Sign in to follow this  
Nyjalsan

Extended List - top 3 performing lists SCUM

Posted (edited)

Hello all, 

I have read some topics here recently, very interesting ideas, can't pick one and try. 

Therefore I am asking if I may, someone who flew them let's sum up the top 3 performing Scum lists you think have a high potential to win VS every other list. I would prefer a list to be beefy enough but also non glass cannony too. 

Have an extended on Sunday need to prepare a good list :S help needed scumy pilots! 

Let me know what would you pick your top 3.

Edited by Nyjalsan

Posted (edited)

Drea/DT/Hull Upgrade + 3x Lok/DT/VTG

Kestu/title/Maul/Fearless + Old Teroch/predator + Kavil/DT/DVG  (or Talonbane/predator over Kavil if you prefer... aka Old Para)

these two are proven good. probably a few other scum lists out there that would be good that include Guri or Fenn paired with Boba. Escape craft is really good and iv seen it pared with Boba and Old T (Paul Heaver used Lando/tactical officer with Boba/Slave1/Qi'ra/trickshot and Old Teroch/Predator... pretty sure that was his list).

i find it nigh impossible to get 4 three attack dice scum ships into a list that have some durability built in as well.

Fangs are awesome but they die quickly. Fenn is amazing but hes 68pts of your list and is the glassiest cannon in the game... Soontir can take shield upgrade or stealth device. I know Concordia Dawn is really good but you cant rely on that to save you... would you rather be lucky or good? The correct answer is both... :) Haven't seen Scum Fenn make it to the top tables of an extended event for some time. He's harder to fly than you think. High risk, high reward. High amounts of egg on your face if he gets destroyed early in the game.

My own variant of drea/Lok is...

Drea Renthal (42)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Hull Upgrade (3)    

Ship total: 47  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 5    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    

Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 5    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!86:,137,,,,,,164:;146:137,,90,,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

you have a little wriggle room between the hull upgrade on drea and the ion turrets you go with. I like having the coordinate available for the front line ships... also means u can bump with a Lok and still give it an action.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

8 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Kestu/title/Maul/Fearless + Old Teroch/predator + Kavil/DT/DVG  (or Talonbane/predator over Kavil if you prefer... aka Old Para)

I like that one, with the slight twist of Perceptive Copilot on Ketsu, fearless on Teroch and the rest for bid or Kavils upgrades. 

Just pick any you think you like and put it on the table before the tourney. Best list doesn't help you if you don't know how to fly it. 

Ye I have myself Drea list with 2 loks and crymorah goon, all with VTGs and ION turrets.

Have played that for a bit, seems to be legit, but maybe it is time to fly 3 beefy loks now, might do so.

@Da_Brown_Bomber

How do you fly your drea list:
where do you position your ships?
how do you fly with Drea in the beginning?
what do you try to avoid when you are close range to the opponents ships?
how do you get out of a close range with your loks and drea?
what action economy are you taking most, target lock + focus or only focus all the way, since all ships have 1 agility it seems that target lock is way better, what you think?
Since mid bases might be too sturdy sometimes, what do you do with asteroids, fly around them from the corners or go berzerk into them and fingers crossed?

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

in a box formation with Loks at front and Drea at back. iv experimented with using the Hired Gun to autobump with it moving ahead and letting the loks hit it from behind. This way you can slow roll a bit and draw enemy ships closer b4 u engage.

how do you fly with Drea in the beginning? tucked in the back about range 2 from the front most ship. never let them get shots on her at close range and make them pay if they try and close on you. watch out for them trying to get in behind and use ur Loks to take up air space and cut down their options. most likely they will send a ship wide to try and flank. u can use the edges of the board to help protect Drea but its not as easy as it sounds.

