Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

Here we are, expecting them to drop a PDF on time.  Lets review some history:

1.  Well, the ap sucks, and that always causes me some concern with any thing ffg releases online.

2.  They couldnt get wave 4  release correctly with how much lead time?

Just now, martini74 said:

Here we are, expecting them to drop a PDF on time.  Lets review some history:

1.  Well, the ap sucks, and that always causes me some concern with any thing ffg releases online.

2.  They couldnt get wave 4  release correctly with how much lead time?

Sad, but 100% accurate

I wonder if the named V-19's and I3 generic will be usable now. The ARC's feel pretty well balanced on the Republic IMO, so no major changes on them is just fine by me. The Delta-7's are difficult to place but do seem to be worth the points when flown well. The V-19's apart from the I2 are all just bad with the points as they stand now though. I really want to try out a squad of them with their faction talent, so hopefully that will be better once we know what the points are.

12 minutes ago, Muff2n said:

The arguments about comparing wedge's ability to an upgrade don't really hold merit. For example the T-70 has a shield over the T-65, but clearly shouldn't cost 6 points more, because that's too much for a shield.

Otherwise if there was, say, a named tie fighter with Wedge's ability, would you really say it should be priced at 23 + Int cost + over 6 points?

That isn't to say he isn't too cheap or whatever, but simple comparison to upgrades is not a be all and end all argument.

That ridiculous. If every other things were the same, of course a T-70 with a shield more than a T-65 should cost 6 points more. If that doesn't make sense, then either the shield upgrade is overcosted, or the platform is not correctly costed.

If Advanced sensor cost 10 points, and a pilot comes out that has the same ability baked in, but for less than 10 points, either that pilot is undercosted, or the ship doesn't have access to the upgrade in the first place and as such the effect of advanced sensor is costed differently because of how it interact with the platform. Some ships do things like that. In the case of Wedge, his ability doesn't interact with his frame, it's very similar (i.e. better) than an upgrade he can already take, and he's paying underpriced cost for it. 

Great, Anakin went up, 7B went up, CLT went down but it doesn't matter because it wasn't the point cost that was the problem with CLT. 7B Anakin was inferior to Vader and more expensive, now the gap between them got even bigger. Rough 6 months incoming for Republic players.