meffo

rules reference update!

32 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Mostly pretty standard new stuff updates. The only actual resolution is the update to paying costs to mean that Yushyn Proach works.

Also means bugzappers cause damage now. :)

Nice!    So why don't they update buzz droid to state:   After moving through buzz droids and having them relocated, it a ship is moved due to an effect (Barrel Roll, or Tractor)  The Buzz droids stay where they are.

I cannot tell you how many times people ask about this.    

Thanks

11 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Nice!    So why don't they update buzz droid to state:   After moving through buzz droids and having them relocated, it a ship is moved due to an effect (Barrel Roll, or Tractor)  The Buzz droids stay where they are.

I cannot tell you how many times people ask about this.    

Thanks

Because "do what the cards tell you to do and don't do what the cards don't tell you to do" is the diamond rule of the game? They could clarify it's not necessary to lick the cards before activating the pilot too but, like, what's the point in stating every thing that's not supposed to happen?

Really,   I get that for some things it's over stated, but I had a Noob the other night,  who couldn't understand how barrel roll gets away from them.      Frankly,   The need to state it.    Cause other wise it's just not clear to people who are not experts with the rules.

6 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Really,   I get that for some things it's over stated, but I had a Noob the other night,  who couldn't understand how barrel roll gets away from them.      Frankly,   The need to state it.    Cause other wise it's just not clear to people who are not experts with the rules.

To be frank noobs keep on asking things like "can I attack at range 0?", "Can I perform the same action twice a turn?", "If I lost a shield am I damaged?"even though they are put out straightforward in the RR, so, with all due respect to newbies, they don't seem to read this document anyways in the first place. I don't think bloating it with answers to all weird questions one can come up with is going to answer anyone's needs.

If I am reading this correctly, does this mean that Black One+Static Discharge Vanes allows me to SLAM, gain the Ion token to remove the Disarm token, then gain a stress to transfer the Ion token onto someone else?

1 hour ago, Ryfterek said:

To be frank noobs keep on asking things like "can I attack at range 0?", "Can I perform the same action twice a turn?", "If I lost a shield am I damaged?"even though they are put out straightforward in the RR, so, with all due respect to newbies, they don't seem to read this document anyways in the first place. I don't think bloating it with answers to all weird questions one can come up with is going to answer anyone's needs.

Adding 1 line, does nothing to bloat this, plus I know regular players who have questions about it too.    Came up like 4 times during CAC, so yes a simple one liner that states if your moved off the template it stays would be a nice clarification.      

18 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Indeed.      Is a ship an Object?   Just asking cause this is one of the question I always get from my players.

Thanks,

Objects

Ships, obstacles, and devices are all OBJECTS. The exact position of objects in the play area is tracked and restricted by game effects.

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Mostly pretty standard new stuff updates. The only actual resolution is the update to paying costs to mean that Yushyn Proach works.

I dono, id  call this a resolution. 

Some abilities reference a ship’s revealed maneuver outside of that ship’s activation. A ship’s revealed maneuver is the maneuver selected on its dial, which remains faceup next to that ship’s ship card until the next Planning Phase.
◊ If a ship’s dial is not revealed, or it was not assigned a dial that round, that ship does not have a revealed maneuver.

5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

After months and months of the community asking them. When gas clouds are already everywhere the ruling on Yushyn -> Proach/Quinn finally comes :(

On 6/6/2019 at 10:42 PM, Hiemfire said:

Objects

Ships, obstacles, and devices are all OBJECTS. The exact position of objects in the play area is tracked and restricted by game effects.

Woa, that means I can LOCK a bomb/mine⁉️

Although one can’t shot obstacles  and devices...

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, Ryfterek said:

They could clarify it's not necessary to lick the cards before activating the pilot too but, like, what's the point in stating every thing that's not supposed to happen?

What? I've been wasting my time, then..... :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tellonius said:

If it's still around during your activation phase, then yes. With fuze tokens becoming a thing that's not unlikely.

Of course, as yet nothing happens if you do, but if they were to bring out some putative set of scenarios like the first edition scenarios, being able to lock satellites and so forth might be important, and it's not impossible to imagine some future pilot or upgrade with an ability along the lines of "bombs you have locked may not detonate".

4 hours ago, Tellonius said:

You always could, yes. Though it has not effect currently, its possible that could change in the future. This is why its actually kind of difficult to flat out Fail a lock action (even more so when devices are about). Its possible some kind of bomber ability could come out that says you ignore the effects of devices you are locking (unlikely, but possible). I think they (FFG) just wanted to do that to keep their options open. 

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

If it's still around during your activation phase, then yes. With fuze tokens becoming a thing that's not unlikely.

Um.. they are always around during activation. Bombs don't detonate until the end of activation. 

7 hours ago, Tellonius said:

You can shoot remotes, a type of device, which are only Buzz Droids and DRK-1 Probe Droids currently.

Because I'm a simple man I just want to make sure I have this example straight.  I have Kaydel Connix with Cova Nell and use Kaydel's ability to change my dial to a basic, white maneuver to the next highest speed.  Kaydel's card states to increase that maneuver's while you're executing the maneuver so it would be considered red and would gain a stress token when I move the ship.  However, by the time I'm rolling dice I would treat it as white for the purposes of Cova's ability right?

While you defend or perform a primary attack, if your revealed maneuver is red, roll 1 additional die.

After you reveal your dial, you may set your dial to a basic maneuver of the next higher speed. While you execute that maneuver, increase its' difficulty.

Correct, yes.  The revealed manoeuvre doesn't change, the difficulty when executing it does.