Ric Olié (42)
Juke (7)
R2-A6 (6)
Plasma Torpedoes (9)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Sense (5)
Delta-7B (19)

Total: 199

Skip the torrent, use Sense to help Ricky Bobby and Orphan Annie get their torps lined up.  

19 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

My first thought is to make it work with Luminara, since she can **** with your opponent's red dice.  If she uses her ability when the opponent already has at least 1 focus result, it essentially deletes the attack die.  CLT with R2s on everyone.  A droid only on Padme, but 7B Lumi.  Maybe Juke, but it's pretty expensive, so maybe just Crack Shot or such.

That could be unduly annoying.

(I'll get my coat)

But yes, pairing her up with Padme could be very frustrating. It's not quite Fenn/Sensor Jammer, but it's close.

Nicely, she's one of the pilots in the expansion, not the squadron box, so if I was interested in breaking a 'pure' N-1 squadron, I don't need to shell out for Guardians Of The Republic.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

In effect, kinda.  But the nice thing about it is that it's limited to two force charges.

Indeed.

Which makes it a good answer to relatively small ace-heavy lists, but doesn't punish an entire 4+ ship squad if they all manage to line up on you like Carnor Jax/Sensor Jammer could. And even the small-ace-heavy lists have an answer, because pilots like Soontir and Anakin are going to try to bullseye you anyway, which (if they manage it) turns Unduli's ability off.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

Indeed.

Which makes it a good answer to relatively small ace-heavy lists, but doesn't punish an entire 4+ ship squad if they all manage to line up on you like Carnor Jax/Sensor Jammer could. And even the small-ace-heavy lists have an answer, because pilots like Soontir and Anakin are going to try to bullseye you anyway, which (if they manage it) turns Unduli's ability off.

So I've been playing a bunch of Padme/Lumi, and I've found that they work super well against lists that have high degrees of mods (aces) and also super low levels of mods. Where they fall apart is on lists that don't really care about mods. So low agility ships, or throwing large amounts of red dice. Also ships that prefer to lock over focus.

I run Ani/Mace/Ric and they do OK against Cassian/Braylen/Wedge/Dutch.  Ani & Mace are end game pieces.  Ric eventually goes too fast and gets caught in a killbox.  If you can make Ric last 4-5 rounds of fire you're doing good.  His ability is pretty good.

10 hours ago, pakirby said:

I run Ani/Mace/Ric and they do OK against Cassian/Braylen/Wedge/Dutch.  Ani & Mace are end game pieces.  Ric eventually goes too fast and gets caught in a killbox.  If you can make Ric last 4-5 rounds of fire you're doing good.  His ability is pretty good.

Yeah. I see him as a Republic equivalent of "Duchess" or "Midnight" - a 'pocket ace' who's really, really good for his points but 'good for his points' shouldn't be mistaken for 'absolutely good'.

If you can stay fast, he's a focus/evade-ing TIE interceptor like a 1.0 Push The Limit Royal Guard, albeit nailed to speed 3 banks and turns instead of speed 2 ones. Throw on an R2 astromech and he takes some serious killing (and going that speed means he tends to hit-and-run anyway, giving natural break points to repair shields).

5 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Yeah. I see him as a Republic equivalent of "Duchess" or "Midnight" - a 'pocket ace' who's really, really good for his points but 'good for his points' shouldn't be mistaken for 'absolutely good'.

If you can stay fast, he's a focus/evade-ing TIE interceptor like a 1.0 Push The Limit Royal Guard, albeit nailed to speed 3 banks and turns instead of speed 2 ones. Throw on an R2 astromech and he takes some serious killing (and going that speed means he tends to hit-and-run anyway, giving natural break points to repair shields).

Yep.  And for the love of god don’t try to joust with Ric.  He doesn’t like multiple shots on him.  “I only flank, mate!  if you are looking for a jouster get a jedi knight!”

Edited by pakirby

I have flown 3 N1s 20+ times in local tournaments and this is the list I tweaked over those games.

Obi Wan, CLT- 51

Ric-42

Padme-45

Lil' Ani (Anakin Skywalker), Col Detector, Trick shot, and Plasma Torps- 60 (Yes this list requires Asteroids)

*point total-198

Historically this is my favorite ship from both the movies and Rouge Squadron on the N64. That being said with their stats/dial/point cost I can only ever justify putting 3 on the table at a time. Their action economy and dial find a hard time taking advantage of upgrades since the ship's base stats making most what you put on them situational and in most games you will hardly utilize the points spent.

Upgrades that pull weight:

R2 Astro, Only 4 points on a fast movie ship that can earn double mods easily

Collision Detector, especially if you are leaning heavily on obtaining that free evade action (using Juke EPT/R2-C4) or how I have Anakin built above

Torps: Plasma (can opener), Advance Proton (when you go, too fast), and Proton (Who has that kind of money?) give the N1s the teeth they want. I put em on if it fits the squad

Other upgrades like Trick Shot (Anakin) or Daredevil (Padme) are pilot specific IMO 

***If I were to only table 3 N1s...

Ric: 63 points

R2-C4, Plasma Torps, Collision Detector, Crackshot

Anakin: 68

Trick Shot, Collision Detector, Proton Torps, R2 Astro

Padme: 67 (60 with Adv. Pro Torp)

Fire Control System, Proton Torps (Adv. Pro Torp for you bidders out there), Daredevil (consider Juke ONLY on Padme), R2 Astro

Squad Point total: 198 (191 with Padme's Adv. Pro Torp [195 swapping Daredevil for Juke])

-Competitively I believe these ships cater to the "filler" role  to Republic Ace lists (Ani, Obi in 7B with either Ric/Padme).

Only Pilots I have not tried on the N1s would be the Handmaidens and generic Bravo Flight Officers, I have a couple ideas but more experimental and fun than competitive. My next project....

Edited by Glattyator

5N1s

(42) Ric Olié [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(1) Crack Shot
(4) R2 Astromech

(41) Anakin Skywalker [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(6) Ion Torpedoes
(1) Crack Shot
(3) R3 Astromech

(34) Bravo Flight Officer [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]

Total points: 200

Has anyone tried this;

Padme + 2 Handmaidens

Anakin + CLT

It comes in a 200 exactly so no droid or bid for Anakin but seems like it could work in the right players hands; which pilot would you put "Decoyed" on?