Sign in to follow this  
Mangostrike

[Empire] Phantom/Punisher/Reaper or [FO] 4 ship Salad

Thinking of running one of the following:

B-Squad:
[70] Echo : Juke, Fifth Brother, Collision Detector
[66] Deathrain : Seismic Charges, Skilled Bombardier, Barrage Rockets, Trajectory Simulator
[63] Major Vermeil : Darth Vader (Crew)
[199] Total

Would like to see more than a single device on Deathrain, or maybe upgrade to a proton bomb. Point would have to come from either the Collision Detector or the Skilled Bombardier. All moving at I4.

B-Squad 2:
[61] Echo : Juke, Collision Detector
[75] Redline : Adv. Sensors, Adv. Proton Torpedoes, Barrage Rockets
[64] Vizer : Darth Vader, 0-0-0
[200] Total

This makes Echo and Vermeil lighter to bump up Deathrain to Redline and lean into Ordnance instead of Bombs. Vizer can coordinate to Redline, who can also Adv. Sensor for 2 actions before moving (would be nice to coordinate to a linked action and still get the adv. sensor action, but not an option here). Vizer is a little bubble of annoyance with both DV and 000 crew, taking some attention off of the others who can hit hard. Moving at I2, I4, I5 might be problematic though.

FO Salad:
[66] Blackout : Trick Shot
[63] Lt. Tavson : Biohexacrypt Codes
[30] Lt. Rivas
[41] Backdraft
[200] Total

Seems fun to fly one of each different ship, but next to no upgrades and moving at I1, I3, I4 & I5 could be tricky...

Curious on thoughts of how to run, which is better, any improvements to be made, or is this just a waste of time?

DoublePunishersVader

(52) "Redline" [TIE/ca Punisher]
(10) Advanced Sensors
(5) Cluster Missiles

(44) "Deathrain" [TIE/ca Punisher]
(5) Proton Bombs
(7) Barrage Rockets

(65) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System

Total points: 196

On 6/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, pakirby said:

DoublePunishersVader

(52) "Redline" [TIE/ca Punisher]
(10) Advanced Sensors
(5) Cluster Missiles

(44) "Deathrain" [TIE/ca Punisher]
(5) Proton Bombs
(7) Barrage Rockets

(65) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System

Total points: 196

Probably better to drop FCS, Clusters, and change Protons to Seismics for Torps on Redline.

If you're 3+Ups, I'd say QD/BD/Scorch are your strongest 3.

I would take the first empire list over the second, but lose either 5th Bro or CollDet to round out Deathrain with TrajSim, Seismics, ProBombs, AND ProTorps. Alternatively, Brockets rather than ProTorps to still afford both CollDet and 5th Bro on Echo.

However, to do that (and I advise this anyway), you'll have to downgrade Vermeil to Feroph. You will lose a bit of punch, but Feroph will last WAY longer than Vermeil, keeping Vader around to choke people out

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, Mangostrike said:

FO Salad:
[66] Blackout : Trick Shot
[63] Lt. Tavson : Biohexacrypt Codes
[30] Lt. Rivas
[41] Backdraft
[200] Total

Seems fun to fly one of each different ship, but next to no upgrades and moving at I1, I3, I4 & I5 could be tricky...

I would say probably - because I always hate forced activation & engagement order.

Tavson is nice - he doesn't really need much to work (and for that matter dropping Biohexacrypt Codes makes you hyperspace legal). A Jamming Beam is probably irrelevant but it is also free, and with Linked Batteries it's 4 dice at range 2 or 5 at range 1 (what token stack?).

I'd avoid Biohexacrypt codes simply because responding to an attack by locking someone is a nice, simple response but if you lock an enemy, you also get to immediately lock them with Lieutenant Rivas as well (remember a lock token is a red token....)

Blackout is nice with Trick Shot, but I'm not sure how well he'll do here; I think he might be really tasty as a flanker (but he's the most dangerous unit in the squad) or a torpedo boat (but you don't have room for ordnance). If you're wondering about initiative, you could always try Recoil instead?

Recoil with Predator shares an initiative value with Backdraft, and saves 5 points over Blackout. That's an Ion Cannon for Tavson - which with Linked Batteries is very good at actually ionizing people, which in turn lets Recoil set up range 1 focus/reroll strikes with autothrusters and again triggers Rivas (it's an orange token).

• Recoil (59) - Predator (2)
  • Backdraft (41)
  • Lieutenant Tavson (62) - Ion Cannon (5)
  • Lieutenant Rivas (30)

Alternatively, you could move everyone to the Initiative 3 pilots, letting you chop and change at will:

• Avenger (58) - Fanatical (2)
  • Lieutenant Tavson (62) - Tractor Beam (2), Biohexacrypt Codes (1)
  • Omega Squadron Expert (38) - Fanatical (2)
  • Longshot (33) - Fanatical (2)

Basically doubling down on the primary First Order theme of "no matter who you shoot at, you're making your life worse".

Would you be able to use Tavson's ability to lock onto an enemy, which then gives a Lock to Rivas to use during his attack.

Then next activation, use Biohexacrypt to Jam that same enemy, which gives Rivas a new Lock on that enemy to use this turn as well?

Makes the opponent think about attacking Tavson when it's essentially giving 2 TL and a Jam across the next two turns. Not shockingly scary, but still noteworthy...

4 hours ago, Mangostrike said:

Would you be able to use Tavson's ability to lock onto an enemy, which then gives a Lock to Rivas to use during his attack.

Then next activation, use Biohexacrypt to Jam that same enemy, which gives Rivas a new Lock on that enemy to use this turn as well?

Makes the opponent think about attacking Tavson when it's essentially giving 2 TL and a Jam across the next two turns. Not shockingly scary, but still noteworthy...

Rivas' ability: "After a ship at range 1-2 gains a red or orange token, if you do not have that ship locked, you may acquire a lock on that ship."  Lock tokens are red tokens.  Jam tokens are orange tokens.  Sounds like a "yes" to me.