Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Thrawn Treason, new novel July 23

So looking forward to this.  The original Thrawn novel was the best thing published in the new canon, and while Alliances wasn't great, it wasn't terrible either.  I'm not sure if this one will cover it or not, but I'd love to get Zahn to write the story of what happened to Thrawn, Ezra, and co after the end of Rebels.  

36 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

That was my understanding as well.  I'm hoping we'll get an epilogue that teases post-Rebels events.

I would be happy if they just elaborated on the Grysk some more, as I'm sure this book in general will, but they leave that open.   

Just so we can have a show that has Ezra and Thrawn trekking back to civilized space being chased in a battlestar galactica-esque convoy by some unknown enemy (reimagined Yuuzhan Vong - but done right), or even said Grysk.  I mean if I'm going to dream, I might as well.   Star Wars is being opened up for new types of stories, and Ezra as a skywalker (the chiss name for force users, not the bloodline) being required of Thrawn to get back could have lots of interesting drama.    Thrawn and Ezra dislike each other, but having to work together.   Having a star destroyer being harassed constantly and using all resources (Thrawn had Defenders or at least the plans, so could create the clawcraft) is all kinds of interesting.   It also scratches an itch of having compelling imperial characters without any direct morality.   Also, Ezra’s influence on the imperial crew, as well as the imperial doctrine breaking down has good potential drama as well.

42 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I believe the novel is set during Season 4, between Jedi Night and Family Reunion & Farewell.

I believe that is so.   There were, I think, two times that Thrawn was absent from Rebels since being introduced, and they are coinciding with the novels. 

Posted (edited)

So some legion theorizing - Could the Chiss ascendancy and the Grysk make viable factions?   Currently there is not enough info to go on, but it is possible.   

The grysk did utilize the darshi, so we have several different alien sculpts already.   I'm sure the chiss have a variety of weapons.  

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions.

When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.

To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.

We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.

11 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So some legion theorizing - Could the Chiss ascendancy and the Grysk make viable factions?   Currently there is not enough info to go on, but it is possible.   

The grysk did utilize the darshi, so we have several different alien sculpts already.   I'm sure the chiss have a variety of weapons.  

The chiss maybe if they use some legends material but the grysk we don't have near enough.

14 hours ago, chr335 said:

The chiss maybe if they use some legends material but the grysk we don't have near enough.

All you need for a Legion faction is a corps and commander expansion which when used in quantities of 1-2 and 3-6 respectively can total 800 points. All else is a luxury. Pretty much anything in the history of the franchise can be a Legion army. 

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

All you need for a Legion faction is a corps and commander expansion which when used in quantities of 1-2 and 3-6 respectively can total 800 points. All else is a luxury. Pretty much anything in the history of the franchise can be a Legion army. 

I know I would love to have some ‘one-off’ boxed sets that had a full army.  Things like the witches of Dathomir that don't really fit any faction well would be good choices.   

37 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Now you’re just trolling me, specifically, aren’t you?

I'm really not.  I genuinely would love some stand alone boxed sets of either some of the stranger factions - like nightsisters, or even criminal gangs that don't fit into the Empire, Rebellion, CIS, Republic, Resistance or First Order.  

Just now, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm really not.  I genuinely would love some stand alone boxed sets of either some of the stranger factions - like nightsisters, or even criminal gangs that don't fit into the Empire, Rebellion, CIS, Republic, Resistance or First Order.  

It was the witches on Rancors, not Jar-Jar or midichlorians, that got me to raise the black flag on SW canon. 

17 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

It was the witches on Rancors, not Jar-Jar or midichlorians, that got me to raise the black flag on SW canon. 

I'll never understand how that, of everything in either canon, was what caused you to say "nope."  It's far from the worst thing that's been done, and creates for some cool imagery.  

latest?cb=20150722050305

27 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I'll never understand how that, of everything in either canon, was what caused you to say "nope."  It's far from the worst thing that's been done, and creates for some cool imagery.  

And yet, it was. If they’ll license someone who comes up with that, then they don’t care about anything except whether or not the check clears. 

55 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

3spb68gbjha31.jpg

Admiral Ar’alani and Eli Vanto released by Del Rey! Comes as a poster from the Barnes & Noble edition of Thrawn: Treason.

I like the art, but listening to that excerpt was painful..  the female voices and Eli’s southern drawl..  shudder.    

What I really want to see is some Chiss vehicles and weapons!  Come on Chiss Factions (even an imperial subfaction) for the games!