Darth Meanie

Your Space Oddity

31 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Yep.

Watched the Luke rescue sequence again, the TIE/Lns don't look to be doing any hard turning or complex maneuvers in the scenes they are in view and the turnaround after the first strafe takes a fair bit of time even though it happens off camera. Really neither supports nor undermines the Legends statements on their issues with in atmosphere maneuverability.

55 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Watched the Luke rescue sequence again, the TIE/Lns don't look to be doing any hard turning or complex maneuvers in the scenes they are in view and the turnaround after the first strafe takes a fair bit of time even though it happens off camera. Really neither supports nor undermines the Legends statements on their issues with in atmosphere maneuverability.

LOL.  I was just jerking with ya.

But a good debater always returns to the primary source material. 😁

I still like your premise for "shield aerodynamics" though. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

LOL.  I was just jerking with ya.

But a good debater always returns to the primary source material. 😁

I still like your premise for "shield aerodynamics" though. 

Isn't mine, came from the Rogue Squadron novels.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, Scum4Life said:

Why do you have about spot for the Ghtroc, I'm only vaguely aware of it as I run Edge of Empire games and it was a potential cheap large (enough) Freighter for my group

Basically what everybody else has said...in my few forays into RPG, this was the ship I ended up flying. I've thought it was cool ever since.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RebelRogue said:

Basically what everybody else has said...in my few forays into RPG, this was the ship I ended up flying. I've thought it was cool ever since.

For any other RPG fans of the Ghtroc, here are some very cool deckplan: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Ghtroc/720/Ghtroc_720.html

Full gallery of the awesome site: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Main/Galleries.html

Personally I love the Nova-Drive 3-Z and have used it as base trasport ship for any SW adventure I ran: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Nova-Drive/3-Z.html

I would totally buy either if they ever came to X-wing... 

Edited by LUZ_TAK

47 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

For any other RPG fans of the Ghtroc, here are some very cool deckplans: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Ghtroc/720/Ghtroc_720.html

Full gallery of the awesome site: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Main/Galleries.html

Personally I love the Nova-Drive 3-Z and have used it as base trasport ship for any SW adventure I ran: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Nova-Drive/3-Z.html

I would totally buy either if they ever came to X-wing... 

On 6/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, stuffedskullcat said:

Pursuer-class Enforcement ship, or Boba Fett's Slave 2.

I've always loved the design.

Capture.JPG

Curse you, Enkidu!

On 6/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, Odanan said:

The TIE Striker is not an airspeeder. It's an atmospheric fighter, but space worthy. 

"Although its intended role was as an atmospheric fighter, it could also be used as a starfighter to some extent."

Wasn't that also the basis of the Z-95?

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

YT-2000 for more of the Azzameens. Although scum really doesn’t need yet another large base. Maybe make it the counterpart to the VCX or Decimator?

I still think it should be Rebel.  Sure, it was used for family missions, but many of those missions helped the Rebellion to some extent, and the primary pilot--Ace--was a member of the Rebellion.  If Dash is Rebel, then the YT-2000 certainly should be.

Either way, as much as I hate large-base turret ships and loathe Scum, I would definitely buy it.

Not to get too far on topic, but I would love to see the Experimental TIEs, along with a control shuttle.

710x528_17389773_10068860_1560887527.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, Parakitor said:

How would a zero-G swimming pool even work? I asked my friend, and he said it sounds like a drowning hazard...

Answering this question is possibly the only reason to watch the film Passengers...

9 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

The Rancor Pit :: View topic - Ships from the Ewok Movies

Towanistarcruiser.JPG

Going from Legends in universe aesthetics this looks like a Seinar or Cygnus design (has a strong Lambda flavor to the cockpit).

13 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Noastarship2.JPG

Noastarship.JPG

Trying to pin this one down to a manufacturer and failing. Has nearly the same design aesthetic as the transport the Rey's parents flew off in from what I can tell. Mainly in the engine style/placement and lower hull contouring. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I still think it should be Rebel.  Sure, it was used for family missions, but many of those missions helped the Rebellion to some extent, and the primary pilot--Ace--was a member of the Rebellion.  If Dash is Rebel, then the YT-2000 certainly should be.

Either way, as much as I hate large-base turret ships and loathe Scum, I would definitely buy it.

In fairness, I don’t disagree. I just think it has even less of a niche in the game under the rebel faction. At least in scum it could be the super high hit count zero agi ship they don’t have.

Also, Emon is scum, so keeps it in the family.

Edited by ScummyRebel

20 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

In fairness, I don’t disagree. I just think it has even less of a niche in the game under the rebel faction. At least in scum it could be the super high hit count zero agi ship they don’t have.

Why not both Rebel and Scum? Just like the HWK 290 and Z-95s... larger pool of potential players, more sales potential.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Zero agility?!?  The thing should have at least as much agility as a YT-1300!

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Why not both Rebel and Scum? Just like the HWK 290 and Z-95s... larger pool of potential players, more sales potential.

I was going to say FFG seems to be going in the other direction, but then I remembered we're discussing ships that'll never happen anyway, so why not dream big?

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Trying to pin this one down to a manufacturer and failing. Has nearly the same design aesthetic as the transport the Rey's parents flew off in from what I can tell. Mainly in the engine style/placement and lower hull contouring. 

Rey's parents were Ewoks:  CONFIRMED

Edited by JJ48

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I was going to say FFG seems to be going in the other direction, but then I remembered we're discussing ships that'll never happen anyway, so why not dream big?

That's the spirit! 😎

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

IMHO, a great place for ships like the YT-2000 is in a mission boxed set.  Have the missions center around the model in some way (like, running contraband in the case of the Azzameens), so it really doesn't matter if it has a meta-niche--it has a narrative niche instead.

Hard core tourney players can't complain they have to buy it because other ships fill the meta-niche, and yet fans of the model can get it in the game.

Edited by Darth Meanie

11 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

IMHO, a great place for ships like the YT-2000 is in a mission boxed set.  Have the missions center around the model in some way (like, running contraband in the case of the Azzameens), so it really doesn't matter if it has a meta-niche--it has a narrative niche instead.

Hard core tourney players can't complain they have to buy it because other ships fill the meta-niche, and yet fans of the model can get it in the game.

Ffg are you listening? This is literally printing money right here...

Posted (edited)

latest?cb=20080927092135

But I'll be darned if the model does not have a high potential of f-it-up-ability with that weird sail in the middle. Making the fan in matte plastic could be uglier than the stock Kimogila. That's a sky high bar.  

Also, the good ol' Clawcraft.

latest?cb=20170411044633

*Oh! I forgot to grumble about the Rogue Shadow being an ugly, over-designed, too edgy for its own sake, art direction lacking monstrosity. Grumble grumble. 

Edited by Polda

19 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Answering this question is possibly the only reason to watch the film Passengers...

Not sure they got it right though. I think you could still swim to the “surface” in the giant bubble, you just couldn’t actually leave the water entirely. So no serious risk of drowning.

I think.

Just now, Forgottenlore said:

Not sure they got it right though. I think you could still swim to the “surface” in the giant bubble, you just couldn’t actually leave the water entirely. So no serious risk of drowning.

I think.

Correct, there's no reason to assume you couldn't move within the water.

Heck, I'm pretty sure that things that float, would still "float" towards the surface of the water, because floating is a function of relative density and pressure, not gravity.

I think?