J1mBob

Seeking: Quick Build Cards for Re-released Ships

I have bad Google-fu.  I'm having trouble tracking down all the new quick builds for the re-released ships.  @Tervlon sent me an image of the B-wing builds, which are different than the previously released B-wing quick builds! And I've seen quick build cards for the new ships (Hyena, Resistance Transport, N-1).  But how about the other re-releases: the Falcon, Decimator, TIE/SF, and Silencer?

b-wing_quick_builds_wave4.jpg

(I'm looking to update my Quick Build Squad Builder site...)

9 minutes ago, saturnflight said:

Hope someone can help you out!

Still hoping for a quick build site/app that will deal out random quick build cards for simulated drafts.

It's on my to-do's... I've got some time this week to work on it, so stay posted!

41 minutes ago, saturnflight said:

Still hoping for a quick build site/app that will deal out random quick build cards for simulated drafts.

I wrote a web-site to do that for a league we are currently running in my local group.  When a player registers for the league, it pulls 10 cards for your selected faction (or 16 for the original 3 factions) from which they select 8 quick builds.  Then each round, they can make any list up to 8 threat using their deck of 8 quick build cards.

One tip that seemed to work well in this league is I set the random draw to include 1 4+ threat card, 1 one threat card, 2 two threat cards, and 2 three threat cards.  After that the card pulls are completely random, but ensuring that everyone has access to those threat values ensures nobody gets stuck with something that is completely unplayable.

It's been a lot of fun and resulted in people flying ships and pilots they don't typically fly or flying them in a different fashion.

5 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

I wrote a web-site to do that for a league we are currently running in my local group.  When a player registers for the league, it pulls 10 cards for your selected faction (or 16 for the original 3 factions) from which they select 8 quick builds.  Then each round, they can make any list up to 8 threat using their deck of 8 quick build cards.

One tip that seemed to work well in this league is I set the random draw to include 1 4+ threat card, 1 one threat card, 2 two threat cards, and 2 three threat cards.  After that the card pulls are completely random, but ensuring that everyone has access to those threat values ensures nobody gets stuck with something that is completely unplayable.

It's been a lot of fun and resulted in people flying ships and pilots they don't typically fly or flying them in a different fashion.

This sounds remarkably similar to something I was hoping to to work on. Any chance of sharing at all?

1 hour ago, joeshmoe554 said:

Is it... publicly accessible?

Because that's exactly what I'm hoping for!

So my site is currently designed to save the random pulls and selections for each player so it could save their quick build drafts for the league, but I have some time this week and can probably remove that functionality to make a public site that people can use to just pull the random cards.

11 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

So my site is currently designed to save the random pulls and selections for each player so it could save their quick build drafts for the league, but I have some time this week and can probably remove that functionality to make a public site that people can use to just pull the random cards.

Perhaps I could work with you so that your random card pull could be imported into my QBSB tool to make the quick build cards?

Not sure if you want the literal cards but I thought all the quick build "cards" were available in the xwing mobile app for free? The first wave definitely was. Have they not kept that up to date or something? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, flooze said:

If you just need the content but not the actual cards, there is a PDF for each faction

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Scroll down to support/quick builds

Pretty sure the PDF and the cards contain different quick builds.  Kinda like the promo card quick builds.

Edited by saturnflight

6 hours ago, Cryix said:

Not sure if you want the literal cards but I thought all the quick build "cards" were available in the xwing mobile app for free? The first wave definitely was. Have they not kept that up to date or something? 

I’m looking for Wave 4, specifically, whether the Decimator, Falcon, TIE/SF, or Silencer have Quick Builds different from the previously posted builds in the quick build PDF. I’m even willing to re-download the app if these are in there! 😂

11 hours ago, Cryix said:

I have never managed to find any quick builds in FFG's official squad builder.  It would be nice if they supported a quick build format in the app, but if they do I haven't seen it.

5 hours ago, saturnflight said:

Pretty sure the PDF and the cards contain different quick builds.  Kinda like the promo card quick builds.

The PDF contains all of the quick builds from released expansions and the quick builds they made for the conversion kits, but the PDFs were updated with the quick builds for wave 3 a little over 8 weeks after that wave was released so it will likely be a while before the wave 4 quick builds make it into there.

Posted (edited)

They are on my unboxing videos.  Just search for whichever ship you're looking for and include "Crabbok" in your search text and I'm sure you'll find it.  The only exception was the Droid Bomber, which I somehow forgot to include, but in the video description I included a link to a photo I took afterward, of the cards.  

Silencer is there, but Falcon, SF, and Decimator I've yet to pick up.   Maybe soon, if they're still in stock.  Budgets are SOBs, especially with GenCon around the corner.  

Edited by Crabbok

9 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

Silencer is there, but Falcon, SF, and Decimator I've yet to pick up.   Maybe soon, if they're still in stock.  Budgets are SOBs, especially with GenCon around the corner.  

Great, thanks! So it sounds like I can get the Silencer quick builds from your video and I’ve got the B-Wing quick builds (see first post).

I’m still looking for the quick builds for Falcon, TIE/SF, and the Decimator. 

18 hours ago, J1mBob said:

I’m looking for Wave 4, specifically, whether the Decimator, Falcon, TIE/SF, or Silencer have Quick Builds different from the previously posted builds in the quick build PDF. I’m even willing to re-download the app if these are in there! 😂

apologies. It was the pdfs that I was thinking about, not the app :( I'm sure they'll update the pdf soon. 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, J1mBob said:

Great, thanks! So it sounds like I can get the Silencer quick builds from your video and I’ve got the B-Wing quick builds (see first post).

I’m still looking for the quick builds for Falcon, TIE/SF, and the Decimator. 

Falcon is up now.  Decimator should be up in a few days.