Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ClanNatioy2

Horrific Horde release

Recommended Posts

 

Does anyone know when this is supposed to come out? Ive been to one website and they have it set for June but on the FFG upcoming release page there is nothing there for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a very helpful post to you, but no, I don't know anything other than some websites say June, and it isn't FFG's website that says that.  I am not sure why Horrific Hordes isn't on the update page, and I haven't been following that page to know how closely it is updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Does it really make much diffrence when a new BK e xpansion will be made? 

With NO Basic Game availabe,, Battlelore is a dead man walking.. it looks like it is alive but ,,, witj now new players possable, BL is dead.

 

sigh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maimed said:

 Does it really make much diffrence when a new BK e xpansion will be made? 

With NO Basic Game availabe,, Battlelore is a dead man walking.. it looks like it is alive but ,,, witj now new players possable, BL is dead.

 

sigh

 

 

Kind of a limited view of things.   I don't particularily agree.   I think in good faith Fantasy Flight has done a fairly good job promoting the game so far.  I'm personally going to give them some time for come up with a solution to the previously mentioned issues surrounding the artifically low original base game price points.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TheKingOfBlades said:

 

Does anyone know when this is supposed to come out? Ive been to one website and they have it set for June but on the FFG upcoming release page there is nothing there for it

 

FYI :   My experience to date with the FF sight is they don't say much after they make the post about a new expantion.  Things are quiet until they release and then you will typically see an news board flash that the product is ready.   I've typically gotten more reliable information, like you said, from other sights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well.... I do know for a fact that several "would be palyer" have not been able to buy the basic set and decided to take their money else where...

as well as people that already have the basic set but are unable to buy expansions,,, are going to other games with there money also..

that is very very grim.. right? plus their friends that will be playing the new game and not gain intrest in Battlelore.. I Do have ALL the expansions.. but the co players are leaving Battlelore... my painted minis are gathering dust,,, and will continue to do that unless I play solo... 

that is truely "horriffic" for me as a player...  as for spending 36 Euros on a creature expansion, where I already have TWO of three creatures,,, that is out of the question.. a Hydra in 15mm is really quite cheap... but as I said I am losing my mate that I can play with.... so a take it easy attitude is way out of line for me,,, I DO want to see action.. not sit and meditate... I did that with DOW;,, and got nothing after over a year.. now FFG,.... no mate... we are looking at a dead system I feel unless we see action..

 

****... I love BL

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time and time again I am amazed at people just leaving some game behind just because their is no (new) stuff to buy...

I can get that when there is no new stuff and the old stuff is getting boring, you stop playing it. But nobody really complains that "the old stuff" is getting boring, they just want to wander off or even sell off the old stuff because there is no new although they admittedly still enjoy the old stuff.

I can get how you do not get interested in a game that you never get to know, because you cannot buy it and nobody around you has it. A nice advertisement does not help if you can't get the product itself. I do not understand how people lose their playing mates because they wander off because they cannot buy the game themselves. They probably can play the game anytime they want with the owner of the game, so do they really NEED to buy the game to enjoy it? Is not having the game yourself but still being able to play it such a turn off that you do not want to play it anymore at all? I mean I get it, everybody wants to own what they like. But not liking something that you can't own?

Ok, pointless post ;) Just my 2 (euro) cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Polarstern said:

Time and time again I am amazed at people just leaving some game behind just because their is no (new) stuff to buy...

I can get that when there is no new stuff and the old stuff is getting boring, you stop playing it. But nobody really complains that "the old stuff" is getting boring, they just want to wander off or even sell off the old stuff because there is no new although they admittedly still enjoy the old stuff.

I can get how you do not get interested in a game that you never get to know, because you cannot buy it and nobody around you has it. A nice advertisement does not help if you can't get the product itself. I do not understand how people lose their playing mates because they wander off because they cannot buy the game themselves. They probably can play the game anytime they want with the owner of the game, so do they really NEED to buy the game to enjoy it? Is not having the game yourself but still being able to play it such a turn off that you do not want to play it anymore at all? I mean I get it, everybody wants to own what they like. But not liking something that you can't own?

Ok, pointless post ;) Just my 2 (euro) cents.

 

HI Mate.. not pointless at all... but its human nature.. I can play most any time,.... almost.. but still if they cant OWN it they drift off... it is grazy hmm? 

I do have ALL the Richard Borg stuff ( M'44 and Ancients all of both of them too, and when C&C Napoleon comes I'll buy that too)

IF we had this ONline... and dont tell me it is so hard to do... GametableOnline has Cry Havoc( the only Richard Borg game I do not have) and the reworking the program for BL is really only a job of a few weeks and IF FFG doesnt not have the resorses then hobby mates will do it for free.. we could have matzes from all over the world playing BL... yeahhh instead of .. seeing the mates drift off grrrr

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maimed said:

IF we had this ONline... and dont tell me it is so hard to do...  

