Da_Brown_Bomber

Scum Points Adjustments you would like to see...

18 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

I think all the aggressors need is a solid cannon... maybe a littlemore than that but theye not seeing much play in my area at all.

Well, a solid cannon and enough points to equip it! I like the idea of HLC a lot, but I'm not good enough to regularly get bulleye with my Brobots.

12 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

i miss mangler cannon.

You're alone in this sentiment.

I do not miss mangler cannon, especially with all the crit-based abilities going around. I don't want any cannon to be a straight-up better 3-primary. That's not the point of cannons in the first place and is a totally un-interesting design.

14 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

i miss mangler cannon.

My proposal for getting Mangler back would be a 3 die forward arc, range 2-3, and if the defender is in your bullseye you may change a a hit to a crit result. All the two-die primary ships that can take a cannon would enjoy it, and Aggressors could shoot their IG88B shot for more than 1 damage after they miss without needed to line up HLC.

19 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

One thing I feel is lacking a bit in 2.0 in general is just bombs

Sure, I don't want 1st Ed Sabine nonsense, but putting trajectory at 10 and charging A LOT to get the goods on Emon/named SCURRG makes bombs a bum deal

I think FFG thought they were encouraging bombing by added the gunner slot to the Scurrg for bombardier, but VTG turret squashed that thought.

Andrasta, "Genius", Cad Bane, and Havoc could drop one or two points for Scum to encouraging bombing there. In general, Bomblet Generator and Traj. Simulator can both go down. Bomblet is almost useless compared to Protons at the same cost as no one wants to spend a shield to reload a bomb, so drop it 1 point. Trajectory Simulator should drop a few points but I would be cautious with the drop as the CIS looks like they will have cheap bombers with Sensors slots. 3 points was to little at launch, but 10 is too much. Maybe 7? 

Sabine is still a tyrant, but since the only bomb lists we see her on is Quad K's, she doesn't see much use.

19 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I think FFG thought they were encouraging bombing by added the gunner slot to the Scurrg for bombardier, but VTG turret squashed that thought.

Andrasta, "Genius", Cad Bane, and Havoc could drop one or two points for Scum to encouraging bombing there. In general, Bomblet Generator and Traj. Simulator can both go down. Bomblet is almost useless compared to Protons at the same cost as no one wants to spend a shield to reload a bomb, so drop it 1 point. Trajectory Simulator should drop a few points but I would be cautious with the drop as the CIS looks like they will have cheap bombers with Sensors slots. 3 points was to little at launch, but 10 is too much. Maybe 7? 

Sabine is still a tyrant, but since the only bomb lists we see her on is Quad K's, she doesn't see much use.

6 or 7 for TrajSim, 4 for Bomblet seems fair.

16 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Bomblet is almost useless compared to Protons at the same cost as no one wants to spend a shield to reload a bomb, so drop it 1 point.

I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but the nifty thing about Bomblet Generator is a) you get both charges back for one shield (granted that you might not HAVE shields by the time you've used both charges) and b) it doesn't disarm you (the card says 'recover 2 charges', not 'reload').

No, I think the real advantage Proton Bombs have is consistency.  You never have to wonder whether the dice are going to blank out and leave you with one damage when your bomb hit four ships.  (Also, crits.)

On 6/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, 5050Saint said:

My proposal for getting Mangler back would be a 3 die forward arc, range 2-3, and if the defender is in your bullseye you may change a a hit to a crit result. All the two-die primary ships that can take a cannon would enjoy it, and Aggressors could shoot their IG88B shot for more than 1 damage after they miss without needed to line up HLC.

It would have to be priced differently for 2 and three dice ships otherwise it will be either way undercosted for Scyks and Gunboats unless it's 12 points which obviously precludes it from all other cannon carriers.

I think we are best of with more complex cannons that don't deal easy three die straight damage.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:08 AM, lordvorkon said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but the nifty thing about Bomblet Generator is a) you get both charges back for one shield (granted that you might not HAVE shields by the time you've used both charges) and b) it doesn't disarm you (the card says 'recover 2 charges', not 'reload').

No, I think the real advantage Proton Bombs have is consistency.  You never have to wonder whether the dice are going to blank out and leave you with one damage when your bomb hit four ships.  (Also, crits.)

