FriendofYoda

Wave 4 - Barnes and Noble

Posted (edited)

Anyone with a VCX-100, how does the model's removable shuttle mechanism work? Does a full Shithapeed model pop out? And can you fit an attack shuttle in there?

Edited by Arttemis

17 minutes ago, Arttemis said:

Anyone with a VCX-100, how does the model's removable shuttle mechanism work? Does a full Shithapeed model pop out? And can you fit an attack shuttle in there?

Wave 5, not wave 4. The VCX reprint isn’t out yet.

29 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

I’m tempted to go to the local B&N and check but I would rather support my FLGS. Our previous store closed and we didn’t have one for a year. I don’t want that happening again so I buy everything there.

Same - I finally got a great relationship going with a LGS and a steady community is growing.

I put my preorder in for wave 4 with them, and I intend to wait it out for picking it up from them. I know it won’t keep their doors open for my $100 or so, but if everyone is doing that it helps.

I just had them add 2x N1s to my preorder of 2x Resistance transports. I have no reason to pick up the rereleases nor the droid

14 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Same - I finally got a great relationship going with a LGS and a steady community is growing.

I put my preorder in for wave 4 with them, and I intend to wait it out for picking it up from them. I know it won’t keep their doors open for my $100 or so, but if everyone is doing that it helps.

I hear people talking about ordering from amazon all the time and feel sorry for their local stores. I don’t care if I can save a few dollars elsewhere. Without the store there is no local community thus no reason to even buy the ships.

kudos to you for understanding that.

12 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

I hear people talking about ordering from amazon all the time and feel sorry for their local stores. I don’t care if I can save a few dollars elsewhere. Without the store there is no local community thus no reason to even buy the ships.

Not all of us have a LGS. Closest one I know of is an hour drive, and they only really deal in MTG and Pokemon...  I'm a bit rural.

5 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I just checked around my area and they’re listing none in stock. Is this geographically centered somewhere in the US?

You can buy online and save even more - 20% off (over $40) with code FATHERSDAY.  My FLGS stopped selling X-Wing right after the conversion kits - CCGs pay the bills in this college town, so no regrets here.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Not all of us have a LGS. Closest one I know of is an hour drive, and they only really deal in MTG and Pokemon...  I'm a bit rural.

And I think in that situation, it makes plenty of sense to buy on amazon or some other online retailer. I think if you’re not playing at a store or in a community (ie just family or friends), then it’s not that big a deal.

In my case, most of my xwing is pickup games at the LGS. I don’t pay to play either, so the only way they make money is moving product. Sure, they sell board games and sell a TON of trading card nonsense like MtG etc. I don’t fault them - it sells. Those card players help keep our store open so I don’t mind. We have enough of a game space for our group and while the xwing selection at any moment is not stellar, they can order anything for us easy enough.

26 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I just checked around my area and they’re listing none in stock. Is this geographically centered somewhere in the US?

They have them at B&N in Mississippi. If we have them the. EVERYONE should have them. 

What I don’t understand is how B&N has them on the shelf and my FLGS shows them as pre-order only?

6 minutes ago, drail14me said:

They have them at B&N in Mississippi. If we have them the. EVERYONE should have them. 

What I don’t understand is how B&N has them on the shelf and my FLGS shows them as pre-order only?

If B&N has them, that would mean that either they received them directly (And were never told by FFG to hold them) or the distributor they get them from was never told to hold them by FFG.

11 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Spinny.  Flappy. B-wings. 

B-wings.  That spin. And flap.

No reason?  You shut yer **** mouth.

I only have 2 B-Wings from 1e so I might buy a new B-Wing...

But I'd try to trade the model with someone else for one of the old ones.  I dunno.  I just don't like spinny flappy models.  I traded my spinny Fang for a 1e version, and I'm considering gluing open my Core Set 2e X-Wing, just because the paint job is so good.

To each their own, though.

11 hours ago, Caduceus01 said:

Without my FLGS I would be severely limited as to where I can play. For the sake of saving 20? bucks on an order, I will happily shop at my FLGS who gives 10% discount on everything anyway. 

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I only have 2 B-Wings from 1e so I might buy a new B-Wing...

But I'd try to trade the model with someone else for one of the old ones.  I dunno.  I just don't like spinny flappy models.  I traded my spinny Fang for a 1e version, and I'm considering gluing open my Core Set 2e X-Wing, just because the paint job is so good.

To each their own, though.

Yeah I traded for non-flappy T70s, its cool for about 30s then its annoying and actually makes the ships looks worse and less functional. If only the movement was actually good enough to indicate s-foil position (thought that's prob another $5 lol)

I did preorder a b-wing from from my FLGS, I at least need to try it out. I do like 1.0 paint job better though (regular not aces)

My closest FLGS is 1.5 hours away, and I don't go that direction often. I ordered my normal Wave 4 from Miniature Market, but I did place an order for a naboo starfighter and silencer through B&N that wasn't in my miniature market order. I'll pick things up at the FLGS when I can. With the order from Amazon I know I'll be able to play at least one of the new ships right at points drop.

I caved and bought a hyena.  I know I can't play it now, but it was 20% off and I may be able to play it early if they release points anything other than release date.