Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

4 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

It’s barely enough. Point for point you’d never want a generic Interceptor over Fel. The answer is Fel 100% of the time.

Same logic applies to far too many aces. They all need to go up to make generics worth taking.

This is more a reflection on the weakness of the generic Interceptor rather than Fel IMO 😄

Fel at least pays a high premium, 18 points. And he is far more fragile than Wedge.

1 minute ago, millertime059 said:

This is more a reflection on the weakness of the generic Interceptor rather than Fel IMO 😄

Fel at least pays a high premium, 18 points. And he is far more fragile than Wedge.

Whether or not you like my example doesn't change the truth in my statement. You'll have to examine past the biases on your own time. I'm not interested in the debate.

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

Whether or not you like my example doesn't change the truth in my statement. You'll have to examine past the biases on your own time. I'm not interested in the debate.

I wasn’t arguing the truth. I agree with the core point, mine is just that this is more because the I1 Interceptor isn’t viable, while the I1 X theoretically is. A 20+ point spread between Fel and the Alpha is not unwarranted. It just shouldn’t be all at one end, is all.

Justice for generic Interceptors!

Posted (edited)

Regardless of any specific change made or skipped, that was an awesome stream, very insightful. The designers came thru as truly interested in making the game better for all types of players, both tourney-junkies, casual and new players.

Kudos FFG team.

Edited by LUZ_TAK
Spelling

The arguments about comparing wedge's ability to an upgrade don't really hold merit. For example the T-70 has a shield over the T-65, but clearly shouldn't cost 6 points more, because that's too much for a shield.

Otherwise if there was, say, a named tie fighter with Wedge's ability, would you really say it should be priced at 23 + Int cost + over 6 points?

That isn't to say he isn't too cheap or whatever, but simple comparison to upgrades is not a be all and end all argument.

Just now, heckathornjeff said:

implied in stream they were going to go do it now., but how long will it take them to do the update?

Depends on how long processing on the back end takes and their latency to the site itself.

14 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Vultures even cheaper? please god no....

Vultures weren't the problem. The ESC was the problem and I believe they said it was going up.