Sign in to follow this  
Marzaums

No premium kit for armada

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

At least they didn't say "ever."

Yeah they did leave the door open but still not good for game that wants support. 

catch 22 isnt it.....

not enough people playing so they dont invest the time and money in to the game... either expansions or organised play kits.... which means people dont get in to playing the game.....

Recent developments indicate to me that FFG thinks of Armada less as a competitive game and more as thematic or casual. Campaign boxes and Sector Fleet rules, not to mention half of the SSD offerings, fall outside of the usual tournament or competitive ruleset.

I think they determined this is how they envision the game surviving since they can't or won't keep up with a release schedule and OP support for it as a full on competitive game.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, ndogg229 said:

This is very disappointing. I wonder if they're having to make some hard decisions with the tariff situation though? That could also explain why we haven't heard any more information about any new releases. 

I mean, could be that.  Or it could be the case that ever since the Asmodee merger FFG hasn't cared about supporting Armada, likely because it's not as beneficial to their bottom line as the flagship products.  The tariff stuff has little impact on FFGOP kits (which have been and could be printed in-house without overseas production), not to mention that Armada has been relegated to silence and the back-burner well before the trade-war stuff started.  Besides, it also wouldn't explain why the other flagship lines are getting premium tournament kits still.

I think it requires a lot less mental gymastics to simply explain this as Exhibit 247 in the case that post-merger FFG is not interested in Armada.

4 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

not to mention that Armada has been relegated to silence and the back-burner well before the trade-war stuff started.  

This is pretty accurate. I started playing around January of 2017 which wasright around when the CC came out and the arc/pelta. I was surprised to see the hammerhead/quasar announced as quickly as they were there after (2 or 3 months?) and then released 3 or 4 months after that. Lol then it was over a year before our next (and last) release. it feels like FFG decided to remove the focus/priority from armada in late 2017, not sure why. 

4 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

not sure why. 

Realistically? X-wing 2.0 and the launch of Legion undoubtedly took up the majority of their resources. 

I didn't play a lot of X-wing at the time, but players were furious about the meta. Even competitive players were selling whole collections off to casuals or newbies. Then they had (apparently, I'm paraphrasing what I heard from other players) announced an errata that basically hole punched upgrade slots off the jumpmaster. It was a mess from what I heard. Needed fixed from the ground up. 

Legion needed a lot of love out the gate too. Trying to compete with GW out the gate means that the release schedule has to be rapid. 

Armada will pick back up soon. 

17 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Realistically? X-wing 2.0 and the launch of Legion undoubtedly took up the majority of their resources. 

I didn't play a lot of X-wing at the time, but players were furious about the meta. Even competitive players were selling whole collections off to casuals or newbies. Then they had (apparently, I'm paraphrasing what I heard from other players) announced an errata that basically hole punched upgrade slots off the jumpmaster. It was a mess from what I heard. Needed fixed from the ground up. 

Legion needed a lot of love out the gate too. Trying to compete with GW out the gate means that the release schedule has to be rapid. 

Armada will pick back up soon. 

But then how will the nerds complaiiiiiiin?

And since you can't show it without getting pinged, have a like for The Image.