Kingsguard

Want to play my Naboo Starfighter and Resistance Transport but don't know their costs.

Posted (edited)

Just picked up my Naboo Starfighter and Resistance Transport today. Was surprised to see them since I hadn't seen any announcement about them being shipped. I can't find the point costs anywhere though. Anyone know what they are?

Edited by Kingsguard

Just now, pakirby said:

There are no points for them.  Points should be released by FFG tomorrow.  And where have you been, there’s been a huge b-fest about the ships being released :)

b-fest?

2 minutes ago, Kingsguard said:

So what's the story behind this? FFG reased early? Didn't finish the point list?

FFG moved the official release date back from the 6th June to early July.  However, the Australian distributor and a couple of US retailers (most notably Barnes & Noble) didn't get the message in time, and so some stock has made it out into the wild early on.

There's a Twitch stream by FFG to talk about the new points later today, with the PDF of the points to follow shortly afterwards.  These changes won't become official (and won't be on the official app) until the actual official release of Wave 4 however - although there's nothing stopping you from using them for casual games before that! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jarval said:

FFG moved the official release date back from the 6th June to early July.  However, the Australian distributor and a couple of US retailers (most notably Barnes & Noble) didn't get the message in time, and so some stock has made it out into the wild early on.

There's a Twitch stream by FFG to talk about the new points later today, with the PDF of the points to follow shortly afterwards.  These changes won't become official (and won't be on the official app) until the actual official release of Wave 4 however - although there's nothing stopping you from using them for casual games before that! 🙂

I see. Interesting. It's too bad, I was all excited to play them and my friend even came over for a game and then we realized we didn't have the point costs. Oh well.

Just now, Kingsguard said:

I see. Interesting. It's too bad, I was all excited to play them and my friend even came over for a game and then we realized we didn't have the point costs. Oh well.

There are Quick Build cards in the packs, so there is that option - it's not the same as points, but an 8 Threat Quick Build game is pretty close to a standard 200 point game in terms of the amount of stuff you'll have on the board. 🙂

4 hours ago, pakirby said:

Points should be released by FFG tomorrow.

Do we actually know for sure if we will get the points for the new wave? We should perhaps, but since it’s not an official release yet, it’s possible they only do adjustments of existing content.

3 minutes ago, kempokid said:

Do we actually know for sure if we will get the points for the new wave? We should perhaps, but since it’s not an official release yet, it’s possible they only do adjustments of existing content.

There's been some unofficial confirmation via Reddit, but we won't know for absolutely sure until the stream.

FYI at my Barnes and Noble,  they didn't have any wave 4 stuff on the shelf,  but the website said they had them. I asked someone,  gave them the sku and they looked in the back and got what I wanted.  So if you don't see them,  ask. 

2 hours ago, kempokid said:

Matt Holland posted on the Fly Better Facebook page that the Wave 4 points will, in fact, be posted today.  

Anyone tried them out on TTS, Vassal or Fly Casual? I tried the N1 on FC and they are a fun ship.

Good dial, good action bar, good upgrade slots. I think it's a solid little ship. I haven't bought any Republic yet, but I think I might pick up 3 or 4 of them once they're officially out.

Just now, Force Majeure said:

Anyone tried them out on TTS, Vassal or Fly Casual? I tried the N1 on FC and they are a fun ship.

Good dial, good action bar, good upgrade slots. I think it's a solid little ship. I haven't bought any Republic yet, but I think I might pick up 3 or 4 of them once they're officially out.

I might go back to Barnes and Noble and see if I can find a couple more. I was surprised the Transport was 30 bucks though! It's not even big....

Don't quote me on this but I feel like I remember hearing somewhere that these point changes/ point update doesn't include the new wave points and that they will only be released along with the wave in July. 

Can anyone else confirm if I'm right or going mad? 

4 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I’ve ran Ric Olie on Fly Casual. It’s hard to tell for sure how effective he is, as the AI typically just jousts you. But he’s a lot of fun. I’m probably going to staple a shield upgrade and that R2-A6 droid to him. 

28 minutes ago, K13R4N said:

Don't quote me on this but I feel like I remember hearing somewhere that these point changes/ point update doesn't include the new wave points and that they will only be released along with the wave in July. 

Can anyone else confirm if I'm right or going mad? 

On the FFG Legion Worlds Live stream that's what was said, yes.

But then Matt Holland went on FB after the fact and said Wave 4 would be included.