Sign in to follow this  
GILLIES291

Favorite Mono-sphere Heroes Fellowship

Who is everyone's favourite mono-sphere three hero lineup? Not necessarily the strongest, but the ones you are enjoying the most right now. And why? Feel free to post one for each sphere or just the ones you are playing or have had fun with in the past.

For me:

Mono Tactics: 

Boromir, Eowyn, Theoden 

Questing for 10 out of the gate, with a decently low start threat. Mulligan for Gondorian Shield and/or Captain of Gondor. You can quest hard and still have Boromir able to ready and deal with any surprises. Once you start piling on Support of the Eagles and some flying friends things really get going. 

I'm also trying to find a companion for Grima and Damrod to summon the forest Ents with.

Edited by GILLIES291

1 hour ago, GILLIES291 said:

Mono Tactics: 

Boromir, Eowyn, Theodred

You misspelled Théoden by quite a bit ;) 

I like my mono leadership Gondor deck (Denethor, Boromir, Faramir). It's a bit like a weak dwarf deck, but fun non the less. Ofc it gets destroyed by AoE damage and shadow cards that punish chumping. Sadly I think it is better to swap Faramir for Balin or Sam, but that makes it less thematic.

In multiplayer it was very fun to bring a full blown murder-tactics deck. It ran Beregond, Legolas and Bard. Had a ton of Weapons and ranged allies and a few defenders. Sure it didn't help with questing, threat or location-management at all, but enemies didn't stand a chance. A variation swapping Bard for Brand (yes this hero you got in hills of emyn muil) was also fun, getting another use out of a pumped up treebeard.

Leadership: Dain, Balin, Thorin

High starting threat but once you get a couple of allies out, it can both quest and fight using Dain’s and Thorin’s abilities.

Spirit: Arwen, Cirdan, Glofindel

Start with 10 quest and one of the better non-lore decks with card draw.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, TXCanuck said:

Leadership: Dain, Balin, Thorin

High starting threat but once you get a couple of allies out, it can both quest and fight using Dain’s and Thorin’s abilities.

Spirit: Arwen, Cirdan, Glofindel

Start with 10 quest and one of the better non-lore decks with card draw.

Those are some awesome decks! I especially like your Spirit one. Great theme on both too.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, GILLIES291 said:

Those are some awesome decks! I especially like your Spirit one. Great theme on both too.

I do really like the Spirit Deck.  Get a Silver harp to keep the extra card from Cirdan, be able to cycle a couple of Elven lights (and get money to boot from Arwen) and you have a good little card draw engine going.  The deck is not going to win any combat heavy quests by itself but it is a good compliment to a focused Tactics deck.

We have a 4 players all Mono-Sphere Fellowship built around a Gondor swarm supported by Noldor and traps, and we are using it to beat all the quests of the game (and are nearly there):

Leadership - Boromir, Aragorn, Theodred

Tactics - Mablung, Legolas, Beregond

Spirit - Eleanor, Arwen, Glorfindel

Lore - Faramir, Damrod, Elrond (no Vilya)

6 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

That is super cool! And Elrond without Vilya? What does that look like? Haha. But that is a very thematic team there.

We have a lot of healing effects spread around the decks so Elrond's passive boost to healing is a huge boon to the Fellowship, often allowing us to take undefended attacks with less lasting effects, plus Elrond has really good stats and is a good secondary defender (especially with Burning Brand, even post errata) if Beregond is too busy (which even with a load of readying effects often happens). Other than that it's helpful to have a target in the mono Lore deck for Arwen's ability (Lore is always hungry for resources) and being able to play Lembas.

Edited by Alonewolf87

19 hours ago, Alonewolf87 said:

We have a lot of healing effects spread around the decks so Elrond's passive boost to healing is a huge boon to the Fellowship, often allowing us to take undefended attacks with less lasting effects, plus Elrond has really good stats and is a good secondary defender (especially with Burning Brand, even post errata) if Beregond is too busy (which even with a load of readying effects often happens). Other than that it's helpful to have a target in the mono Lore deck for Arwen's ability (Lore is always hungry for resources) and being able to play Lembas.

But I just mean why not bring his super strong ring in? Haha. All sound reasons though and he rocks, being able to pay for all colored allies is great too

6 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

But I just mean why not bring his super strong ring in? Haha. All sound reasons though and he rocks, being able to pay for all colored allies is great too

Because I more often than not I would rather use his action to quest or defend (Light of Valinor is spoken for SpGlorfindel and all the other action advantage cards tend to end up on Beregond) than to use his ring to blindly play a card which quite often would have cost only 1 or 2 resources (there are some 3/4/5 cards in the deck but like only 6 in total). Sure I could start putting in more costly allies, more action advantage, the Stargazer and other ways to arrange my deck, but then instead of an healing/trap deck it would become a Vilya deck and I don't really like that idea since I would have to cut out most of the utility cards that make Lore so fun to play. And sure playing off sphere allies can be great, but since we already have three other mono sphere decks most of the good cards are already there and quite easier to play than through Elrond's resource pool/Vilya