Sadgit

Sands of the Past - Release

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

Just a question regarding the new monsters:

Sarcophagus Guards are Small (1) monsters, Burrowing Horrors are Large (4) right? 

Correct.

EDIT: I will add this information to the rule book.

Edited by Sadgit

I think I will change my expansion then !

8 hours ago, Sadgit said:

Sadgit, what do you think if I change it a bit so there will be 2 new heroes, 1 scout and 1 Warrior, with a Warrior class and a Scout class, so it will close (again) the classes ?

Posted (edited)

It depends on the time you have already invested in fine-tuning your heroes and classes. This was by far the most complex task in SotP. Most of the Class cards went through several iteration cycles before we were finally happy. And that was after the original creators Zaltyre (psychic) and Painkeeper (hierophant) spent many hours on the original versions of the classes.

Frankly, for me personally a balanced, innovative class or hero is of great value even if the number of heroes or classes for each archetype are not perfectly in line.   

Edited by Sadgit

Posted (edited)

I'm having a hard time with the druid from almost a year now. I like the idea really much but I'm not able to find a good way to finish it and balance it. It troubles me since.µ

Other components are not so hard to balance, but I'm lacking good ideas for a Mage and I must change some with the new lost legends out now.

So, I will think of it for this summer, and on top of that, there's a new campaign with a friend I have to finish soon. Looots of unepaid work lol
Fans are crazy

Edited by rugal

Sadgit - I have a question regarding selecting monsters for quests in SotP.

Rulebook says

"Retrieve figures, Monster cards, and Monster Activation cards
for monsters noted in the “Monsters” section of the quest
description and place them in the general play area. For open
monster groups draw Monster cards from the bottom of the
supply deck until a card with a matching trait is revealed."

"Supply deck" supposed to be the monster cards or the Monster Activation cards I guess. Should it be suffled before drawing (and after each encounter/quests)? Or should be ordered by the numbers on the Monster Activation cards?

I'm asking because I have an idea to add a "Give me random monsters" button to my Monster selection sheet. With that you'd be able to pick random monsters from the filtered area based on the selected monster traits.

I have some questions regarding SotP:

1) What happens if Perill card deck is run out of cards but the encounter still doesn't ends? There are some encounters in HoB which have encounter deck with only minor or major perils, but no deadly at the end. It supposed to be harder and harder as time goes by I guess.

2) How Blind conditions is working with re-roll events? Eg. with Reynhart (only for X), Widow Tarha. Can the Overlord force to re-roll with Staff of Shadows for example to trigger Blind for a hero?

1) All encounters that have Peril decks without a Deadly Peril card should automatically end due to quest mechanics shortly after the last Minor/Major Peril card is drawn. 

2) Yes, reroll abilities can be used as usual. All relics that usually require decisions of the overlord have been modified for RtP. You can find the details on p.11 of the rules and quest guide. For Staff of Shadows the modified ability is: 

Staff of Shadows: Exhaust this card to reroll the blue attack die when a hero's attack would defeat a monster or when a monster rolls an X on the blue attack die, whichever comes first.

Thus, only if a blinded hero would defeat a monster, Staff of Shadows would be used. 

Edited by Sadgit