Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

That ridiculous. If every other things were the same, of course a T-70 with a shield more than a T-65 should cost 6 points more. If that doesn't make sense, then either the shield upgrade is overcosted, or the platform is not correctly costed.

If Advanced sensor cost 10 points, and a pilot comes out that has the same ability baked in, but for less than 10 points, either that pilot is undercosted, or the ship doesn't have access to the upgrade in the first place and as such the effect of advanced sensor is costed differently because of how it interact with the platform. Some ships do things like that. In the case of Wedge, his ability doesn't interact with his frame, it's very similar (i.e. better) than an upgrade he can already take, and he's paying underpriced cost for it. 

Or it is simply because the upgrade costs a lot compared to the ship. You don't ever take black Sqd tie-ln with expensive talents because that is crazy, the % increase in the points is too high. Instead expensive talents are more likely to be on an already expensive ship. Ideally they upgrades would cost a % of the ship base or something, but that isn't how it is done.

Outmanoeuvre is an expensive upgrade. Perhaps too expensive for an x-wing.

Edited by Muff2n

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:
  • Resistance Leia is most expensive crew in the game

Oh, I hate this... Because you're going to pay a LOT just to have her on the board. She requires, outright, the resistance transport, not shuttle pod, to really be in the game. So we're looking at a possible 40-50 points for Resistance Leia.

Nooooo sir, not down with that at all.

oph, my expectations for the Hyena were completely off

FFG very neatly sidestepped sensor spam by allocating variable upgrade slots and disallowing torps. We can only get passive sensors on backtoids, so we're capped at 2.

Gonna have to plan hard to make sure these guys see any play

Echo up one? Aww.

Vader up 2? Soontir up 1? Definitely good. No love for the genetics though…

all Defenders down?!  Y’all have been sleeping on it. It was good already.

A few broad platform tweaks I largely don’t care about, Decimator, Aggressor, scimitar all down.

Cienna are from 10-6, the biggest drop. 6 seems close to fair. Sloane down? Only 1, but not sure we needed that. Jerrijord only down 2 😒

but, hey, new hyperspace legal crew including the Inquisitor crew. Ok.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Is that under the points list for Support?

I only started playing recently and bought into the Republic...last week. 😭

Edited by astronautcowboy
I seem to have quoted the wrong person, sorry.

Was 2 Jedi + 2 V19s really broken to the point of having to be invalidated?

Anakin and Ahsoka, both with R2 and 7B, with 2 Gold Squadron Troopers, formerly 198, now...208.

I’m trying not to be salty, but I didn’t expect that kind of a hit.

Obviously this assumes that for scaling agility they consider the base agility, not the altered agility after taking 7B.  

Posted (edited)

VTG to 8! Ouch. I didn't think it was misspriced.

And Ion cannon turret to 5! My poor y-wings. I already preferred x-wings to them and now this :P

Edited by Muff2n

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

oph, my expectations for the Hyena were completely off

FFG very neatly sidestepped sensor spam by allocating variable upgrade slots and disallowing torps. We can only get passive sensors on backtoids, so we're capped at 2.

Gonna have to plan hard to make sure these guys see any play

What about the ridiculous 42 points for 32-C? I can’t believe that lol

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

yeah that's made me really sad

he was the one I was most looking forward to :(

on the other hand, ONE POINT struts...shenanigans! 

CIS went from having double sith to having only Grievous and Vultures. I’m very very sad

9 minutes ago, Revanxv said:

Great, Anakin went up, 7B went up, CLT went down but it doesn't matter because it wasn't the point cost that was the problem with CLT. 7B Anakin was inferior to Vader and more expensive, now the gap between them got even bigger. Rough 6 months incoming for Republic players.

Its a mixed bag, all other pilots went down, the i5s went down a ton, cheaper now even with 7B, and the goof i4s only went up 1pt with 7B

R2 went up, which hurts, but wasn't really a fan of regen play to begin with. Here's to hoping 4x i4-5 CLT is decent