railwayman001

Why is Wave IV Taking So Long to Be Released All of a Sudden?

Why is Wave IV of X-Wing 2.0 taking so long to be released all of a sudden? They announced that it would be released on June 6th, but after the previews for the first two ships in this wave (the Separatist Alliance Hyena-class bomber droid from the Clone Wars TV show and the Naboo starfighter from the prequel trilogy) they just fell silent, and the wave's ships weren't released yesterday. In fact, they edited both previews' texts to omit where they said the ships would be released yesterday. I don't want to contact FFG directly about this because they only announce release dates via news releases, but it's so weird that it's now taking longer all of a sudden to have all the specific ships of this wave released. I mean, they said this quarter of the year (April-June) would be when Wave IV's ships would be brought out, but it's already June and they haven't made any specific announcement, not even on their Twitter or Facebook pages. Furthermore, I looked at the "Upcoming Products" page and two of the ships from Wave V (specifically the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced from the Rebels TV show and the M3-A "Scyk" interceptor from the Legends canon) are already being listed as "On the Boat." This is the case even though they have no previews, Wave V is supposed to be released after Wave IV with the other Wave V ships still listed at this moment as "In Development," and no ships from Wave IV are listed as "On the Boat" just yet. They're all still being listed as "At the Printer." To add onto the weirdness, the Millennium Falcon's expansion pack is not with any of the Wave IV ships at the "Upcoming Products" page. Any comments on this?

Alright first things first, NEVER trust FFGs Upcoming page unless it says "Shipping Now". The page is poorly maintained where stuff goes from In Development to Shipping Now. Also not everything is on the page at times.

The same day the N1 article came out or the next day they edited out the June 6th release date. On their Facebook page I think someone asked about it and they said it was delayed. They didn't specify how much though. This isn't the first time delays has happened really for the game, Wave 2 was released about 2 weeks early in United Kingdom I think and Wave 3 had certain expansions shipping a week or two later after the other ones came out in some countries.

Apparently Australia has gotten their expansions and have been posting pictures and unboxing videos online. Which if Wave 2 is any indication, Wave 4 is about 2 weeks away from release. 3 weeks maybe if they want to time it when new points are supposed to drop on June 25th.

Posted (edited)

FFG never really comments on the reasons why things get delayed, so don't expect an official answer.

My current theory is that there has been a delay in shipping between the printers (in China) and FFG's main distribution network based in the US. The Australian distributor most likely receives their shipments straight from China (no point transporting them over the Pacific Ocean twice), so they received their supply 'on schedule'. The rest of the world, however, receives their supplies via FFG in the US, meaning any delay in the product reaching the US is passed on down the chain.

Why the delay has occurred? Who bloody knows. My money is on a group of attention-starved madmen (AKA the Armada playerbase) raiding the container vessel Wave 4 was on in a SSD-expansion induced frenzy....

Edited by AceDogbert

55 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

FFG never really comments on the reasons why things get delayed, so don't expect an official answer.

My current theory is that there has been a delay in shipping between the printers (in China) and FFG's main distribution network based in the US. The Australian distributor most likely receives their shipments straight from China (no point transporting them over the Pacific Ocean twice), so they received their supply 'on schedule'. The rest of the world, however, receives their supplies via FFG in the US, meaning any delay in the product reaching the US is passed on down the chain.

Why the delay has occurred? Who bloody knows. My money is on a group of attention-starved madmen (AKA the Armada playerbase) raiding the container vessel Wave 4 was on in a SSD-expansion induced frenzy....

I know there is stock already with the distributor in Europe, so it's probably not a shipping issue this time.

2 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

There's probably also some influence from the numerous political issues that are currently affecting the US and China's trade relationship.

2 hours ago, BDrafty said:

Blame the Tariff Sheriff; it's already out in other countries.

The proposed tariff that will affect us (gaming merchandise) isn’t going to even begin talks until June 17th. (Although I expect a swift decision). This shouldn’t have an effect on wave 4 before then because it would be beneficial to release the wave and not have to pay the tariff should it pass. This tariff will affect wave 5 however. 

Its more than likely just the usual boat shenanigans, or asmodee distribution made an oopsiee again.

8 hours ago, railwayman001 said:

Any comments on this?

Yeah, it could be worse. The Rise of the Seperatists RPG book was announced back in August of 2018. Last article for that book came out in December. The book was released on May 9th with no news till then about why it was delayed for so long.

Posted (edited)

US Ports are a big mess right now for boats and shipments form China, with a lot of political elements contributing to a big mess.  This ultimately stems from the Trump-China trade-disputes and blustery posturing going on at the moment.

As far as I know, I've heard other countries have Wave 4 already at their distributors without any issues.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

37 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

US Ports are a big mess right now for boats and shipments form China, with a lot of political elements contributing to a big mess.  This ultimately stems from the Trump-China trade-disputes and blustery posturing going on at the moment.

As far as I know, I've heard other countries have Wave 4 already at their distributors without any issues.

This.  It isn’t just tariffs, it could also be something as petty as a directive (unofficial or not) that CBP carefully inspect ships from China.  Also, if those ships are also carrying items already subject to tariffs, that could slow down everything.

10 hours ago, railwayman001 said:

Why is Wave IV of X-Wing 2.0 taking so long to be released all of a sudden?

Because FFG hates us. Especially the Aussies because they were allowed to have their goodies, just not play with them.