It's 1922, and we're in Hollywood. A well-known film director, William Desmond Taylor, has been found shot in the back in his bungalow. His killer(s) must have been on his film set at the time of the murder, but that doesn't narrow it down much. A scandal could be disastrous for the young film industry, which is already feeling pressure from temperance advocates and the Legion of Decency. Who could've killed him?

Sign-ups for a semi-open Mafia game. I am looking for 7-9 players. Anyone may join.

@clontroper5

@LTD

@The Jabbawookie

@PodRacer

@Madaghmire

@Caldias

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

@Matt3412

@Constantine Valdor

@ovinomanc3r

@CaribbeanNinja

@TheCallum

@Visovics

@Herowannabe

@EbonHawk

@Lord Preyer

@BlueSquadronPilot

Posted (edited)

Great. Signed up: Jabbawookie, clontroper5, GNIP, Matt3412, LTD, FortyInRed. I think a few more people might be interested in playing if they check the forum (Mad, Pod, etc.). 

As long as we have at least 7, I'll start Monday at the latest. (Famous last words...)

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Thanks for thinking of me! I have only a passing understanding of how this game works but would like to learn

Broadly speaking, there is a day phase and a night phase. Most players are town, but a few players are secretly scum/Mafia. During the day phase, all players may vote for someone to kill. Majority wins. During the night phase, scum can secretly communicate via Google Doc and decide who to kill during the night. Town wins if all scum are eliminated, and scum wins if there are no threats to scum. 

There are special roles as well. I'll get into that later. 

There are also some important rules, like "don't edit your post," which I will post once the game begins. Read them carefully; there can be consequences for breaking them.

(I am the GM, so I can edit my posts as much as I want.)

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Posted (edited)

As we wait for more people to (hopefully) sign up, let's go over the possible roles. You may ask questions about the roles here in this thread. This is a semi-open game, which is why I say "possible roles." Not every role will necessarily be used, and I won't tell you how many people share the same role. But if you are playing, you will receive a PM with one of these roles.

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Mafia Goon. Your partner is [Player Name]. You or your partner may kill one player each night phase with the #kill function. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Mafia X-Shot Strongman. Your partner is [Player Name]. [X number of times] per game (during the night phase), you may #obliterate another player with the #obliterate function. This kill overrides protection from doctor, babysitter, jailkeeper, etc. You or your partner may #kill one player each night phase with the #kill function. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player], you are a Mafia Roleblocker. Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player], you are a Mafia Bus Driver. Each night, you may choose to switch two players each night. Any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Vanilla Town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Tracker. Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any). You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Doctor. Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. You can self-protect once per game. You cannot target the same player two nights in a row. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town X-Shot Vigilante. [X number of times] (during the night phase), you may #kill another player with the #kill function. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Babysitter. Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to #babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you. You cannot self-protect. You cannot target the same player two nights in a row. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Jailkeeper. Each night, you may jailkeep a player in the game by sending a PM to the mod. You will simultaneously roleblock that player, and protect that player from any number of nightkills. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

All PMs have been sent.  Post ##role confirmed upon receiving your role.

To vote, type ##vote [player name].  To unvote, type ##unvote [player name].  To change your vote, unvote before revoting.

THE RULES, BRIEFLY:

No editing your posts.

No talking Out Of Thread unless you are able to do so.

You may quote (or pretend to quote) Moderator PMs.

Don't spectator-post or like.

Don't post after hammers or daykills.

Don't post after dying.

Don't fake day actions.

DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS.

DON'T TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD!

GxvmhDT.jpg

Rules shall be enforced with a general warning the first time they are broken, then a modkill. Unless the breach is serious in which case modkill comes instantly.

Day 1 begins; days are 48 hours long, and it will end at 6:00 PM EST.  Nights are 24 hours long.

Ladies and gentlemen, I’m afraid there has been a murder. Just an hour ago, I heard what sounded like a gunshot, while I was on the telephone with Paramount. I checked on our film director to ask what happened, and found him shot in the back. My telephone call should provide myself with a strong alibi, but I don’t know about the rest of you. At least one of you must be responsible for his death. It’s possible that the Mafia had something to do with this. In that case, I’d rather not get the police involved, as the Mafia have their hooks in the local police force. I commission you all to find the murderer(s) and bring him (or her, or them) to justice.