Sign in to follow this  
Bucknife

Outmanuever VS Rz2 Awings

RAW, shouldn't  every single shot against  an RZ2 proc Outmanuever?

The RZ-2 A-Wing has no printed arcs on its baseplate, and I'm currently unaware of any rule regarding turret facings creating an actual "firing arc".

Thus, every incoming  shot is "outside " of its arc. 

Am I off on this one? 

How does this relate to Outmanuever VS Remotes with no arcs? Does the talent ALWAYS proc or NEVER proc?

Posted (edited)

Turret arcs are arcs as are primary weapons added by upgrades (currently only the Moldy Crow title and the VCX100 Tail Gun ability). Cannons and ordnance are not.

The latest rules reference gives a ruling for a vessel with no arcs at all. Can't recall offhand what it was tho.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Turret arcs are arcs as are primary weapons added by upgrades (currently only the Moldy Crow title). Cannons and ordnance are not.

The latest rules reference gives a ruling for a vessel with no arcs at all. Can't recall offhand what it was tho.

Capture.jpg

Edited by meffo

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

RAW, shouldn't  every single shot against  an RZ2 proc Outmanuever?

The RZ-2 A-Wing has no printed arcs on its baseplate, and I'm currently unaware of any rule regarding turret facings creating an actual "firing arc".

Thus, every incoming  shot is "outside " of its arc. 

Am I off on this one? 

How does this relate to Outmanuever VS Remotes with no arcs? Does the talent ALWAYS proc or NEVER proc?

outmaneuver requires you to perform a (front arc) attack, but it also requires you to be outside of the firing arc of the defender. turret arcs are, for all intents and purposes, firing arcs.

Outmaneuver.png

Edited by meffo

11 hours ago, meffo said:

turret arcs are, for all intents and purposes, firing arcs.

Although it is worth noting that the RZ-2 doesn't have a 'default' forward firing arc.

So, unlike most ships out there, if the guns ain't facing forwards, it can be 'outmaneuvered' from in front.

Just now, Ravenhull said:

Reading the card again, RZ-2s also can’t utilize Outmaneuver to, if I remember the turret ruling, right? It’s turret pointed forward isn’t a front arc.

Correct, RZ2s cannot use Outmanoeuvre.  Nor can any ship without a front V arc (so, the Nantex won't be able to, and the YV666 and Auzituck can't either)

37 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Well, an RZ-2 can use Outmaneuver on missile attacks (other than Proton Rockets... those are Bullseye || instead of Front V attacks).  But that's almost surely never worth building.

Tell that to FFG and their Zari Bangel quickbuild with Proton Rockets and Outmaneuver 

2 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

Tell that to FFG and their Zari Bangel quickbuild with Proton Rockets and Outmaneuver 

Oh, that one is certainly a stinker.

I think I've seen the argument that Quickbuilds ought to function "as intended" rather than "as written," because as-written Outmaneuver does nothing in that build. :D

17 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

Reading the card again, RZ-2s also can’t utilize Outmaneuver to, if I remember the turret ruling, right? It’s turret pointed forward isn’t a front arc.

17 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Correct, RZ2s cannot use Outmanoeuvre.  Nor can any ship without a front V arc (so, the Nantex won't be able to, and the YV666 and Auzituck can't either)

I don't think that is 100% true. I believe it can use it *if* it has a secondary weapon with a front arc attack. So A-wings can equip rockets with a front arc, and while using that weapon, its possible to trigger Outmaneuver, as it doesn't require the Front arc attack to be a Primary weapon.  Likewise for YV-666 with Cannon's/Missiles. As for the Nantex, it looks like its coming with some kind of missile or torpedo secondary with a front arc, so likely true for that ship as well.

However, its not a very efficient use of it. 

10 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

I don't think that is 100% true. I believe it can use it *if* it has a secondary weapon with a front arc attack. So A-wings can equip rockets with a front arc, and while using that weapon, its possible to trigger Outmaneuver, as it doesn't require the Front arc attack to be a Primary weapon.  Likewise for YV-666 with Cannon's/Missiles. As for the Nantex, it looks like its coming with some kind of missile or torpedo secondary with a front arc, so likely true for that ship as well.

However, its not a very efficient use of it. 

Correct.  I was about to edit that in but the next poster confirmed it so I didn't feel the need.