Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Thrawn Treason, new novel July 23

On 7/21/2019 at 3:51 AM, ISD Avenger said:

I didn’t love the second new book either. The time jump back and forth got a bit irritating and the whole chiss Skywalkers thing was a bit hokey.

I find most of the anakin prequel stuff to be more and more hard to deal with from a story telling viewpoint, i just don't like the character. The "modern/current" time stuff was fine with vader and thrawn but the Grysk are irritating the **** out of me for some reason. They feel like they're there to fill the void the Vong left and I get that people don't like the Vong but man do i have trouble giving a **** about the Grysk. 

Finished the book, Thrawn felt a bit hokey overall in this one (that last ship to ship combat really bugged me) but it's still a high C low B in my mind. I'm a little sad that neither of the sequels were as good as "Thrawn" was which I felt was a  worthy successor to the Heir to the Empire series. 

A few suggestions after I read the final book.

If you are a fan of original Thrawn from Heir to the Empire Series, I recommend for you to read this new trilogy with caution, Thrawn's brilliance is turned into a gimmick. 

If you are a fan of Rebels Thrawn, I would recommend you to read Heir to the Empire series first and then decide to continue to new trilogy.

If you are a fan of Rebels Thrawn and do not want to venture in Legends area, then you can read these books. Just a quick warning, even if the circumstances are a bit different, the way Rebels Thrawn character is portrayed, it is very close to original books rather this new trilogy.

Anyway, even after reading this new trilogy, I still love Thrawn and a blue heart to show it 💙💙💙💙💙

On 7/26/2019 at 9:12 AM, LordCola said:

Also this is potentially very big:

We learn that at least some of the ships that disappear into hyperspace at the finale of Rebels return to the Empire.

Now this is not stated anywhere out right but if you puzzle several canon sources together you can conclude that. In Thrawn: Treason we are told that Captain Pellaeon commands the ISD Harbinger and that he and the ship join Thrawn for the finale of Rebels. This is where Thrawn and all his ISDs, including the Harbinger, disappear into Hyperspace. Never to heard of again. Except for the canon comic book "Star Wars Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger" where Luke, Leia and the crew capture the ISD Harbinger. The finale of Rebels takes place before ANH and Star Wars Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger takes place after ANH. So somewhere in-between the Harbinger must return to the Empire. [\spoiler]

PS: how do you use the spoiler tag? It is no in the text formatting menu. 

Except, only the Chimaera was pulled into hyperspace, the rest of the Imperial fleet was either damaged by the Purrgil or forced to move out of formation to avoid being damaged.

So it's very likely that the ship in Thrawn: Treason is the same Harbinger as the one in Last Flight of the Harbinger.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Admael said:

Except, only the Chimaera was pulled into hyperspace, the rest of the Imperial fleet was either damaged by the Purrgil or forced to move out of formation to avoid being damaged.

No. The line in Rebels is "They [the purrgils] destroyed the blockade. Our ships are just gone". Implying that several ships have been taken away into hyperspace by the purrgils. 

Edited by LordCola

19 hours ago, LordCola said:

No. The line in Rebels is "They [the purrgils] destroyed the blockade. Our ships are just gone". Implying that several ships have been taken away into hyperspace by the purrgils. 

And then Thrawn's next line is "Get Captain Pellaeon." who responds, this implies that the "Our ships are just gone" is a hyperbolic way of saying they've been destroyed, not that all of their ships were pulled by the Purrgils into hyperspace. The only ISD we see pulled into hyperspace by the Purrgils is the Chimaera.

28 minutes ago, Admael said:

And then Thrawn's next line is "Get Captain Pellaeon." who responds, this implies that the "Our ships are just gone" is a hyperbolic way of saying they've been destroyed, not that all of their ships were pulled by the Purrgils into hyperspace. The only ISD we see pulled into hyperspace by the Purrgils is the Chimaera.

Well, you are right. We only see the Chimaera get taken away. Though to me the language used extremely strongly implies that more ships disappeared. However Wookieepedia agrees with you. But they also just source the episode for that claim which is open to interpretation in my opinion.

Ultimately we will have to wait for an update on Thrawns situation post Rebels but I think it is very unlikely that Dave Filoni would introduce Captain Pellaeon into canon only to have him immediately be separated from Thrawn. I think it is extremely likely that wherever Thrawn is post Rebels Gilad Pellaeon is too and with him the ISD Harbinger.