railwayman001

Why is Wave IV Taking So Long to Be Released All of a Sudden?

17 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

July 11th, as mentioned on Mynock FB page, by an Aussie. Its in the Quickbuild post.

I can second that. I am an Aussie and my local FLGS has been asked to remove wave IV until July 11th. 

38 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

My issue isn’t the moved release date. **** happens. It’s the complete lack of communication. Just talk with your customer base. That’s all. It is so easy to do. 

Hehe, talking with a customer base when they failed to relay a month long delay to their distributors.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AceWing said:

Who cares? I'm glad it's delayed. They're releasing waves too fast anyway. 

Awesome attitude! I bet you play Rebels or Imperials. There are 4 factions out there who need more ships to be A) Fun and B) a bit less basic. Nobody said you have to buy anything, but people like me who enjoy the FO and the Republic could do with a bit more flavour to the list building part of the game.

Edited by Archangelspiv

2 hours ago, Innese said:

There is a stream about the points changes on June 25th. Chances are we get them then.

Hopefully they’ll go ahead and release points of the new Wave since we’re having wait. 

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

So wtf is the point of the live stream on the 25th when they're supposedly supposed to answer questions about the new points???

I guess technically they can do a points change for already-released ships. The new wave isn’t a “change” exactly.

11 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

So wtf is the point of the live stream on the 25th when they're supposedly supposed to answer questions about the new points???

The point is to answer questions, I'd argue there are more questions now that there would be if the points were known.

I would definitely like more communication when street dates slide.  It's going to happen.  Would just like official word instead of sniffing out rumors over the internet.

Also, what happens to the wave 4 stuff that got priced incorrectly?  I'm afraid World's will include either nothing from wave 4 or be dominated by wave 4.  

I think FFG needs to admit that new releases need a couple months in the wild as a beta test and simply schedule a price adjustment for all new expansions about 60 days after release.

4 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I think FFG needs to admit that new releases need a couple months in the wild as a beta test and simply schedule a price adjustment for all new expansions about 60 days after release.

I think this is a really great idea. The one challenge I see is that new waves still need to be allowed in competitive tournaments to truly understand what needs to be adjusted (if anything). In System Opens and Hyperspace trials, we can see what they do against other top players and top lists. Otherwise, I'm not sure you'll get enough relevant data to justify any adjustments.  I'm sure there's a solution though.

I could see the argument of not allowing new stuff at Worlds, but based on the current information, we should still have about 90 days between Wave IV release and Worlds. Should be enough time to make adjustments heading into Worlds. 

honestly the delay in release has triggered a loss of interest in playing right now... I was hoping the N1 would spark some ambition to fly Republic (I've been very underwhelmed with the faction), and the new toys in general just sparking some creative fun. At this point I've flown almost everything I've been wanting too thats released, found my primary list, and everything just feels stagnant. Was really looking forward to getting the new stuff this month.