Da_Brown_Bomber

Scum Points Adjustments you would like to see...

1 hour ago, Fippo said:

I am guessing that you are playing one of the factions that dislike him 😉

I play pretty much any faction.  The fact remains that people should not have to choose what faction to play based on one potential enemy. 

So what are the thoughts on the “expected” points changes? I still quite disappointed the Fang Fighters didn’t receive a mod slot BUT Dengar and the rest of the JumpMasters going down AND receiving a gunner slot seems interesting. Also, Boba and the Kihraxz (minus TBC) went down. There are numerous other thing but what are your thoughts? Happy? Sad? Pissed? 

3 minutes ago, MUrunner20 said:

So what are the thoughts on the “expected” points changes? I still quite disappointed the Fang Fighters didn’t receive a mod slot BUT Dengar and the rest of the JumpMasters going down AND receiving a gunner slot seems interesting. Also, Boba and the Kihraxz (minus TBC) went down. There are numerous other thing but what are your thoughts? Happy? Sad? Pissed? 

1. Manaroo stayed put. So not all the Jumpmasters got a points reduction.

2. They keep nerfing Guri for some stupid reason.

3. Khiraxzs cheaper. Yay... Swapping one useless slot for another... Pointless

4. Scycks get a new toy... Now cost more than a ship with the exact same ******* stats and a more nimble dial (TIE/Fo)

5. Slot tax for the ******* Illicit slot hasn't gone away..

6. Nerfed the only "competitive" list in faction into the grave.

In summary: Okay, a little nice in some ways but on the whole still leans heavily towards we're still ******...

Maul crew got upped to 12 points?! If anything he should have been reduced to 10 points. Han became 2 points more expensive because Trick shot git changed to 4 points. Guri becomes 1 point more expensive. I donÂŽt understand a lot of these changes...

So, what gunner will people try on the Jumpmaster? I am not expecting it to be very good, but adding the gunner slot is interesting and gives me a reason to try flying it once or twice.

Posted (edited)

I guess they decided to raise Maul because a handful of people were trying to have fun with Ketsu/Maul at tournaments. Ketsu/Maul never won a tournament as far as I know.

Edited by Sixter

15 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Was I missing out on a killer Maul crew build?

He was being used for an expensive passive mod on Garret Jost's and Old Para's Fearless Ketsu
 That's all I remember him being taken for. Though we might be getting hit with the "Oh ****!" hammer on Maul thanks to Hatin' Kanan...

8 minutes ago, Sixter said:

I guess they decided to raise Maul because a handful of people were trying to have fun with Ketsu/Maul at tournaments. Ketsu/Maul never won a tournament as far as I know.

I won a small tournament last week with Ketsu: Maul, Fearless, title; Nym: Dorsal, VTG, Seismic; Kavil: Dorsal, VTG.

That list is broken now.  Ketsu with Maul and the title is still pretty good.

I fear that Rebel Beef was not nerfed enough to allow Scum to be competitive. Rebel Beef was the big gatekeeper at the end of last patch, but they pretty much only nerfed the ultimate form of it (Wedge, Cassian/Leia/Braylen/Ten). Since they didnÂŽt nerf any of the other U-Wing pilots, or the other X-wing pilots etc, there are still a lot of tier-1 options left for Rebel Beef to stay very competitive. Wedge, Cassian/Leia, Braylen, Jake is still 199 points. Wedge, Biggs, Partisan/Leia, Blade/Selfless clocks in at 198 points. Just to name a couple of seemingly very competitve lists that can easily be built around Wedge and a U-Wing/Leia without much thought.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Subbing in a sheathipede for the U Wing keeps it largely intact without affecting the hit points VERY much.

It does remove Cassian from the Braylen equation though. 

AP-5 also has a good ability, but not quite so abusively synergistic.

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Subbing in a sheathipede for the U Wing keeps it largely intact without affecting the hit points VERY much.

The stress shedding of Cassian is a pretty big deal. It basically let Braylen off the chain.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

He was being used for an expensive passive mod on Garret Jost's and Old Para's Fearless Ketsu
 That's all I remember him being taken for. Though we might be getting hit with the "Oh ****!" hammer on Maul thanks to Hatin' Kanan...

Oh, I did forget about that list. Hmm. I guess they didn’t want to give it too much of a boost with Ketsu and the Shadow Caster Title coming down. Still...feels weird.

Edited by SabineKey

Just now, SabineKey said:

Oh, I did forget about that list. Hmm. I guess they didn’t want to give it too much of a boost with Ketsu and the Shadow Caster Title coming down. Still...feels weird.

Ketsu didn't drop in cost. She stayed the same.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Though we might be getting hit with the "Oh ****!" hammer on Maul thanks to Hatin' Kanan...

This was my first reaction, except

‱ Hate jumped by 6

‱ Ezra only fell by 4

‱ Kanan didn't change

So in the end, if anything, Hatin' Kanan was nerfed by 3 points. WHY, FFG?

So many buffs that didn't happen, even though many nerfs that were well-needed did. Most suspiciously-absent buffs in the three OT factions; the other four saw extensive buffs. Imperial generics that didn't come down. Rebel large bases and gunners that didn't come down, scum generics, crew, and gunners that didn't come down.

On the whole though, the change in the meta should really help quite a bit. I expect it will be better than before, though the massive drops to Obi-Wan and Plo Koon have me mildly concerned. Torrents look like fun again and some truly amazing FO builds are finally possible. Either way there's much more choice involved as most go-to pilot options got nerfed in general.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

In summary: Okay, a little nice in some ways but on the whole still leans heavily towards we're still ******

Amending this a bit. In Hyperspace we look to be in a holding pattern, in Extended we got stomped on and then patted on the back patronizingly... Even with the "buffs" made, this points adjustment still feels like a "**** You." to the faction...

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)

Only reason I can see for Maul crew going up is to balance Ezra gunner getting cheaper.

46 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Thoughï»ż we might be getting hit with the "Oh ****!" hammerï»ż oï»żn Maul thanks to Hatin' Kananï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż...ï»żï»ż

...not that it was remotely viable in the first place, and they nerfed Hate into the ground for practically no reason 😔

Edited by SpiderMana

45 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

they nerfed Hate into the ground for practically no reason

Force regen is strong. As in real strong. Hate + Maul + Dookru can do awful things to you just for existing. And can keep on doing it over and over and over.

Of course, I do think it was an overreaction and should have gone 2/4/6 but still.

23 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Force regen is strong. As in real strong. Hate + Maul + Dookru can do awful things to you just for existing. And can keep on doing it over and over and over.

Of course, I do think it was an overreaction and should have gone 2/4/6 but still.

I guess I haven’t used Dooku crew, but yeah. But too far IMO.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I guess I haven’t used Dooku crew, but yeah. But too far IMO.

Well yeah, Kanan should have been dropped by 5-10, Maul to 10 and Ezra might be fine.

Dumbfounded that they didn't touch the VCX, YT2400, Striker, or generic Interceptors.

Or freaking missiles!!

Posted (edited)

as a scumplayer im luke warm about these changes. highlights for me are...

• Shadowcaster title down to 3 and other than Ketsu SC pilots got a sml reduction in pts.
  • Talonbane untouched at 50pts (the extra illicit slot is negligible until we get 2 worthy illicits to put on him)
  • Contraband Cybernetics down to 3 (ok we have one relevant illicit)
  • Khiraxz fighters not named TB all come down a little
  • IG-88 crew down 1pt to 3pts
  • not sure if the sml drops in pts to firesprays and VY-666's will make much of an impact but im pleased that big ships across the board got some help
Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber