Darth Meanie

Your Space Oddity

5 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Why do you have about spot for the Ghtroc, I'm only vaguely aware of it as I run Edge of Empire games and it was a potential cheap large (enough) Freighter for my group

Because in your heart, you know that the giant space turtle will protect you and take you where you need to go.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Why do you have about spot for the Ghtroc, I'm only vaguely aware of it as I run Edge of Empire games and it was a potential cheap large (enough) Freighter for my group

Well, not that I can speak for @RebelRogue, it was one of the first tramp freighters that WEG published for their RPG that wasn't a YT-1300 knock off.   It featured in several SW sourcebooks back then.

7 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

I'd love to see the R-41 Starchaser. It's got lasers, ion cannons, missile tubes, the works. Sadly, the faction which it'd best fit (Scum) already have the Scyk, which fills the small cannon/missile platform role.

IMHO, that's what Hyperspace is for.  You can have similar (but not exactly the same) ships in a faction and rotate them in a different times.

Edited by Darth Meanie

13 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I'd love to see the R-41 Starchaser. It's got lasers, ion cannons, missile tubes, the works. Sadly, the faction which it'd best fit (Scum) already have the Scyk, which fills the small cannon/missile platform role.

What about a larger cannon/missile platform?

Toscan_8-Q_large.png

I always loved the Toscan 8-Q Fighter...

On 6/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, FTS Gecko said:

I think I"be used up all my requests, to be honest.

But I'd love to see the Sorosuub Luxury Yacht for Epic 2.0.  Zero-G Swimming Pool modification and Twi'lek Dancers Team slots please!

How would a zero-G swimming pool even work? I asked my friend, and he said it sounds like a drowning hazard.

I told him Drowning Pool would have to change the lyrics to their song because the bodies wouldn't hit the floor.

3 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

How would a zero-G swimming pool even work? I asked my friend, and he said it sounds like a drowning hazard.

I told him Drowning Pool would have to change the lyrics to their song because the bodies wouldn't hit the floor.

In a lot of properties I've seen, zero g swimming is just a zero g chamber, with no actual water.

Maybe it's that.

7 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Also would like to see Guri's personal ship, the Stinger. Because you know curves.

The Stinger could be a really interesting ship.  Supposed to be faster than an X-Wing (Boost, probably red for balance), it's a bit bigger than a U-Wing (so medium or large base).  Weapons are a primary turret (probably only a single arc), forward Cannon, and *rear* Torpedoes.  Passenger space was emptied out for extra computer systems (Sensor but no Gunner/Crew slots).

I'd do: 3 (single turret)/2/4/4 with Focus or Calculate, Lock, white rotate, red boost.  Slots being Elite where it makes sense, Torpedo (rear arc only due to a ship ability), Cannon, Sensor, Modification.  In a lot of ways, it'd be almost like what the Lancer used to be.  I might give it a dial pretty similar to a U-Wing or a Ghost, with only one option for a hard turn that isn't red, and not super impressive blues.

2 hours ago, Roller of blanks said:

I unironically want this ship in the game. Shame it probably fits into scum faction. 

Me too, along with the T-16 Skyhopper and T-47 Snowspeeder. Unfulfilled OT iconics that could be faction flexible.

But the nerdrage ... "those aren't spaceships, those are airspeeders!" Nerd boy, they're plastic toys on a table. Let me have my fun without you labeling it badwrongfun.

I want to see the T-16 and T-47, but as super cheaper filler ships if anything.

The R-41 was always a favorite of mine as well as the Cloakshape fighter. 

I really want to see a multi faction YT-2000 with new titles and pilots for the YT-1300. 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, theBitterFig said:

IG 1000 would be sweet.  I love the premise of having the existing IGs essentially in TIE Interceptors, sharing their pilot abilities and such.  Seems really cool.

latest?cb=20130709101731

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/IG-1000

//

Also kind of into the Miy'til starfighter.

Context: I'd started thinking about it in 1e, back with the old Unhinged Astromech reducing the difficulty of a 3-speed maneuvers.  That pretty much locked Scum out of Astromech ships with 3-speed K-Turns or Talon Rolls or such.  So for the Storm, I wanted to try to figure out a ship which could be printed with White Talon Rolls (or S-Loops) and an Astromech, to get stress-clearing flip moves.  If one of those existed, you'd have great time-on-target, so the obvious question to me was how to come up with a ship where time-on-target probably doesn't matter.

Enter the Hapan lore.  Their Turbolasers were supposed to take a really long time to recharge, so what about incorporating that premise into a fighter. Suppose a ship with white or even blue T-Rolls, but maybe 1 printed attack die, and special weapon which can't fire every turn, or a ship ability which can add attack dice after spending multiple charges.

latest?cb=20081004171055

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Miy'til_starfighter

It's in the Age of Rebellion rules - it's really hard to hit (being only signature 2) but nippy and fragile as heck. Slow-charging cannons could definitely work.

I kind of like the TIE predator.

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

So's the TIE Striker. That cherry has been popped, all that is left is to wait and see.

Yeah, prior to the Striker, I would have been more of a purist, so this.

3 hours ago, Odanan said:

The TIE Striker is not an airspeeder. It's an atmospheric fighter, but space worthy. 

"Although its intended role was as an atmospheric fighter, it could also be used as a starfighter to some extent."

Eh.  I can't picture the cloud car not being equipped to be used in hostile atmospheres.  So probably an aerospace vehicle as well. 

On 6/22/2019 at 7:02 AM, Hawkstrike said:

Bespin Cloud Car

latest?cb=20070801012246

What would be cool is for FFG to create special rules for atmospheric combat that allows the two types to mix it up, but gives advantage to aerospace ship (or a penalty to pure space fighters) in planetary atmo.

Maybe something that lightly hoses the dial?

6 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Maybe something that lightly hoses the dial?

Not sure how it is in Canon, but in Legends unshielded ships without a reasonable aerodynamic design (I.E. TIE/Ln and TIE/Sa) were completely hosed when it came to maneuverability in atmosphere. And before some nut job brings up Poe's dog fight over Maz's to try and counter point, TIE/Fos have shields...

25 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Not sure how it is in Canon, but in Legends unshielded ships without a reasonable aerodynamic design (I.E. TIE/Ln and TIE/Sa) were completely hosed when it came to maneuverability in atmosphere. And before some nut job brings up Poe's dog fight over Maz's to try and counter point, TIE/Fos have shields...

OK, but I'll bring up TIE/lns over Bespin.  🤣

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

ESB?

Yep.

But in all seriousness, what you added would be cool.  Ships would do fine it atmosphere til they lost their shields, then they would take some sort of maneuverability hit.

Unless your ship has the Keyword AILERONS, in which case all would be fine.  Which would serve to retcon Strikers  and Reapers.

FFG, are you getting all this?  Wave 6 T-47s, please. 

On 6/22/2019 at 8:02 AM, Hawkstrike said:

Bespin Cloud Car

latest?cb=20070801012246

One cool thing to add for a Cloud Car would be a ship ability that would allow you to equip a crew or gunner upgrade, much like Weapon Hardpoint on the Scyk and T-70 could go for cannon, missile, or torpedo.  Having the flexibility of a gunner or crew on a well-moving, decent-statline light-to-medium fighter would be pretty sweet, as opposed to a purely support ship.