Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Thrawn Treason, new novel July 23

I have the 2nd book on reserve at the library now that I have time to read again (at least that's what I tell myself). I loved the first one, so I'm very much looking forward to the next two!

On 6/19/2019 at 3:50 PM, Parakitor said:

I have the 2nd book on reserve at the library now that I have time to read again (at least that's what I tell myself). I loved the first one, so I'm very much looking forward to the next two!

The first is excellent. The second... not so much.

2 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

Interesting. I think the first is mediocre, and the second a bit better.

I found Thrawn's presence in Thrawn: Alliances very weak. It's almost like Thrawn was added to the story as an afterthought.

Had a chance to talk to Zahn for a few minutes at Pensacon.  He said that the first novel covered several years.  They second, a few weeks.  This one, a few days.  He predicts that the 4th novel will cover a late afternoon.

And the book covers why he wasn’t around those few episodes before the finale of Rebels.

Minor spoilers for the novel  

Several ships from the Expanded Universe are made Canon by this novel. 

The Steadfast in the novel is a Chiss Ascendancy ship and not one of Imperial design.  It’s the same ship depicted in the epilogue of comic adaptation of the first novel. 

It’s Canon again that there are twelve Grand Admirals in The Empire.  

With this book,   a Moff I named for West End Games becomes Disney Canon.   Same name, but he is a now a she.   😂   She is still controls the same Sector. 

Grand Moff Tarkin, Director Krennic and Captain Pellaeon have roles in this novel. 

The final scene in the book leads to the Rebels series finale but not past that in the timeline.

11 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Minor spoilers for the novel  

Several ships from the Expanded Universe are made Canon by this novel. 

Any words of the Gunboat? I'm still waiting for Thrawn to appear piloting it. ;)

17 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Alas no, we have seen some of these in Rebels,   the VCX-200 Light Freighter (newer model I would surmise), YT-2400 Light Freighter,  Allanar N3 Light Freighter, and of course the TIE Defender. 

I'm not familiar with the VCX-200... but I just found that the YT-2000 is now canon. Nice!

I finished it a couple days ago. It was alright. Not great, but worth my time. 

But _wow_ does Thrawn have a bad case of DM PC going on. He's always had at least some of that when Zhan writes him, but in this book it's amped up to 11. 

Plus also: every else is really dumb.