Exactly which is why Bomber should be cheaper, it's less consistent and requires double bomb slot, and also sees literally no use in my.local area or any meta lists, at least Proton has beens seen, and when seismics go up I feel we might see Proton and the cheaper Bomber more often.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:10 AM, millertime059 said:

I can see the title down a few, but I swear to god if Palob drops I am burning this mother to the ground.

Agreed.  If anything, raise his points even more!  Let that garbage be as unplayable as possible. 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, 5050Saint said:

Palob is much less of threat with all of the Calculates and Force Charges around. Two factions can almost ignore him.

Which does absolutely nothing to help the existing factions who disliked him.

I sad while I say that, but quadjumpers are currently well costed, problem is appearance of ion clouds, making jumpers ability weaker. Stuff that really need point changes are Kirghaz, Kimogila and Jumpmaster, all 3 are in evolutionary dead ends (also maybe few points off party buss, pretty please?)

On 6/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, Redblock said:

I sad while I say that, but quadjumpers are currently well costed, problem is appearance of ion clouds, making jumpers ability weaker. Stuff that really need point changes are Kirghaz, Kimogila and Jumpmaster, all 3 are in evolutionary dead ends (also maybe few points off party buss, pretty please?)

I think the Kimo and the Jump need something other then a point change. The Kimo needs upgrade types that will make you take it over other 3 dice attack ship, at the moment the 2 things that makes it different is the ordinance which i will talk about in a bit and the bullseye which lets be honest is a waste on I3/4 ships so that should only add a extra point onto the base of the ship. If it was given a crew slot that would do alot for the ship itself (doesnt work great with lore so wont happen). One of the biggest problems with the Kimo is it is paying for 3 attack dice and ordinance slots when really you only need one. One way is if Torps where scaled via attack dice, eg. for proton torps:

4 dice - 4 point
3 dice - 8 points
1/2 dice - 12 points

Jumpmaster is in a similar spot as point drops can do the job but I think it is the best choice is a point drops as well as something else, adding slots seem to be the best way in my opinion. A second crew slot would be nice for generic JM5Ks and then when you add the title Dengar has a crew and astro slot. A system slot would work well for the Jumps, with passive sensors low I Jumps could become alright, a bit like deadeye scouts in 1.0 but dont worry it would be anywhere near as powerful as 1) the dial is bad 2) no guidence chips 3) no 360 arc. 

2 hours ago, K13R4N said:

One way is if Torps where scaled via attack dice, eg. for proton torps:

4 dice - 4 point
3 dice - 8 points
1/2 dice - 12 points

The problem with this is X-wings. Wedge, Luke, Thane, Poe, Nien, and Ello, are all fine with 8 point Proton Torpedoes.

2 hours ago, K13R4N said:

A system slot would work well for the Jumps

The problem with this is Adv Sensors for Jumps would get hairy. Adv Sensoring a barrel roll would be a strong ability. Adv Sensoring any other action starts to put them back in Bumpmaster mode. Perhaps with just the 2 die turret, it may be enough to reign it in though.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:08 AM, lordvorkon said:

I had noticed that you get two bombs for the price of one shield, but I had not noticed the lack of the Disarm token. Interesting. I also notice that it is not and action to reload it either. Still not great, but better than I thought.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, svelok said:

Fangs with mod slots!

We will all run Afterburners Fenn and it'll be amazing

Yes, please.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, svelok said:

Fangs with mod slots!

We will all run Afterburners Fenn and it'll be amazing

Please and thank you... Stealth Device would also be interesting!

Then we just need the JumpMaster fixed and I can run both I6 ships and it would be glorious.

14 hours ago, K13R4N said:

The Kimo needs upgrade types that will make you take it over other 3 dice attack ship

Try R5-P8. I wish I could put that on any other scum ship

4 hours ago, Okapi said:

I want to put the Grand Inquisitor on the table. Would he be overpowered at 50? How about 52?

This is a scum thread but I would definitely try him at both those costs. Point costs will be out very soon so no point speculating now, I will just wait 6 hours 😂.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, JJ48 said:

Agreed.  If anything, raise his points even more!  Let that garbage be as unplayable as possible. 

Which does absolutely nothing to help the existing factions who disliked him.

I am guessing that you are playing one of the factions that dislike him 😉