what do you try to avoid when you are close range to the opponents ships? it will take u some practice to close on them range control is always imp but if they are shooting u from range 3 you cant leverage ur dorsal turrets so aim to close the distance to them quickly with a 3 bank or 3 straight if u can. keep all ur ships close to one another if u can, at least for the first engagement. once u are force to break tight formation use 3 Talon rolls to get ur Loks back into the fight. this requires quite a bit of space so practice with obstacles often b4 u take this list into a live game. mastering slow mvmt thru a tightly packed group of obstacles is possible if u go slowly. 
how do you get out of a close range with your loks and drea? I want my Loks at close range. thats where they deal crazy damage. Keep Drea out of the thick of battle if u can by using 2 sharps and keeping drea at range 2 of enemies. 
what action economy are you taking most, target lock + focus or only focus all the way, since all ships have 1 agility it seems that target lock is way better, what you think? give ur best placed attacking ship double mods (lock+focus) u have other options... barrel roll a Lok after its taken a focus... talonroll after doing focus, give drea a focus prior to kturning or barrel rolling or just give a front line ship focus after it gets blocked or before it moves through an obstacle.
Since mid bases might be too sturdy sometimes, what do you do with asteroids, fly around them from the corners or go berzerk into them and fingers crossed? asteroid placement is really imp with this list. u want to create channels for ur slow Loks to negotiate. i like to pick a corner and place my squad really close. Hired gun can 2 sharp from the side (it starts facing the side of a lok during setup) the move infront and autobump ur Loks who one straight into the back of it. it takes practice but its a good early game tactic to slow ur approach and get a bit more info about what flank they are commiting to. Keep drea tucked in close to the edge of the map and turn her in only when ur ready to crwal thru the obstacles in the middle of the board. if uv done ur job during placement of obstacles u should have a good channel for ur Loks to fly thru (single file is possible if the gap is narrow).

its a strong squad,only now with the popularity of jedi aces it can be easily out manouvred... its got low init and the ships are slow. despite this u can beat anything if u put in the practice and get them in ur firing arc early. its just hard giving chase, esp in the late stages of the game... this squad has slow speed  but powerful damage output.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:52 AM, Nyjalsan said:

Ye I have myself Drea list with 2 loks and crymorah goon, all with VTGs and ION turrets.

Have played that for a bit, seems to be legit, but maybe it is time to fly 3 beefy loks now, might do so.

@Da_Brown_Bomber

how do you fly with Drea in the beginning?
what do you try to avoid when you are close range to the opponents ships?
how do you get out of a close range with your loks and drea?
what action economy are you taking most, target lock + focus or only focus all the way, since all ships have 1 agility it seems that target lock is way better, what you think?
Since mid bases might be too sturdy sometimes, what do you do with asteroids, fly around them from the corners or go berzerk into them and fingers crossed?

Thanks in advance!

Look in to Gold Squadron X-wing Podcasts on the youtubes, been watching quite a few competitive scum lists (including previously mentioned lists) if you want to see high level pilots fly them. 

On 6/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Kestu/title/Maul/Fearless + Old Teroch/predator + Kavil/DT/DVG 

Several people at my FLGS have been flying this the last couple weeks, and I can tell you that it hits very hard.  Probably better than the DreadLoks at this point, and less like to be nerfed by points changes in a couple weeks.

I would say the Ketsu-list is really a tier 1.5 list. I think it´s one of those list where people play a lot better against it the second time around. I think it placed no.1 in the Swiss rounds in a single tournament a short time ago, but hasn´t really been close to winning anything yet. You often see one or two players with some variation of it place around the middle of the pack.

To do well with Old Paras Ketsu list, or variants thereof, you really have to know what you're doing after the initial engagements.

Like a lot of good Scum lists, it's not at all easy to fly. They can catch people out and even if they don't, they can still start with a couple of very strong combat turns. But if that doesnt swing the game, it can get very difficult, very quickly.

Keeping things in the zones they need to be in past that point requires some real intimacy with the ships, a solid balance in the squad and strong planning, since many of the best ships and pilots have very specific requirements.

I think, if you want pick up and play, you probably choose Rebels :D

(But Scum are waaay more fun and rewarding)

2 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

To do well with Old Paras Ketsu list, or variants thereof, you really have to know what you're doing after the initial engagements.

Like a lot of good Scum lists, it's not at all easy to fly. They can catch people out and even if they don't, they can still start with a couple of very strong combat turns. But if that doesnt swing the game, it can get very difficult, very quickly.

Keeping things in the zones they need to be in past that point requires some real intimacy with the ships, a solid balance in the squad and strong planning, since many of the best ships and pilots have very specific requirements.

