Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

So did Wave 4 release is some areas of world, but not others?

Posted (edited)

Just wondering?   I see lots of people across the sea.   (I'm in the US)    They have their stuff.    Don't tell me it's a Tariff thing either, because these deals were signed before the Tariffs were raised and thus would be at the old price.      Anyway just wondering?    Could people chime in if they have Wave 4 (Legally) and list where their from ?

Keeping a current list of Wave 4 Delivered Today:

Australia

Thanks

Eagletsi111

Edited by eagletsi111

4 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Just wondering?   I see lots of people across the sea.   (I'm in the US)    They have their stuff.    Don't tell me it's a Tariff thing either, because these deals were signed before the Tariffs were raised and thus would be at the old price.      Anyway just wondering?    Could people chime in if they have Wave 4 (Legally) and list where their from ?

Thanks

Eagletsi111

Also US here, from what I’m seeing its just Australia so far that got their Wave 4 today.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I don't think that's how this works

Maybe, but regardless,  we pay a heck of a lot of money,  and yes my business is affected by Tarrifs because of the change, but we still pay it and get our product to our customer on time, instead of hiding behind and excuse.

Anyway back on topic...

Edited by eagletsi111

4 minutes ago, Jarval said:

I think it's just Australia that got an early release

Technically they got it on time, since 6th June was the release date originally mentioned in one of the preview articles... but which has since been edited out! :o

It’s just that everywhere else has had the release date delayed...

That would only be true, if everywhere hadn't seen that the release date was June 6th.   If they had a website for each country and had only listed that for where they released then it would be true, but they don't

Anyway back on topic ...

I'm going to make a guess that Australia's distributor gets their consignments sent straight from China, rather than being shipped to the US and then shipped to the final destinations as it appears to be for the rest of the world. This means that if there was a shipping delay between printer and the US warehouse, it would hold up the release for everyone but the Aussies.

I would also make a guess that FFG might have forgotten this particular detail, so never told the Aussie Distributor (who I will assume is called Bruce) to hold off on shipping the product to retailers.

Just now, eagletsi111 said:

Can we please get back on topic here.     I don't believe the propaganda on the Tarrifs.   

So please just list countries that have gotten it legally today.

Thanks,

Australia, and possibly New Zealand if they have the same distributor.

46 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

Hopefully someone from New Zealand will chime in to confirm.

Thanks

Possible, but unlikely, as it's 0205 over there at the moment.

3 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

What do you mean? You said that it affects your business, and we all directly see the consequences.

Off topic:  However, we still got product to our clients on time even with the Tarrif hike.    Not going to speculate, but I think most companies are using it as an excuse and also a political belief on one side or the other.   

If you want PM me so this thread is not filled with off topic stuff.

Back on topic.

6 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

What do you mean? You said that it affects your business, and we all directly see the consequences.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

If I remember right Wave 2 dropped early in another country as well. Might have been Australia just like this time. 

If so does anyone remember how long it took everyone else to get Wave 2 after they did?

4 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

If I remember right Wave 2 dropped early in another country as well. Might have been Australia just like this time. 

If so does anyone remember how long it took everyone else to get Wave 2 after they did?

I think we got Wave 2 early here in the UK, although I can't remember by how much off the top of my head.  But we also had a weird split Wave 3 delivery, with a week's gap between the regular expansions and the squadron packs.

1 minute ago, eagletsi111 said:

Interesting, was it too weeks earlier than the actual stated release date?

I'm not sure there was an actual stated release date for them? IIRC it was the date the UK expected them, which is not necessarily the date the rest of the world was expecting them. However, the UK also experienced delays with some products from the last wave and got them after the US so I don't think there's much consistency in the delays/earliness.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Isn't it still entirely useless since the points haven't been released yet? What's the rush if nobody can play it for a few days/weeks yet anyway?

Good Point.   I forgot the points are not revealed yet.    Very Interesting.     Feel sorry for those Ausses who got their stuff and cannot use it, until FFG Allows.   It's like buyinga car, but not being able to drive it for a month until the Dealer says it's ok.    You can look at it, but not much else :) .     Almost Feels dirty to me

Edited by eagletsi111