Sign in to follow this  
Felswrath

Scouring of the Shire

I think it fair enough to say that this is the most requested POD scenario. That said, I also expect that the Fellowship event will be another create your own deck like the past 3. 

What interests me about Scouring of the Shire, though, is what kind of scenario will it be. The POD can be put into 3 main types of scenarios: 

Regular: Includes normal scenarios, multiplayer scenarios and unique scenarios (Murder at the Prancing Pony).

Saga Scenarios: fit directly into the Saga Campaign

Competitive Scenarios: Wizard's Quest, etc.

My initial thought was that if this scenario was designed, it would have to be a Saga Pack because it's part of LotR. But as I thought on it more, I'm not sure that this would be necessary from a game play standpoint. All the heroes meet up beforehand. They would lose many of the burdens with the Ring gone and the forces of Evil defeated. Would this not be better as a regular scenario that can be played after the Campaign, but separate from it? 

We know that this GenCon event is another build your own adventure don’t we?

Imagine this for a moment: a seventh and final saga box with a slate of new player cards and Scouring of the Shire.  For the other two adventures we get non-POD versions of The Old Forest and Fog on the Barrow Downs.  Would you pay for that?

2 hours ago, Halberto said:

Or even better scouring +two quest set during other war scenarios mentioned in the appendix (dale etc..)

what would we pay for THAT?

That sounds super awesome. I'll take any shire time but that especially rocks.

8 hours ago, Halberto said:

Or even better scouring +two quest set during other war scenarios mentioned in the appendix (dale etc..)

what would we pay for THAT?

I would totally pay for this! We've already got the destruction of Dol Guldor. 

So maybe Scouring of the Shire, Battle of Erebor (Dale and Dwarves vs. Easterlings). The third one is the hard one to determine, though. I'd lean towards the liberation of Cair Andros. We could see the assault on the Greenwood, The Battle of Pelargir (before Aragorn's arrival), the assault of Cair Andros (seems unlikely because of the scenario in Heirs if Numenor). Any others I'm missing?

I've been wanting those "War of the Rings" Saga Expansion for ages.

I really don't know what's holding them back at this point. Those would sell like ****.