Boom Owl

X-Wing State of the Union

Posted (edited)

FFG will soon  つ ◕◕ ༽つ SUMMON NEW POINTS ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つMakes it an appropriate time to look back and reflect on the journey. 

On a scale of 1 to 10 how painful was the Feb to June Meta? Answer separately for Extended and Hyperspace I guess. 
W1lnXKp.jpg

Extended: https://strawpoll.com/7123g54c
Hyperspace: https://strawpoll.com/e3wg6awd

oLw9iCL.png

VbP2BpJ.png

Edited by Boom Owl

I'd say 3 now, not so much due to anything being broken, more so just because of how stale it is. That has meant a few problem lists (we all know what they are) have risen to the top and just lingered there.

I think once the newer factions get there first points update, it will open up the meta a bit more. Fingers crossed anyway.

25 minutes ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

Phantoms score around the 3 mark .  Beef clocks in around 2.  Absent those contenders, I'm feeling 0 for both

Pretty much the same for me, though I'd basically say that they are both rather boring to play against rather than painful.

I'd say a 2 for Hyperspace. If it was just Beef, it'd be a 1, but Handbrake Han's existence is worth another point off.

Can't comment on Extended as I've literally not played the format outside of occasional casual nights.

In comparison to 1e... definitely 0. 

In comparison to when I flew Redline BEFORE points change ... 😩😩😩

Seriously, tho I agree with the comments that I’m looking forward to just something fresh.  

Hyperspace 4 (hate all the Beef lists that just count on "you never will bring down all my shields/hull in 75 min.  / Wedge is too prevalent / Leia too cheap)

Extented 3 (last game has been months - phantoms, handbrake Han and the Dreadloks / Never had to play against them, but I can see the problem with them)

I would say its a 0 in my local area. Even at the one Hyperspace open i went too it was a good mixture of Rebel, Imperial, Clones and Seps. Nothing stood out to me as overpowered.

Hyperspace 0

Extended 0

2 for me. 

Other than high ship counts being preferred, I don't really have much of a dominant local meta. I haven't played against a single TIE Phantom or Beef list. In fact, the only person I know how has played Rebel Beef there recently is... me. And that was just as a farewell before it goes away forever. And.... because I hadn't won for a while. 

But whenever I come to build a list, I can't find anything worth doing with my Scum ships. And I can't find anything fun to do with Rebel ships that doesn't just end up with me saying "if I drop a couple of upgrades, I can fit in Braylen/Dutch/GSB/AP-5 as well and it'll be a stronger list".

I'm hoping the points changes somehow make 3 ship lists with some fun upgrades (like Advanced Sensors) more viable. 

I'll keep running my Rexler/Fel/Vynder list if I have to, but I really want any Firespray list to be good or a Rebel list to do fun things. I'd also like to fly against more TIE Fighters that aren't Iden, but I'm probably in the minority there. I'd also like to fly against more large bases. 

In general, I've had a fine time the last six months. I've played and played against a very good variety of ships and lists. 

10 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

Based on the current results, I'm guessing not a lot of Scum players have voted yet....

One did, but he’s also one of the few scum players who won a trial. It was also the largest trial of the season. Maybe the other Scum players should just git gud. 

Hyperspace: 1 

Extended: Never really played it much and when I did go to Extended tourneys people just brought Hyperspace lists for the most part.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Can't comment on Extended as I've literally not played the format outside of occasional casual nights.

2 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

Extended: Never really played it much and when I did go to Extended tourneys people just brought Hyperspace lists for the most part.

These make me so sad to see because there are so many fun, interesting, and cool things in Extended that just get missed in the tiny hyperspace meta. I almost never play Hyperspace as we have a pretty small local scene that's mostly just fun and casual. I have a Saw/Wulff/Kulbee list that I'm currently undefeated with and I enjoy Decimator/VCX builds a lot too.

I'm a zero-to-one on both because I'm largely outside the meta anyway. I do want more things to be useful though (non-howl TIEs, large ships, I4 aces, etc.)

Edited by ClassicalMoser

2 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

Based on the current results, I'm guessing not a lot of Scum players have voted yet....

I took Boba/Teroch/Seevor to 4-1 at triple-ups-legal Krayt Cup in March and had a blast, then flew other stuff when the Beef meta settled in and trashed, then decided to join them, since I couldn't beat them.