Just now, clontroper5 said:

Well duh... That's kinda the point. 

Which means the only real change is if we have duplicate roles (e.g. trackers) who would receive Mod PMs not shown publicly.  They could then verify each other based on wording. 

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Which means the only real change is if we have duplicate roles (e.g. trackers) who would receive Mod PMs not shown publicly.  They could then verify each other based on wording. 

But even in this case he posted all of the role PMs here already (mine is identical to the one posted as far as I can see) so they could even fake that. 

6 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

But even in this case he posted all of the role PMs here already (mine is identical to the one posted as far as I can see) so they could even fake that. 

I mean mod PMs received as a result of their actions, rather than role PMs.

1 minute ago, FortyInRed said:

##role confirmed. 

@Bertie Wooster what does <user tag> - L - 4 mean?

It refers to the number of votes needed to lynch the given user. L-4 means 4 votes to lynch. If somebody votes user x, and it is 4 votes needed to hammer (kill the player), then user x is at L-3.

7 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

It refers to the number of votes needed to lynch the given user. L-4 means 4 votes to lynch. If somebody votes user x, and it is 4 votes needed to hammer (kill the player), then user x is at L-3.

And safe to assume that we're encouraged to try to convince other players who they should vote for?

@Bertie Wooster would you rather I PM you N00b questions or post them here for everyone to see?

15 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

THE RULES, BRIEFLY:

No editing your posts.

No talking Out Of Thread unless you are able to do so. As I mentioned, Mafia can communicate during the night phase via nightchat.

You may quote (or pretend to quote) Moderator PMs.

Don't spectator-post or like. This means don't post in the thread or even give a "reaction" to a post if you're not playing the game.

Don't post after hammers or daykills. I may not post immediately after "hammer" (when the required number of votes has been cast on one player). If I, or another player, declares "hammer" then please stop posting.

Don't post after dying.

Don't fake day actions. You're allowed to lie about your role, but pretending to use a special ability that you don't actually have, is going too far.

DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS.

DON'T TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD!

What GNIP said. Here's a little clarification on some of the rules...I think the rest are self-explanatory.

11 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

And safe to assume that we're encouraged to try to convince other players who they should vote for?

@Bertie Wooster would you rather I PM you N00b questions or post them here for everyone to see?

As a GM, I'm going to stay away from advice-giving responses, so I'll let someone else answer that one.

General questions like these can be posted in thread. You'll probably get a quick response from a veteran player.

Players can PM me anytime, but if I think the information is good for everyone to know, I may say "See thread" and post my response here in the thread. Obviously, if anyone wishes to keep their identity a secret (If they think a player is cheating, if they don't understand how their role works, etc.) they can PM me.