Arkanta974

Rebellion Reborn - Preview the Resistance Transport

4 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

A nice support ship, I can't wait to play with a mini swarm of A-Wing along them. Finally more droids for c3-po.

Might work well with Han, too

One player I know dislikes (Resistance) Han's ability largely because it means the YT-1300 ends up on its own and gets whomped by the rest of the enemy squad before the remainder of your forces can link up. If GA-97 isn't too expensive, putting him in the back seat means one other ship can come in from whatever board edge is best suited to support the Falcon.

You have to last 2 turns, but that's still arguably better than trekking across the board from a 'normal' deployment.

Somehow I’d missed that Leia crew has no range restriction on the Kanan ability... when people said her version was better I just assumed they meant because she can also make red maneuvers white. Eesh. I get why somebody suggested she needs to be around 20, now.

"Leia Organa removes the drawbacks from Resistance Transport Pilot Cova Nell’s ability, allowing her to roll an additional die while defending or performing a primary attack without gaining the stress token from her revealed red maneuver." 

Doesn't this contradict the new ruling regarding revealed maneuvers? Since her revealed maneuver becomes white cova nell shouldn't be able to roll additional dice

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Harlaan said:

"Leia Organa removes the drawbacks from Resistance Transport Pilot Cova Nell’s ability, allowing her to roll an additional die while defending or performing a primary attack without gaining the stress token from her revealed red maneuver." 

Doesn't this contradict the new ruling regarding revealed maneuvers? Since her revealed maneuver becomes white cova nell shouldn't be able to roll additional dice

The 'revealed maneuver' is literally whatever is on your dial. Leia reduces the difficulty while you are executing the maneuver, but she doesn't physically alter the dial, so Cova's revealed maneuver is still red.

Edited by Maui.

25 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Might work well with Han, too

One player I know dislikes (Resistance) Han's ability largely because it means the YT-1300 ends up on its own and gets whomped by the rest of the enemy squad before the remainder of your forces can link up. If GA-97 isn't too expensive, putting him in the back seat means one other ship can come in from whatever board edge is best suited to support the Falcon.

You have to last 2 turns, but that's still arguably better than trekking across the board from a 'normal' deployment.

And now Lieutenant Dormitz will be useful against this pitiful Resistance ! :P

6 minutes ago, Harlaan said:

No, and this is how I understand it: 

Obviously FFG intended for Leia to work with Cova. 

Based on the clarification of what revealed maneuver is in Rules Reference 1.04, Cova's ability happens outside of the ship's activation. So the scenario I see is this: Cova reveals red during activation, Leia reduces difficulty to white during activation, now in engagement phase the maneuver that was revealed is red because it "is the maneuver selected on its dial". 

39 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Wonder how much Leia will cost. Sticking her on Rey's Falcon seems pretty strong

I already have plans, big plans, for Rey equipped with Leia and Finn as well as Nodin.  The Transport has shifted from a "sure, I'll get it" to first purchase of wave IV.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm missed that Holdo was during her carrier's engagement, makes her weaker than I had anticipated and basically kills reinforce transferring

Probably for the better, though, as start of engagement Holdo would've curb stomped Vader out of the game 

Her sheer flexibility still hold(o)s my interest, though. Just gotta work harder to find combos (and probably leverage her ability to take tokens from friendlies a little more) 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Her sheer flexibility still hold(o)s my interest, though. Just gotta work harder to find combos (and probably leverage her ability to take tokens from friendlies a little more) 

I was thinking more about how to use the ability to siphon off bad tokens from a friend than dealing with giving that friend a boost. Such as a ship that can better manage the extra stress.

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Hmmm missed that Holdo was during her carrier's engagement, makes her weaker than I had anticipated and basically kills reinforce transferring

Probably for the better, though, as start of engagement Holdo would've curb stomped Vader out of the game 

At first glance, she'll probably be used more for the pulling stress or negative effect tokens off of friendly more important ships in your list, but there could definitely be some wombo-combo that breaks something down the line...

Posted (edited)

Yeah, we're definitely looking more at Holdo taking friendly negative tokens when at low I

Though if you're flying all lower I, there will definitely be token swapping to get mods on the shots that count 

Or just tossing out a lock when you know your transport won't shoot

Plus you could surprise your opponent by tossing transport stress on an Awing. The tactical flexibility is exciting 

Edited by ficklegreendice

I have to confess that this silly oblong ship has helped spark my interest in starting to dabble with the Resistance. It’s not the only thing, but the options on offer here look pretty interesting.

Plus, the Scum Falcon’s two-for-one slide-out ship configuration is viscerally satisfying, so let’s do more of that.

I actually might have to get two of these things now so I can run one shuttle and one just the pod.  Vi Moradi seems like she could be a real pain to certain ships.

I guess there is no undocking mechanism for the pod right?  So you're either running one or the other, correct?

Some serious shenanigans going on, will be very interesting to see if FFG missed a stupid combo and need to emergency-correct some points.

What ship is Vi Moradi spying on on her pilot art?

4 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

I actually might have to get two of these things now so I can run one shuttle and one just the pod.  Vi Moradi seems like she could be a real pain to certain ships.

I guess there is no undocking mechanism for the pod right?  So you're either running one or the other, correct?

Correct, there is no dock/undock mechanic in play here.

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Might be able to work something with Angled Deflectors on Poe and Amilyn Holdo on Resistance Han. Poe can use his two actions to focus and reinforce, then Holdo can pass that token to Han at IN6.