Darth Meanie

Your Space Oddity

Posted (edited)

What left-field ship option would you actually like to see in the game.  Something that will probably never happen but you'd be happy if it did?

For me, it's the X-83 Twin Tail.  I guess I'm a sucker for twin-boom aircraft like the P-38 and the P-82.

Image result for x-83 twintail

Edited by Darth Meanie
Got the number wrong for the "Forked-Tail Devil."

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

What left-field ship option would you actually like to see in the game.  Something that will probably never happen but you'd be happy if it did?

Incom R-28. Cannon armed (carries Ion cannons as part of the stock loadout), utilitarian in aesthetic (no fancy extraneous moving parts, big engines, big guns, simple and effective layout), per the Legends lore was released parallel to the X-Wing but didn't really get a decent sales rate till after the T-65 was phased out when R-28 became a very common system defense fighter. A simple straight forward workhorse that can carry its weight. :)

latest?cb=20090410155337

7 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

For me, it's the X-83 Twin Tail.  I guess I'm a sucker for twin-boom aircraft like the P-39 and the P-82.

Image result for x-83 twintail

Ah, these guys are new to me. I dig it. I also have a soft spot for the P-38. 

There’s a couple of left-field picks I’ve talked about before, such as the V-Wing airspeeder

latest?cb=20170412013305

and the Ebon Hawk from KotOR

5466519-eh.jpg

Plenty more options to choose from, both those are my top two.

8 minutes ago, lordvorkon said:

P-38, you mean? :P

12 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

like the P-39

I caught your sad reaction to the above comment. The P-39 was the Airacobra. Not a bad low altitude fighter, but didn't have the dual boom of the P-38

IG 1000 would be sweet.  I love the premise of having the existing IGs essentially in TIE Interceptors, sharing their pilot abilities and such.  Seems really cool.

latest?cb=20130709101731

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/IG-1000

//

Also kind of into the Miy'til starfighter.

Context: I'd started thinking about it in 1e, back with the old Unhinged Astromech reducing the difficulty of a 3-speed maneuvers.  That pretty much locked Scum out of Astromech ships with 3-speed K-Turns or Talon Rolls or such.  So for the Storm, I wanted to try to figure out a ship which could be printed with White Talon Rolls (or S-Loops) and an Astromech, to get stress-clearing flip moves.  If one of those existed, you'd have great time-on-target, so the obvious question to me was how to come up with a ship where time-on-target probably doesn't matter.

Enter the Hapan lore.  Their Turbolasers were supposed to take a really long time to recharge, so what about incorporating that premise into a fighter. Suppose a ship with white or even blue T-Rolls, but maybe 1 printed attack die, and special weapon which can't fire every turn, or a ship ability which can add attack dice after spending multiple charges.

latest?cb=20081004171055

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Miy'til_starfighter

26 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Rogue Shadow. Because what this game needs is more cloaking 🤣!

latest?cb=20130918184414

Seriously though, I followed the development of The Force Awakens closely, and I have a deep nostalgia for this ship.

P.S. I would have said GUNBOAT, but we all know how that turned out.

I’d like to see the Rogue Shadow. Man, a Starkiller Pilot/crew would be bonkers.

Uglies.

Make a squadron box with several different cockpits and wing/engine options, a generic 2/2/3 ship card, and a whole ton of configurations to match the more common varieties of uglies that would change up the stats, action bar, and upgrade options.  

The Scum Falcon and the Resistance Transport is proof that they can do modular parts, and with the Transport they are getting smaller.

The only downside is that we wouldn’t get Clutches since they are too similar to Phantoms, but bring on the Deathseeds!

20 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

The only downside is that we wouldn’t get Clutches since they are too similar to Phantoms

They could figure out a way to make them different enough that the Invid Tris (aka "Clutches") could be brought in. Chir'daki on the other hand might be an issue if they go for accurate articulation of the wings (T-65 s-foils on a B-Wing "collar"), tho I think I can see how they could do it.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Definitely Ghtroc

Very nice!

It seems to be having some identity issues though... It's painted like Donatello, but named (Leonardo) Davinci.

Even so, super killer.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RebelRogue said:

Very nice!

It seems to be having some identity issues though... It's painted like Donatello, but named (Leonardo) Davinci.

Even so, super killer.

Yeah I forgot who the purple one was.

In my defence I never watched it when I was a kid.

And di Noccolo di Betto Bardi is not as cool a name and wouldn't have fit on.

Edited by thespaceinvader

1 hour ago, RebelRogue said:

I've always wanted a Stealth-X in the game... Maybe that's why I fly T-70s painted black...

I also have a soft spot for Ghtroc 720

Related image

Why do you have about spot for the Ghtroc, I'm only vaguely aware of it as I run Edge of Empire games and it was a potential cheap large (enough) Freighter for my group

48 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yeah I forgot who the purple one was.

In my defence I never watched it when I was a kid.

And di Noccolo di Betto Bardi is not as cool a name and wouldn't have fit on.

Haha, yeah that doesn't quite fit on the side so well.

I'd like to hear the Air Traffic Controller calling for it though.