Kaptin Krunch

New Resistance Cards are Combowing's return (Also new leak!)

Lolwut, It's the Resistance says "deploy within range 1 of any table edge"

Table, not play area, lol

Guess the fleeing rule is still in effect so you can't do anything too crazy or you'll be fleeing, but still.

Why are people freaking out about these cards? FFG has already shown they will price things into oblivion so they never see the light of day again. People should be more upset at the thought that they will potentially never use something that they purchased than having to deal with a combo for a few months.

14 minutes ago, Darth Ragnarök said:

I want to know what that new cannon upgrade from the transport is. Can somebody please post a picture

Autoblasters. My Googlefoo can't find an image but Hairy Nick touches on it here:

15 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Why are people freaking out about these cards? FFG has already shown they will price things into oblivion so they never see the light of day again. People should be more upset at the thought that they will potentially never use something that they purchased than having to deal with a combo for a few months.

I mean, pricing things into oblivion shouldn't even be necessary

Nevermind 1st ed ****, none of these cards outside the double crew, force giving Leia (which you can bet your *** will cost A LOT) even approaches Rebel Beef levels of synergy.

These are all transfers of resources you already have, as opposed to Cassian just blipping stress out of existence or the B-wings gaining mods out of stress. Only the two Leias really compare, and we already know one of them is 2 points (so far)

Not to mention that the U-wing is a far superior crew chassis than anything the resistance has because a.) it's got a very good, combat capable statline and b.) it's very affordable. 

if anything, these cards are a good sign that show FFG learning from their mistakes 

55 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Here ya go. From an old screen grab I took during an FFG Live.

2036455983_FFGLive_-_Twitch_-3_copy_2_png.png.85dd720f30c18852015c3c4bd5417564.png

What is this? An upgrade for Sycks?

I understand the reluctance to make cannons straight-up attack die increases, but plz FFG give me something that isn't useless on a bwing. How hard would it have been to just make this a bonus effect to a regular attack and scale its cost with attack value.

Edited by prauxim

31 minutes ago, prauxim said:

I understand the reluctance to make cannons straight-up attack die increases, but plz FFG give me something that isn't useless on a bwing. How hard would it have been to just make this a bonus effect to a regular attack and scale its cost with attack value.

B-Wing just needs a config for 2E Linked Battery (with a downside) and a cost increase. We never should have been able to get 4 in a list anyway.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

31 minutes ago, prauxim said:

Autoblasters is actually pretty interesting design space, where it’s not better than the primary EXCEPT when you fulfill conditions. That’s good design because they can price it low enough for actual use. 

I’m going to give it a go on Gunboats and see what I can do once prices are released. 

47 minutes ago, prauxim said:

You know what isn't useless on Bwings?

MOAR BWING

give the poor scyk its chance to do SOMETHING, dangit!

7 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

B-Wing just needs a config for 2E Linked Battery (with a downside) and a cost increase. We never should have been able to get 4 in a list anyway.

I mean, they need something thematic, there's a few threads and a lots of good suggestions.

I don't think its likely they'll move into the 50+ (cheapest generic + config) range though. People think crossing the 50pts threshold means you can make a ship a lot stronger but that's just not true as long as good 30-40pt support ships exist.

14 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Autoblasters is actually pretty interesting design space, where it’s not better than the primary EXCEPT when you fulfill conditions. That’s good design because they can price it low enough for actual use. 

I’m going to give it a go on Gunboats and see what I can do once prices are released. 

Yeah I do like the conditions, and the card overall for 2die ships, just wish it was setup so it could still be similarly useful on 3die ships, at an appropriatly scaled cost ofc.

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

You know what isn't useless on Bwings?

MOAR BWING

give the poor scyk its chance to do SOMETHING, dangit!

Ah right, let me go break off one of my b-wing s-foils. Folks get ready for the 4.89 Bwing meta.

Let's see how these upgrades points and how they actually work on the table before we decry them. Leia crew could very easily push towards 20 points, angled deflectors look like a very niche upgrade that a few ships can use well, but most won't need the upgrade, or there are better modification upgrades for that ship. 

Gonna state this here, because I'm not a generally optimistic guy and it's nice to change things up every now and then

I've already been VERY pleased by the prequel factions and their sexy new mechanics (and while force isn't exactly new, its implementation in the Aethersprite definitely is). They point to FFG's ability to keep this (now very long running) game fresh and interesting

These crew, but ESPECIALLY Holdo, seem to be continuing that trend. Holdo is so incredibly flexible (being able to support or take support from the rest of the squad) that she might single-handedly get me into the faction. Player decisions, away!!!!

So yeah, wave 4 seems neat

(Inb4 most broken wave since8)

Edited by ficklegreendice

3 hours ago, Rytackle said:

Are you kidding me? These are about as straight forward as they get. Read the rules. 

Stop the whining. Wait for points. I didn't hear these complaints with the grappling struts novel.

When podcasters jump on other podcasters... I smell popcorn.

1 hour ago, prauxim said:

It's not totally useless on a B-Wing. If you're attacking a fortified agile target from outside of their firing arc, especially if your attack is unmodified, then this cannon is going to give you a greater chance to put a hit through. Since it only goes to range 2, it may even help spare you from Selfless or Biggs, as they'll also need to be within range 2 for those abilities to work.

6 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

It's not totally useless on a B-Wing. If you're attacking a fortified agile target from outside of their firing arc, especially if your attack is unmodified, then this cannon is going to give you a greater chance to put a hit through. Since it only goes to range 2, it may even help spare you from Selfless or Biggs, as they'll also need to be within range 2 for those abilities to work.

Not sure that wording is totally right. It's a front arc attack, so I think it still counts as the same firing arc all the way out to R3 (they ruled this way in the case of Kanan's ability with Dorsal on the Ghost). I think Selfless and Biggs would still work, though evades wouldn't.

Then there's also the Marksmanship tax to pay...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

12 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Not sure that wording is totally right. It's a front arc attack, so I think it still counts as the same firing arc all the way out to R3 (they ruled this way in the case of Kanan's ability with Dorsal on the Ghost). I think Selfless and Biggs would still work, though evades wouldn't.

Yeah, you're right. There's no range limit on those abilities.

Another idea: Gavin + 3 Autoblaster B-Wings. Don't even need the bullseye or to pay the Marksmanship tax, just have the target in Gavin's arc and the B-Wings out of the target's arc and odds are, even with 2 dice, you'll be pushing 1-2 unblockable crits through.

4 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

Yeah, remember rebel leia? They priced her to Oblivion at.. Uhh...

2?

Wait...

28 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Those abilities just specify in arc. Biggs and Selfless say attack arc and an autoblasters Attack arc ends at range 2

3 hours ago, Rytackle said:

Are you kidding me? These are about as straight forward as they get. Read the rules. 

Stop the whining. Wait for points. I didn't hear these complaints with the grappling struts novel.

I'm not actually complaining aboyt the number of words on the card- That's comedy for the sake of emphasis.

I'm complaining about the tendency for abilities on pilots and upgrades to devalue dial choices, and that these cards are particularly potent in that regard.

I do not have confidence FFG will price these upgrades correctly (or the pilots)- They have a bad record of pricing low- stat support ships.

I did make these same complaints about Grappling Struts. **** Grappling Struts.