Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Will you run Rebel Beef If It Doesn't Include Leia?

I was running a U-Wing + X-Wing build before the points change, and my favorite list can take Leia currently but doesn't have to.  The list runs Cassian and Jan Oars, as the interaction there can be leveraged quite well.

I see a lot of Rebel 2-3 ships becoming viable:

Han/Luke

Dash/Corran

Hera/Jake/Sabine

Lando/anything (maybe 3 ships TBH)

Hatin' Kanan/Senszra/Ace

I plan to continue flying U-Wings and X-Wings, adding in the occasional A/Y/Auzzie as the list demands. Falcon would be fun to fly though, especially Lando.

I'm also hoping points drop more for low-I large-ships as the upper named ones don't need nearly as much help (Hera/Lando/Han/RAC are very close to viable as-is)

Edited by ClassicalMoser

6 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I see a lot of Rebel 2-3 ships becoming viable:

Han/Luke

Dash/Corran

12 minutes ago, Alpha Kenny Buddy said:

Also Dash + Corran are currently at 204 for ideal build. Hoping for that drop for the big ship build :D

nooooo 2 ship lists are the enemy

make it stop

12 minutes ago, svelok said:

nooooo 2 ship lists are the enemy

make it stop

2-ship lists must require careful play and be badly punished for wrong moves. They must offer counterplay and difficult choices to both players that they have full agency over.

With those conditions met, I would love to see 2-3 ship lists become viable. I'd also like to see 5-ship and 7-8 ship lists viable too. Seems everything is 4 and 6 nowadays.

42 minutes ago, Alpha Kenny Buddy said:

Also Dash + Corran are currently at 204 for ideal build. Hoping for that drop for the big ship build :D

I disagree that any 2-ship list could be considered beefy, but I am curious what your 204-point build is.

Also, anyone else think the Outrider title is stupidly overcosted? There's no way it should cost more than 10 points at the very most.

Edited by StriderZessei

12 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

2-ship lists must require careful play and be badly punished for wrong moves. They must offer counterplay and difficult choices to both players that they have full agency over.

With those conditions met, I would love to see 2-3 ship lists become viable. I'd also like to see 5-ship and 7-8 ship lists viable too. Seems everything is 4 and 6 nowadays.

My favorite squad that I faced last weekend at the Seattle System Open was a 2-ship list consisting of a 104-point Guri and a 71-point Fenn Rau. It beat my own 2-ship list (RAC/Whisper) by a single point.

It was just so, so glorious.

18 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

^ I might come off as abrasive on allot of things but this you and I are in agreement on. :)

You dont need Leia. Rebels can survive without her. The list has enough leftover points so the 4th ship is still pretty darn good, like an Arvel or Jake, or double tap Ywing instead of Ten Numb and swarmtactics/selfless/crackshot.

If anything, I think the list evolves into AP-5 + Leia and a meaner third heavy hitter ship:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

AP-5 (32)

Norra Wexley (41)
Crack Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)

Braylen Stramm (47)
Total: 193

7pts for leia and ship increases?

33 minutes ago, wurms said:

You dont need Leia. Rebels can survive without her. The list has enough leftover points so the 4th ship is still pretty darn good, like an Arvel or Jake, or double tap Ywing instead of Ten Numb and swarmtactics/selfless/crackshot.

If anything, I think the list evolves into AP-5 + Leia and a meaner third heavy hitter ship:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

AP-5 (32)

Norra Wexley (41)
Crack Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)

Braylen Stramm (47)
Total: 193

7pts for leia and ship increases?

AP-5 with Braylen is a stroke of genius. No idea why I never thought of it; it's incredible.

3 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

AP-5 with Braylen is a stroke of genius. No idea why I never thought of it; it's incredible.

Not my idea. @MegaSilver took him with Luke,Wedge,Braylen to top 8 in atlanta. But yes, quite incredible

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I ran a version of it before the points change, I also did a Wedge AP5 Cassian Jan list. AP-5 is a terrific little ship.

Yes, please shoot at it and not Wedge or Jan

1 minute ago, millertime059 said:

Yes, please shoot at it and not Wedge or Jan

Well, it dies to 1-2 shots though. :(

A little more survivability would be nice, but the utility is definitely there. I try to hold him back out of range when possible. With Braylen it probably isn't.

12 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Well, it dies to 1-2 shots though. :(

A little more survivability would be nice, but the utility is definitely there. I try to hold him back out of range when possible. With Braylen it probably isn't.

He lags. Range 2 is large enough, and he moves before everything else, that I can coordinate a ship that ultimately ends at range 1, or even flanking and out of arc, while AP-5 remains safely outside of range 3. Then next turn he scoots in as far as he can, coordinates again, and hopefully Wedge and Jan kill whatever is threatening him before it shoots.

6 hours ago, shadowswalker said:

My son will continue to run his Wedge, Biggs, Dutch, and Thane list as long as the points don't change too much.

This is super smart, Meta-wise. 

T65s and Y-Wings are the least likely to be scathed in the waves of points rebalancing since they are cornerstone ships. 

Same with TIE/ln. 

All other ships in every other faction are rather balanced with these core ship archetypes in mind. 

If I wanted to stay really sharp with something and never wanted to worry if my squad was legal... I'd run core ships. 

I personally think AP-5 with Leia is a better build than Cassian.  A few extra points for the beef, and you don’t have to maneuver around a medium base ship in the middle of your squad. AP-5’s ability is more functional than Cassian’s for the B-Wings, and often you want to keep the stress when the fighting’s tight and and your B-Wings are bumping.  The 3 dice from the U-wing are nice, but if you’re using your action to coordinate, the offensive loss isn’t that big.

AP-5’s survivability is surprisingly good; five health/two green always at range 2-3 lives about as well as a sometimes two green medium base that drives right up in the enemy’s face. 

My my two cents anyway.