Sign in to follow this  
Green Raven

locked weapons and upgrades

Locked...so far

Ffg is taking its sweet time with those card packs, though

Granted is isn't any different from first Ed paysall nonsense, but we WERE promised cardpacks and ffg has made sure we wouldn't have to repurchase conversion kit ships we already own for new stuff (not counting swanky new paint schenes, ofc)

16 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Locked...so far

Granted is isn't any different from first Ed paysall nonsense, but we WERE promised cardpacks and ffg has made sure we wouldn't have to repurchase conversion kit ships we already own for new stuff (not counting swanky new paint schenes, ofc)

Hoping for a Card Pack announcement at GenCon. 

34 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Locked...so far

I wouldn't say we were promised card packs. The closest they got to saying X-Wing is getting card packs is that they would like to do card packs in all their games. They did, however, promise that people wouldn't have to buy out of faction, for the now 7 factions, in order to get upgrades. That promise so far is a lie. Even if they eventually release generic upgrades to all factions but it takes years I would still count that as a lie because realistically nobody is going to wait years for a generic to come to their faction.

44 minutes ago, freakyg3 said:

What cards are locked out of faction so far? I can only think of

O-O-O

moldy crow

spare parts canisters

gas clouds

composure

Wave IV added a lot- Diamond Boron Missiles, Plasma Torpedo, electro-proton bomb, autoblaster, and angled deflectors. And I might be forgetting one.

4 hours ago, Green Raven said:

Kind of upset to see Autoblasters and Angled Deflectors locked behind a Resistance Transport paywall.

I dont have a better idea, but it still bugs me...

In virtually any game with serial releases there are going to be packs with only a few cards/pieces you want. 

Many solutions: proxy, buy off secondary market, sell ship on secondary marker, wait, go in in together with a friend, etc.

Or what you could do is go play SW Destiny for two years then you'll never feel bad about x-wing prices again :P

You will just have to wait until stuff is released in your faction, we have known this since before second edition was released.

You will get the cards in your faction, but you many have to wait a while before a ship that can use them is released. We were never promised card packs, we were never promised a simultaneous release of all new upgrades for all factions. All we were told was that each faction will get all the upgrades that it can use eventually. 

How is this still a shock to people?

Posted (edited)

Stop thinking of it as a "paywall" and think of it as "support for your hobby."

Or, use an online builder where you have infinite copies of everything.

4 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

realistically nobody is going to wait years

Ahem.

Epic.

Still waiting.

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Moldy Crow (Scum) and Barrage Rockets (Rebels) are the only ones now from the original conversion kits that are not available in-faction, as of w4 dropping.

bUt muH K-WiNgS!!!111

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Stop thinking of it as a "paywall" and think of it as "support for your hobby."

Or, use an online builder where you have infinite copies of everything.

Ahem.

Epic.

Still waiting.

Meanie, I don't agree with everything you say, but I am so looking forward to the day where that dead horse named "Epic play" you've been beating since day 1 of 2.0 springs back to life, jumps the fence and runs wild and hopefully tramples someone holding a sign that reads "No one cares about Epic".

-glances at his epic ships on the shelf- Soon, my babies, soon...

Back to the topic at hand, no upgrade is faction locked unless it literally says "insert faction here" only. Paywalled? Nah. Just suffering from a non-synchronous release schedule. Is it taking longer than others? Sure... but again, we're ONLY on Wave 4! (well... technically 3, but 4 soon) it'll happen. Patience.

2 minutes ago, AgentoftheEmpire said:

And thus the salt flows. Definitely not representative of everyone present, but the way some sound, you would think FFG kicked their dog. 

Let's hope it isn't John Wick... he, uh... he doesn't handle that kind of thing well...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Meanie, I don't agree with everything you say, but I am so looking forward to the day where that dead horse named "Epic play" you've been beating since day 1 of 2.0 springs back to life, jumps the fence and runs wild and hopefully tramples someone holding a sign that reads "No one cares about Epic".

Yeah, won't that be amazeballs.

Luckily, your crazed zombie epic pony will have killed someone else.

My sign says "I ❤ Epic."

Edited by Darth Meanie

2 hours ago, AgentoftheEmpire said:

And thus the salt flows. Definitely not representative of everyone present, but the way some sound, you would think FFG kicked their dog. 

I know. How dare they make more content for a game?

I wish they had put new content into the reprints of the old models rather than conversion kit only material, but I get it I guess. I was pretty salty that the game ended at wave 2 without buying new factions, but I got over it and started trying some. And I was more salty about no new models, not the “hey I have no way to get this card”

8 hours ago, drail14me said:

Hoping for a Card Pack announcement at GenCon. 

Don’t hold your breath. The only reason Legion card pack is a thing is to help the new players starting off with Clone Wars, because if you bought “your things” for a faction you’d already have almost all the cards in plenty of quantity. There’s a few that you can benefit from in that card pack as a veteran player, but not really.

This Legion card pack is more comparable to all the generic cards injected into the big squadron starter packs for the Clone Wars factions

5 hours ago, Icelom said:

You will just have to wait until stuff is released in your faction, we have known this since before second edition was released.

You will get the cards in your faction, but you many have to wait a while before a ship that can use them is released. We were never promised card packs, we were never promised a simultaneous release of all new upgrades for all factions. All we were told was that each faction will get all the upgrades that it can use eventually. 

How is this still a shock to people?

Thank you for putting that so eloquently, I don’t like it, but I accepted quite awhile back that this is the way it is.

Luckily I dabble in FO and Republic so I’m only semi locked. 

13 hours ago, XPav said:

In the VT-49 Decimator pack, along with BT-1.

Not great for converted players who already have a Deci, especially since the Deci is priced pretty **** close to a Scum CK...