I know you've had (have?) issues with Vassal, but there's a wonderfully functional (although not updated) module for BattleLore.  Plus there is a still-rough-around-the-edges module available here, that incorporates all of the DoW expansions.  I am always looking for people to play with :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

toddrew said:

Maimed said:

 

IF we had this ONline... and dont tell me it is so hard to do...  

 

 

I know you've had (have?) issues with Vassal, but there's a wonderfully functional (although not updated) module for BattleLore.  Plus there is a still-rough-around-the-edges module available here, that incorporates all of the DoW expansions.  I am always looking for people to play with :)

 

I really really really do not like Vassal.. not al all.  Take a look at Gamestableonline,,, they have a Cry Havoc game ( 95%) the same as Battle lore( but for the magic) and it is a lovely functional game , with a lobby to find players , rate the game( if that is what you like) 

 

My biggest hastle with vassal is the download stuff and no enforcement of rules. M'44 can be done using the Cry Havoc soce in max 4 weeks... and let the users make design your own so there are all the non official game that can use the code... one man .. ONE experianced man,... even a hobby player can do it.. so really it is just a question of talking to the gametableonline people... and agreeing on something.. no one can tell me that they need years .. 4 weeks , even having an experenced Hobby gamer do the work... come on... 

 

And as far as "horrific hord" goes.... I am happy to buy it... but will the next one me ,,, "horrific dwarfs?".. we have LOTS of talent here and We can bild a grould and make and inofficial "undead " "elf" etc army.. we can test it in the open with our felow gamers ... right? or are we to dumb? ,,, we are NOT dumb ,,  we can do it.. look I am an old guy and have been playing wargames, tabletops , etc for around 55 years now... 55 years of gaming,,, so I can tell your with 100% certianty that WE(gamers) can do it.. 100% can do

 

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR .... ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR we can wait 3+ more years... you can see from my yearrrrss gaming , that 3+ or 5+ more years of waiting ,,, is kind of putting me into the age of... iffy... if I am still here... so I am intressted in getting it done.. FFG can have the rightrs of my / our work,... what do I care,,, I( we) are hobby players.. right... FFG ( and anyother good company will give us something for putting in the effort, free game/ our names in the booklet whatever) but we are intressted in the GAME right? sure we are !

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vassal has a lobby to meet players.  Vassal modules are user created.  Who enforces the rules when you play a game on the table?  The "rough-around-the-edges" module has no extensions to load, and the modules that do have extensions, you load them one time, and then any time after that you start the module they are there.  Extensions are a great way for any user to add content to a module.

I've been playing games for three years on Vassal, and haven't had the need to learn how to create modules or extensions - others have taken care of that so far :) , but I hope to find some time to get into that side of Vassal in order to adapt the FFG expansions to the module as it appears that no one else is :)

I have had the links to gametableonline for sometime, and popped on today to give it a go.  Seemed very foreign to me, as I expect Vassal would to anyone used to another online format or approaching for the first time.  I created a game and immediately someone joined in, which is good, except that I was still acclimating myself, and he didn't appear too interested in assisting me there, which is fine, but my first impression of game room is that it may be a bit more towards the competitve side than the play for enjoyment side.

I can see that it would be a fine way to play - I just prefer Vassal, and the biggest reason is that is the way I have been playing ;) , just like I think the biggest reason one would prefer any of the formats is that that is what they are used to.  I could certainly adapt to gametableonline or anything else though.  I just would like to get a community sense going somewhere...and vassal would be the place I would prefer :)

EDIT: let me amend that last line - the place I would most prefer is something through FFG.  Just before DoW dumped BL they were indicating that they were working on getting some online play capabilities going a la Ticket to Ride.  I was disappointed that didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

toddrew said:

 

EDIT: let me amend that last line - the place I would most prefer is something through FFG.  Just before DoW dumped BL they were indicating that they were working on getting some online play capabilities going a la Ticket to Ride.  I was disappointed that didn't happen.

+++++++++ yes yes yes to the edit bit :) +++++++++++++

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get back to the question that started this thread:

 

I have seen several internet stores stating that Horrific Hordes will be released in june. But then i saw one store (forgot which one thouch) that said november.

 

I don´t know either why Horrific Horde is not on the upcoming page. The two Operation Tannhäuser expansions that were anounced today are already on that page.

 

Seems to me that Battlelore is just not handled with the same enthusiasm and profesionality as FFG:s other games, so maybe someone just forgot...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to see this on the upcoming page  - the artwork seems at an advanced stage and the sculpts seems done - there is even a price - so the costing must be done. Did someone forget to update the upcoming web page? Apologies, I don't want to get anyone in trouble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

FFG is usually very quick with there upcoming page. products are on there the day they are announced. What makes this battlelore expansion different? It was announced weeks ago and still no info on the upcoming page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...