Sign in to follow this  
Kaufschtick

Were those previews in the coming weeks, or was it the coming months?

kaufschtick said:

CoolStuff lists Fury of the Bear as being expected by "Winter 2011" now on my wishlist! sorpresa.gif

I sure hope that is not accurate information!llorando.gif

I hope that means it may still arrive by March.

But, I doubt that happens—it would have to be on the boat within the next 30 days for it to beat Winter 2011, or have a chance at beating the one year anniversary announcement. How sad is that?

This has now gone beyond the point where I want to poke fun at the delay. OK, maybe that's a lie… cool.gif

Bring on Fury of Da Bears!

blumax1981 said:

When, if at all, will we see it in 2011? Guesses? 

My guess is sometime between the one year anniversary of the announcement and GenCon. That gives them an entire four-month span to get it on the shelves, but FFG is fully capable of missing that mark.partido_risa.gif

Cyscott1 said:

I wonder what they want for the rights to it. They don't seem to have much intrest in finishing it.

I've said it here before—if FFG ever decides to drop TOI, someone in the community will step up, just like MMP did for ASL.

That's it, dang it! I'm tired of waiting, so I'm doing another issue of Wave of Steel! gran_risa.gif

Look for it on BGG, before FFG gets FotB on store shelves… lengua.gif

Aussie_Digger said:

Nice, I really enjoyed your last issue, What theater will you be visiting with the scenario?

Im working on a North African one atm (If you are interested in featuring scenarios from others) Not ready just yet though

I actually have two desert scenarios in the bag—one I'm definitely using, the other I'm not sure about at the moment. The one I'm not sure about is an SAS raid, and the one I'm definitely using is "Stuka Farm," inspired by an interview in one of my old WWII magazines. It's a nice little battle with the Brits and Germans.

I'd like to have at least three or four scenarios in this issue, so I'd be happy to take a look at yours once it's ready.

Sounds interesting. The one im working on is where a small group of tanks and inf are stranded due to running out of fuel and breakdowns during the Gazala campaign. Another group are attempting to re supply the panzers so that they can catch up to the rest of the force and break through a british outpost which is blocking the path. Also british long range patrols are opperating in the area. So lots to think about, for both sides.

BJaffe01 said:

AngelPark is the Stuka farm set in Tunisia or is it a different locality?

BJaffe01

Tunisia. I pulled my WWII mag out again—to gather my notes for the accompanying historical article—and it's actually a first-hand account, not an interview. Nice engagement that makes for a good scenario.

BJaffe01 said:

Yeah i've read a couple different accounts. sadly it could have accomplished more given some better intel.

BJaffe01

Yeah, it's an interesting scenario to me, for a couple of reasons: it's a fairly small scenario, which I prefer, and when the British wake up they're already on the losing end of things—or so it seems. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I like the system. Its a combined strategy deck with a little more controll. Spending command to get rid of a powerfull card from the enemy may be a nice thing to do. 

However, I also have a question: What if it is a card which for the specific situation is not needed? I mean, this will generally block the ability of the enemy to use the given deck for the enemy without paying 2 command just to get access to a given deck seems a bit steep.  However, if you at the same time actually take away a key german card 2 command is ok.  So are nation specific cards designed to be more powerfull?

An question regarding the elite reinforcements: what  if you include 0 elites. Does it cost 0 command? (I guess its ment atleast 1 elite...)

Now I'm waiting eagerly for news of a common artellery deck!

Good Lord! Another Preview!?! sorpresa.gif

I almost fell off my chair!

Not only another preview, but it opened with a statement of the game being on the boat, or shortly to be on the boat!?!

You've gotta watch that kind of stuff, FFG. You're going to cause someone to have a heart attack or something. Remember, most of us here waiting for this game are on life support by now, we're all in a frail condition. babeo.gif

You can't just go around slinging previews and shipping information at us all at once! Irresponsible actions like that are only going to cause people to start pre-ordering the game again. serio.gif 

I know a guy who has had this game on pre-order since the Clinton administration....when he was a Governor. gui%C3%B1o.gif

In the next preview i'd like to see the new German units and/or the new winter boards. Not that crazy about yet more cards, although nation specific ones could be nice. Not too crazy about the subversion rules just yet.

Great to finally have another preview though and the news that the game should be available shortly!

kaufschtick said:

Well, it's officially listed as "on the boat" now, that's great news.aplauso.gif

Hooray!

Well, it looks like it'll beat the anniversary of the original announcement, and I'm glad I was wrong about that prediction! gran_risa.gif

And, as an added bonus, it may arrive in time for my birthday! aplauso.gif

kaufschtick said:

Hopefully we'll see a few more previews now, maybe even once a week? babeo.gif

Good grief, man! You've only waited nine months for the thing to be put on a boat, what more do you want?! gran_risa.gif