I think, if you want pick up and play, you probably choose Rebels :D

(But Scum are waaay more fun and rewarding)

its a fun list and has excellent firepower. takes some practice to figure out how to maximise that tractoring ability. practice u put in will be rewarded. true of any list i guess. this is typical of scum right now, high risk, high reward. 4 fangs is the same. ur mistakes get punished. Losing Fen early is no fun :(

Speaking of Ketsu, any thoughts on something like this? Maybe not a top list, but we’ve seen Ketsu and Guri have success. Does Guri need Adv Sensors or is FCS decent enough to be able to afford Lando?

Escape Craft - •Lando Calrissian - 31
    •Lando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (29)
        Tactical Officer (2)

StarViper-class Attack Platform - •Guri - 78
    •Guri - Prince Xizor’s Bodyguard (63)
        Fearless (3)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        •Virago (10)

Lancer-class Pursuit Craft - •Ketsu Onyo - 90
    •Ketsu Onyo - Black Sun Contractor (70)
        Fearless (3)
        •Maul (11)
        •Shadow Caster (6)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

To the OP,

Scum are in a tough spot right now with more hard match-ups than easy ones.

My suggestion is to go something "scummy" using the best scum has available at the moment.

4-LOM (49)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Mist Hunter (2)    

Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5    

Kavil (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Seismic Charges (3)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (29)    
    Tactical Officer (2)    

Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Old Teroch (56)    
    Fearless (3)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 2    

Total: 199    

3 hours ago, kempokid said:

Speaking of Ketsu, any thoughts on something like this? Maybe not a top list, but we’ve seen Ketsu and Guri have success. Does Guri need Adv Sensors or is FCS decent enough to be able to afford Lando?

Escape Craft - •Lando Calrissian - 31
    •Lando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (29)
        Tactical Officer (2)

StarViper-class Attack Platform - •Guri - 78
    •Guri - Prince Xizor’s Bodyguard (63)
        Fearless (3)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        •Virago (10)

Lancer-class Pursuit Craft - •Ketsu Onyo - 90
    •Ketsu Onyo - Black Sun Contractor (70)
        Fearless (3)
        •Maul (11)
        •Shadow Caster (6)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

im not much of a guri player but i know she wants to reposition after other init5 enemy pilots... lots of these about right now... this makes a bid imp... suggest u drop fearless on guri and swap fcs for predator... still a little light on the bid but four pts lot better than one. rest looks solid.

Posted (edited)

I've wanted to run Guri with the Lancer but have not figured it out yet.

Problem I find is that the Lancer burns too fast if you don't have anything else to offer up or cycle in as a target. You definitely don't want to be doing that with Guri, so (headsim) Lancer burns, Guri has to take on most of a list herself.

Thing is, Guri with Advanced Sensors and a +10pt bid is capable of doing that.... Guri without either, I don't think so.

I'm quite happy running Guri with AS and nothing else, which leaves nice room for the Lancer.

Fearless on her, straight up no. Never put her in a firing arc unless you're 100% certain she'll Init kill it.

My collection is a bit limited when it comes to a cheap enough 3rd ship that will actually contribute in a meaningful way but Lando may be useful. It may still be very tricky to keep Ketsu around long enough and do the damage she will need to do for Guri to clean up.

Edited by Cuz05

Guri and Ketsu is a fun list but hard to pull of, since as @Cuz05 said, you don't want to offer Guri and Ketsu will burn down no matter what.

To maximize what the list can do, you want to have both guns on the same target to capitalize on the tractor token. But this will contradict to the way you want to fly guri typically. I would therefore make her as tanky as possible. But the calculate surely doesn't help here. 

I found Lando to be way more than a pure support ship. How ability gives him some tankyness or considerable punch when he is selfish and takes a focus token.

I think he can make Ketsu considerably tanky or take the heat off her by being a juicy target himself. 

If I were to fly these three pilots I'd most likely go for this one. 

Guri (63)
Predator (2)
Advanced Sensors (10)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (6)

Lando Calrissian (29)
Tactical Officer (2)
Total: 190

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

11 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

im not much of a guri player but i know she wants to reposition after other init5 enemy pilots... lots of these about right now... this makes a bid imp... suggest u drop fearless on guri and swap fcs for predator... still a little light on the bid but four pts lot better than one. rest looks solid.

I thought the initiative battle was happening more at 4 than it was at 5.

8 hours ago, flooze said:

Guri (63)
Predator (2)
Advanced Sensors (10)

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Shadow Caster (6)

Lando Calrissian (29)
Tactical Officer (2)
Total: 190

This is pretty solid and a hefty bid. I suppose Maul is decent but with a coordinating ship the double focus + potential evade or lock should be adequate.

