Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

Any head swap videos??

24 minutes ago, Shieldwolf72 said:

Don't know of any videos, but I just used and exacto knife. Cut off the original head, superglue on the new one.

Z7NW3kO.jpg

Thanks. Guess I’ll have a better idea of fit and where to cut when the new heads come in. I wish the Rebel Troopers were made like the Commandos that come with heads off. 

Posted (edited)

I replaced a bit over half of the heads of my guys with gadzooks ones. I recommend using flush-cut hobby cutters instead of a knife - I find that much easier to control.

Always cut off less rather than more at a time, especially if the heads are brittle (mine were resin) and test fit a zillion times before you put glue on anything.

I actually pinned a bunch of mine, but I don't think that was actually necessary, as long as you take your time and have a well fitted head/body interface.

I hope that helps!

Edited by colki

6 hours ago, colki said:

I replaced a bit over half of the heads of my guys with gadzooks ones. I recommend using flush-cut hobby cutters instead of a knife - I find that much easier to control.

Always cut off less rather than more at a time, especially if the heads are brittle (mine were resin) and test fit a zillion times before you put glue on anything.

I actually pinned a bunch of mine, but I don't think that was actually necessary, as long as you take your time and have a well fitted head/body interface.

I hope that helps!

Thanks! I’ll look at the Gadzooks as well.