Matt, Forty and GNIP bring Jabba a giant birthday cake, and start singing For He's A Jolly Good Fellow. "But my birthday's not until next month..." Jabba muses.
RUKKgIn.jpg
A man with a tommy gun pops out and bops off Jabba.

@The Jabbawookie is dead. He was a Vanilla Town.

Night 2 begins. You have 24 hours, or until all Night actions are in.

@FortyInRed
@GhostofNobodyInParticular
@LTD
@Matt3412

Posted (edited)

Ever get the feeling you're being followed? Like someone's out to get you, but you don't know why or who? @Matt3412 understands. Last night he got that feeling--and realized it was more than just a feeling. Matt tried to escape--

IknQ5sH.gif

-but failed.

@Matt3412 is dead. He was a Vanilla Town.

Day 3 begins. You have 48 hours, or until Hammer.

@FortyInRed L-2
@GhostofNobodyInParticular L-2
@LTD L-2

(I also added a funny image to clon's/Mad's death on page 5.)

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Well ok.

50/50.

Is it Forty or GNIP?

A tip for young players - if you are the other town, don’t vote for me - the scum will jump on and win.

I had a plan of mutual destruction in mind - I’m a one shot vigilante. My plan was to wait and hope I was one of the last three, and then vote someone and use my shot to kill the other - but on rereading the conditions one townie has to survive for us to win the game. So I screwed that up but good.

I guess we can play for a tie?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

8 hours ago, LTD said:

I’m also headed to bed - please don’t kill me while I sleep.

I mean someone could have said something. 

The world doesn’t cease to exist just because my eyes are closed... or does it? 

31 minutes ago, LTD said:

I mean someone could have said something. 

The world doesn’t cease to exist just because my eyes are closed... or does it? 

I don't really have much to say. I am probably going to vote @FortyInRed over you, but. . . I am not sure I buy your vigilante claim. Especially since you have played this game long enough to know that there must always be one man standing for a faction to win.

Speaking of which, Forty, could you lend us some input?

I am a vanilla town, and Mad was a Goon. Matt and Jabba were vanillas, and clon was a Babysitter. That makes:

1 power role, 3 vanillas vs a vanilla.

Either the scum have to have something powerful to balance 2 power roles (and a killing one at that), or LTD is lying and is just a mafia goon or a weaker mafioso. On the other hand, a babysitter can lead to two deaths, so maybe that balances it out? 

Most games of this that I recall just said “town wins once all threats to town have been eliminated.” I don’t recall a game explicitly stating someone has to survive.

I too am a vanilla townie so unless I misunderstood things, someone is lying or the victory conditions got screwed up. 

I'm not going to pretend I get all the subterfuge here, but "LTD is lying" makes the most sense to me. 

I’m not lying.

I am a one shot vigilante piano playing body double.

If I get lynched it’s a scum win.

If someone else gets lynched it’s a 50/50 town win or no score draw.

But that isn’t true either - because if we lynch town then the game ends before night and I don’t get to shoot anyone.

Sigh.

I remember again why I don’t like these games all that much.

I mean can't we all say that? Guess the wrong person this round and the scum win.

You really want us to believe that you are a vigilante?

If so, why didn't you kill whoever you thought it was earlier?

The "I forgot that my strategy won't work" doesn't seem like a mistake you'd make. You're more cunning than that.

You overestimate my cunning.

I didn’t use my kill ability sooner because it’s such a small game and I didn’t have strong leads or feelings.

I voted Madaghmire day one but he didn’t get lynched, then he died randomly night one.

Day two I voted GNIP, but you guys lynched Jabba (good work btw!). If I had used my kill night two and gotten it wrong the game would already be over.

I am going to vote GNIP again and hope Forty is town because if I vote Forty and GNIP is scum I’ll feel like a fool.

This way I can say “beginner’s luck”.

## vote GhostofNobodyinParticular

Posted (edited)

I don't think I need to wait for LTD and Forty to play out the rest of the game, we all know what happens next:

@LTD realizes he's been had, and takes some vigilante justice out on @FortyInRed.

0mO0HzN.gif

@FortyInRed also kills @LTD at the same time.

apR3G2M.jpg

LTD was a Town 1-Shot Vigilante; Forty was a Mafia Goon.

Neither Mafia nor Town has met their win condition--at least one member must survive. It's a tie. Good game everyone! @Madaghmire @The Jabbawookie @clontroper5 @Matt3412 @GhostofNobodyInParticular

Observers: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WUGucEb0qHatKZnwMCOfLBq-w7tzgLob0GTLDrtcFq4/edit

Scum chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHxlOLPWWpAVQjqfD8uvtx2U-v3Ldn2cp3-cPz2XNLc/edit

Edited by Bertie Wooster

I'm open to feedback and criticism. Did it feel balanced? Two scum in a seven player game is already difficult for town, so I didn't give scum any special abilities. But I didn't want town to be too powerful either, so I chose roles (babysitter, vigilante) that could help town or potentially backfire. Interestingly, the game could have been over after N1, in favor of town or scum. 

I didn't intend for a no-win scenario to be possible. That was an oversight. I didn't realize it until it was too late to change it.