I still think I’d want to include Fearless on Ketsu. 193 is still a decent bid and since she’ll be up close she can make use of it.

4 hours ago, kempokid said:

I still think I’d want to include Fearless on Ketsu. 193 is still a decent bid and since she’ll be up close she can make use of it.

Fair point. If you feel like it, putting trick shot on Lando can also work

On 6/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

in a box formation with Loks at front and Drea at back. iv experimented with using the Hired Gun to autobump with it moving ahead and letting the loks hit it from behind. This way you can slow roll a bit and draw enemy ships closer b4 u engage.

how do you fly with Drea in the beginning? tucked in the back about range 2 from the front most ship. never let them get shots on her at close range and make them pay if they try and close on you. watch out for them trying to get in behind and use ur Loks to take up air space and cut down their options. most likely they will send a ship wide to try and flank. u can use the edges of the board to help protect Drea but its not as easy as it sounds.

what do you try to avoid when you are close range to the opponents ships? it will take u some practice to close on them range control is always imp but if they are shooting u from range 3 you cant leverage ur dorsal turrets so aim to close the distance to them quickly with a 3 bank or 3 straight if u can. keep all ur ships close to one another if u can, at least for the first engagement. once u are force to break tight formation use 3 Talon rolls to get ur Loks back into the fight. this requires quite a bit of space so practice with obstacles often b4 u take this list into a live game. mastering slow mvmt thru a tightly packed group of obstacles is possible if u go slowly. 
how do you get out of a close range with your loks and drea? I want my Loks at close range. thats where they deal crazy damage. Keep Drea out of the thick of battle if u can by using 2 sharps and keeping drea at range 2 of enemies. 
what action economy are you taking most, target lock + focus or only focus all the way, since all ships have 1 agility it seems that target lock is way better, what you think? give ur best placed attacking ship double mods (lock+focus) u have other options... barrel roll a Lok after its taken a focus... talonroll after doing focus, give drea a focus prior to kturning or barrel rolling or just give a front line ship focus after it gets blocked or before it moves through an obstacle.
Since mid bases might be too sturdy sometimes, what do you do with asteroids, fly around them from the corners or go berzerk into them and fingers crossed? asteroid placement is really imp with this list. u want to create channels for ur slow Loks to negotiate. i like to pick a corner and place my squad really close. Hired gun can 2 sharp from the side (it starts facing the side of a lok during setup) the move infront and autobump ur Loks who one straight into the back of it. it takes practice but its a good early game tactic to slow ur approach and get a bit more info about what flank they are commiting to. Keep drea tucked in close to the edge of the map and turn her in only when ur ready to crwal thru the obstacles in the middle of the board. if uv done ur job during placement of obstacles u should have a good channel for ur Loks to fly thru (single file is possible if the gap is narrow).

its a strong squad,only now with the popularity of jedi aces it can be easily out manouvred... its got low init and the ships are slow. despite this u can beat anything if u put in the practice and get them in ur firing arc early. its just hard giving chase, esp in the late stages of the game... this squad has slow speed  but powerful damage output.

@Nyjalsan This was my variant... posted the incorrect list earlier in this thread... thats more stock standard... this one uses coordinate from hired gun :)

Drea Renthal (42)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (4)    
    Hull Upgrade (3)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 5    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    

Hired Gun (33)    
    Squad Leader (6)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 4    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!86:,138,,,,,,164:;146:137,,90,,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:;87:131,137,,90,5,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!86:,138,,,,,,164:;146:137,,90,,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:;87:131,137,,90,5,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Talonbane Cobra (50)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Afterburners (6)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 3    

Old Teroch (56)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 2    

Kad Solus (54)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 2    

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (29)    
    Tactical Officer (2)    

Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!119:116,,,,,105:;98:116,:;99:116,:;93:,61,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

wonder how this might go. coordinate from Lando can give double mods to best positioned ship.

4 hours ago, flooze said:

Fair point. If you feel like it, putting trick shot on Lando can also work

Tested it out tonight against that Jendon/Vynder/Vader list making the rounds and yikes. This is a really really tough list to fly. With time and practice it can be good, but I got crushed today. I’m going to put it on the table a few more times before I have to re-focus on Hyperspace. Hopefully with more practice I can make it work.