Sign in to follow this  
eliteone

Two Sizable Ships: Guesses on included Commanders & their Abilities

Posted (edited)

We've seen the threads guessing what the two "sizable" ships will be, but what or rather... who...do you think might be the Commanders included with the new ships and what would there abilities be? Difficulty: No First Order, Resistance or Prequels. 

I'm going to go with:

Commander Luke Skywalker

During this ships activation, you may exhaust this card. If you do, two other friendly ships in range 1-5 may place a face-up Command Dial next to their ship card set to your revealed Command Dials command. It may be resolved during that ships activation in addition to its own Command Dial. 

36 pts. 

so like mini-Thrawn, only affects two-ships, but can be used every round, however to be most effective you'll want to activate the flagship first, which you might not always want to do. Same points as Vader because it sounds so good and you know son/father thing. It's not very thematic and is more like a "Force Battle Meditation" which I don't think Luke has ever shown. 

If the second ship is Imperials:

Admiral Dalaa

While a friendly ship is attacking a ship of a smaller class size, you may set one die to a face with an [ACCURACY] icon.

26 pts. 

Because she's a bully? It's in the middle on the point cost because Imps take a lot of  ISDs and VSDs, and it could be a real flotilla/small ship destroyer...even in a two ship that likely to be 4 auto ACCs ...and it's weakend by only working against other Large ships if you're running the SSD. 

Edited by eliteone

I would hope that we get a Rebel commander that offers some dice manipulation. I don’t think the imperials need another they have 3 that do that so far. 

3 hours ago, XR8rGREAT said:

Even if that were a realistic possibility Rebels could still use another.

It'd be a departure from what appears to be rebel design philosophy...

As I've said in another thread recently...  The Empire has the Reliability...  The Rebellion has Hope, and that also applies to their Die Rolls respectively...

...  Brutal Routine Efficency, or the Casting of the Die.

General Solo could be a likely contender, or Lando for that matter (a rebel fighter pusher perhaps?)

Not sure Daala is canon anymore & it doesn’t seem like the new regime is particularly interested in mining the old EU as they were able before. 

Paelleon perhaps? He was mentioned in the Rebels cartoon. 

Hmm, 

4 hours ago, XR8rGREAT said:

Do you think we will see crew versions of the Admirals. There is of a couple but crew Ackbar and Motti etc could be interesting as well.

Hmm Officer Ackbar...

"If Admiral Raddus and Caiten and Shollan are also equipped to this ship, you may equip any Rebel Title Card."

8pts. 

MC80L with Aspiration

MC75 OC with Mon Karren or AC Liberty

MC30 with Bright Hope or QS

Where is Gen. Willard? He spoke with Leia when the Rebel command "feared the worst" after hearing about Alderaan. He was also involved with Luke qualifying to fly an X-Wing.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:44 PM, eliteone said:

Admiral Dalaa

While a friendly ship is attacking a ship of a smaller class size, you may set one die to a face with an [ACCURACY] icon.

So give ISDs another option for punishing MSU? No thanks.

Thematically, it would more appropriate to make Luke Skywalker’s commander ability generate an accuracy when shooting at a ship of same size or larger. 

14 hours ago, Church14 said:

Thematically, it would more appropriate to make Luke Skywalker’s commander ability generate an accuracy when shooting at a ship of same size or larger. 

That's cool, fleet-wide H9s.

It also is similar to Leia's kinda-sorta fleetwide tokens. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Church14 said:

Although thinking about it, Luke would just be a Home One effect with no distance requirement? 

He would need to do something else also, maybe assist /affect squads with the ACC. 

Perhaps: "...after a friendly squadron attacks an enemy squadron,  if no damage was suffered, the enemy squadron suffers 1 damage."

Edited by eliteone

On 6/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, Church14 said:

Or squadrons maybe :3

Posted (edited)

I want some old Fett clone officer or admiral.  IDK about abilities, but I just think it would be cool.  like old man Rex for the rebels.  Anyone else think that Filoni messed up by not having old man Rex and old man Cody meet up and talk about what went down and why one of them is still with the empire and the other is a reb? just some Fett clone thoughts

Edited by Chuntsinger

14 minutes ago, Chuntsinger said:

I want some old Fett clone officer or admiral.  IDK about abilities, but I just think it would be cool.  like old man Rex for the rebels.  Anyone else think that Filoni messed up by not having old man Rex and old man Cody meet up and talk about what went down and why one of them is still with the empire and the other is a reb? just some Fett clone thoughts

I actually ran this idea in an Edge of the Empire game. Cody had stayed on to keep the last few batchs of Clones safe, but when he had finished up at Kamino, he had been placed in advisor roles in the fleet. Until he found his way to Whisper Base, where he contacted the Rebels while making a supply run to Iziz.

The party found out a few of the storm troopers stationed at whisper base were some of the younger generations of clones, and Cody, Rex, and Wolf had a pretty intense reunion.

Posted (edited)

Whoever it is, I want them to be an actual squadron commander. Sato is just bad. Give me Wedge Antilles. The most terrifying pilot in the history of Star Wars. Give him something that just improves squad performance. Make it the performance of generics if people feel too strongly about rebel aces.

Alternatively, make a new commander or errata Sato to Sato’s original wording where you can replace the two dice after rolling and I would be happy. 

EDIT: I suppose this isn’t a guess but a wish. I honestly don’t know what they are going to release. If it is the wingless Liberty than it’ll be Lando or Han as commanders. Which isn’t so bad as Lando would be a squadron commander OR a commander that encouraged close range fighting. 

Edited by Church14

What if it’s General Lando with some ability based on his officer-ness/upcoming squadron mashed together.

like: when attacking or defending and an enemy ship is at close range, you may spend a defense token to re-roll any number of dice.

no idea what that might be in points, but would offer rebels some dice manipulation that is still a gamble. Could also work for squadrons as this is written, but wouldn’t have too if it makes them too strong (thinking of aces getting bomber re-rolls with a BCC)

Also, if that is too open you make it only attack or only defense.