Sign in to follow this  
Tyhar7

Nodin Chavdri

Posted (edited)

swz45_nodin-chavdri.png

So have question about what classifies and being "coordinated".  Does it trigger on the action of being chosen or on the success of the action? If you fail the coordinated action are you still classed as being coordinated? 

In a scenario where Nodin is coordinated by another ship to conducted a coordinate action how would this resolve? Would he be chosen, coordinate someone else, gain stress and then get 2 red actions that can ignore stress? 

or 

Is being chosen the trigger, the red action get resolved first causing the stress, preventing you from carrying out the coordinated coordinate action?

Edited by Tyhar7

I don't think the precise timing actually matters for the stress-accumulation. Assuming that Nodin has no stress to start, you'll get a total of three stress (one from Nodin's outbound Coordinate, one for performing an action for performing the outbound Coordinate, one for receiving an inbound Coordinate). This means that while Nodin is attempting to perform the actions, they will have two (or fewer) stress tokens, only gaining the third after their final action.

As for timings: I feel that in this case the timing window is the same. It forms an ugly chain, mind, which looks like this:

Friendly Ship A selects Nodin as target for their Coordinate action> Nodin resolves friendly coordinate by performing a red Coordinate> Friendly Ship ? performs an action> Simultaneously, Friendly Ship A and Nodin have completed their Coordinate actions (Nodin has been coordinated, and has completed a Coordinate action)> Nodin has two opportunities to resolve their ability.

(If anyone can see a hole in my reasoning, please let me know, because this seems utterly mad in a way which excites me too much).

Posted (edited)

I think "After you are coordinated" would trigger after Nodin attempts to perform an action (success or fail).  If Nodin is unstressed, you could coordinate Nodin, he then coordinates another ship which would trigger his ability twice at the same time.  Even though the ability was triggered twice simultaneously, it should still satisfy once per opportunity since it was two different effects that triggered it.  He would then get another red action leaving him with 2 stress and allowing for a third red action and that third stress token.

Coordinate Nodin -> Nodin Coordinates (1 stress) -> Nodin performs first red action (2 stress) -> Nodin performs second red action. (3 stress)

Though you could coordinate Nodin, he performs a focus or lock action and then uses his ability to perform a red coordinate giving him another red action and leaving him with 2 stress afterwards.

Coordinate Nodin -> Nodin performs 1 white action -> Nodin coordinates (1 stress) -> Nodin performs second red action. (2 stress)

Also, one thing to take note of is that a coordinate only fails if there are no ships in range.  It does not fail if you select a ship which cannot perform actions (either it has already performed every action or it is stressed) which means you could coordinate Nodin while he is stressed and he will still trigger his ability allowing a red action after not performing the action he was coordinated.

Edited by joeshmoe554

On further reflection of the madness that this could open up; do you gain a stress token at the start of performing a red action (Declare red action>gain stress>resolve action) or at the end (Declare red action>resolve action>gain stress)?

I ask, as Resistance C-3P0 could have some fun with Nodin if it is the latter. I strongly suspect it is not this, but I wish to confirm before I go mad (and drown in Calculate tokens).

2 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

Does it trigger on the action of being chosen or on the success of the action?

"After you coordinate" triggers after the action. 

A coordinating ship is a ship that is attempting to coordinate by performing the following steps:
1. Measure range from the coordinating ship to any friendly ships.
2. Choose another friendly ship at range 1–2.
3. The chosen ship performs one action

So after step 3, is the window for "after you coordinate".

2 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

If you fail the coordinated action are you still classed as being coordinated? 

Yes. 

If the chosen ship attempts to perform an action but that action fails, the coordinate does not fail.

Posted (edited)

Okay so that being the case, you could run Nodin with Angled deflectors and Korr Sella. In addition with another Transport with Tac officer.

Move Nodin at Ini 2, Reinforce as an action.

Move second transport Coordinate Nodin.

Nodin does the Coordinate action back to the second transport. It focuses. Nodin gains 1 stress.

Then activate the first action from being coordinated. Red focus. (2 stress)

Second action from Coordinating the 2nd transport. Red target lock. (3 stress).

You’re now double modded with a Reinforce and 3 stress.

Do a blue move next turn, Korr clears all stress. 

Repeat.

Edited by Tyhar7