CaptainRocket

Toys and models to scale with Star Wars Legion - list by CaptainRocket

On 9/25/2019 at 1:20 PM, Mpori said:

De Agostini Millenium Falcon its pretty near to the scale. I brought the first modules and built the cockpit. 28mm minis fits fine in the seats of such an amazing model.

As absolutely awesome as this is, the $1500 price point is probably pretty cost-prohibitive for a lot of players. I bookmarked it though. Maybe someday.. 

New candidate for the list, the Revell Snap Tite Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter.

IMG_20191011_142040066

It's a bit longer than a true Legion-scale fighter should be, and the astromech is a big fatter, but as a terrain piece, it looks fine on the table.  Mine didn't come with landing gear, but if you get a complete version, it will.

Well, I can confirm that the Hasbro Republic Attack Shuttle, aka, the Nu-Class Assault Shuttle, is to scale for Legion.  My math of it's stated length of 18.9m puts it at just over 16" long in Legion scale, and the Hasbro toy is.... just over 16" long.  Downside is that it is really, really big.  Probably too big for a lot of tables, and maybe too big to fit with my Republic outpost.  We'll see.

IMG_20191022_191410718

IMG_20191022_191418769

It looks good with the Minis, but needs some weathering and touch ups so it doesn't look quite so plastic-y. 

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

Well, I can confirm that the Hasbro Republic Attack Shuttle, aka, the Nu-Class Assault Shuttle, is to scale for Legion.  My math of it's stated length of 18.9m puts it at just over 16" long in Legion scale, and the Hasbro toy is.... just over 16" long.  Downside is that it is really, really big.  Probably too big for a lot of tables, and maybe too big to fit with my Republic outpost.  We'll see.

IMG_20191022_191410718

IMG_20191022_191418769

It looks good with the Minis, but needs some weathering and touch ups so it doesn't look quite so plastic-y. 

You could always "Crash" it...

6 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

Have you seen what those go for on the web?

I have. Honestly, it would be easier and cheaper to design and print a crashed 3D version. Suggesting to crash it was intended to be humorous. It is remarkable how expensive these type of toys are.

22 hours ago, Draycos said:

You could always "Crash" it...

Haha... no.  My wallet cried a bit when reading that, and I actually got a halfway fair deal on this.

Honestly, I think a decent crashed version of this would actually take up even more space, because the wings would be sticking out, or scattered rather than pointing up like they are now.  

4 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Haha... no.  My wallet cried a bit when reading that, and I actually got a halfway fair deal on this.

Honestly, I think a decent crashed version of this would actually take up even more space, because the wings would be sticking out, or scattered rather than pointing up like they are now.  

I thought the wings (partially stuck in the ground) would make a good line of sight blocking wall, or laid flatter with a crack in them could be rough or raised terrain. As I said earlier though, that comment was intended as sarcasm.