Kaptin Krunch

New Resistance Cards are Combowing's return (Also new leak!)

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

On the plus side: the resistance crew carriers are pretty bad? 

Good points, but it does sort of depend on how good the pod and transport the cards come in are... I'm guessing the transport can fit Leia? 

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

That makes the deflectores better for Rebels, particularly X, Y, U and B-wings. Hmmm.

The real Wookiees were inside us all along. 

Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

Hey you know what's great? This gives people that shield-angling they've been asking for since wave 2 of 1.0.

I ran a custom campaign with that once... basically spend shields to reinforce... it  kinda broke the game

hopefully that's not a bad sign for this... 

Just now, Kieransi said:

Good points, but it does sort of depend on how good the pod and transport the cards come in are... I'm guessing the transport can fit Leia? 

I'm going off YASB here, where it only has 1 slot. But I don't know how they know. If they are right, then no - only the Falcon.

3 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

Angled Deflector Vader. Yeeess.

I'm more thinking about Delta7B Anakin. Who has the added benefit of not changing his half points threshold. Sure, it costs the action. But only taking one damage per turn on your endgame ace with 3 force sounds pretty ok to me.

17 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I'm going off YASB here, where it only has 1 slot. But I don't know how they know. If they are right, then no - only the Falcon.

I'm more thinking about Delta7B Anakin. Who has the added benefit of not changing his half points threshold. Sure, it costs the action. But only taking one damage per turn on your endgame ace with 3 force sounds pretty ok to me.

Silly.

The pod can't fit Leia but you know **** well the shuttle itself can. How dumb would it be to release her on something that can't use her, despite...

unknown.png

THIS SCENE!?

Okay, those deflectors are....interesting.

Not certain how much play they'll see, mind you. Need to spend an action to Reinforce, and because it isn't red, a B-Wing can't use it to stress itself (Braylen cries salty, salty tears). Strapping it to a medium base ship feels like an odd choice, as most of them have reasonably poor dials and have other actions they'd rather take.

TIE/fo+Fanatical+Angled Deflectors? Reinforce EVERY TURN!

8 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

Okay, those deflectors are....interesting.

Not certain how much play they'll see, mind you. Need to spend an action to Reinforce, and because it isn't red, a B-Wing can't use it to stress itself (Braylen cries salty, salty tears). Strapping it to a medium base ship feels like an odd choice, as most of them have reasonably poor dials and have other actions they'd rather take.

TIE/fo+Fanatical+Angled Deflectors? Reinforce EVERY TURN!

Luke + Brilliant Evasion + Deflectors takes like 1 damage at R3.

1 hour ago, DarkArk said:

The only thing that gets me about deflectors is that the reinforce action on it probably should have been red. Though I'm betting it will be costed out of viability on most ships, and if it isn't it will be eventually. I can think of several ships it will be decent on, but reinforce tokens are fundamentally a losing proposition since they don't stop all damage. 

It's probably not simply because of the named B-wing. Would be discussing to get reinforced and proc their abilities at once.

8 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Why would anyone use a reinforce over say a focus?? Where would you actually find this useful? 

Do you have to have a shield to use this?? hahaha. 

Well, on something with low Agility that wants to survive a few attacks in a round... Like it was mentioned, mostly Republic arcs, maybe some Holdo shenanigans...
I don't think it will be THAT powerful, unless someone finds a broken combo of some sorts (I mean, who predicted Triple Upsilon, right?).

Reinforced Deflectors is interesting but I'm not sure it's going to be game-breaking. On something like a Y-Wing or an ARC it gives you more survivability but it massively reduces damage output if you're not taking a Focus. So you survive longer but output less damage. Obviously the points are the most important factor, but I think this is something a lot of people are going to try a few times and the reality is it'll be quite a niche upgrade.

As for the OPs initial complaint...yeah, not seeing it at all. Holdo is pretty wordy but the effect is interesting. The rest of them seem pretty clearly and concisely worded. I don't think it's part of a trend, it's just the nature of crew that they often have some weird effect that needs a lot of explaining and this release happens to be crew-heavy.

4 minutes ago, Rojek said:

Well, on something with low Agility that wants to survive a few attacks in a round... Like it was mentioned, mostly Republic arcs, maybe some Holdo shenanigans...
I don't think it will be THAT powerful, unless someone finds a broken combo of some sorts (I mean, who predicted Triple Upsilon, right?).

ArcNorra+Saw+Angled Deflectors? Keep something with Selfless (or Biggs) nearby, and that could take a fair bit of killing.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Why would anyone use a reinforce over say a focus?? Where would you actually find this useful? 

Do you have to have a shield to use this?? hahaha. 

Coordinate, as said above.*)

But even without coordinate, it depends on cost. Kihraxz fighters can take it, and take a shield upgrade, getting the shield back.

Two of these get additional dice when attacking and defending in special circumstances (Talonbane, Graz), one (Jostero) does double taps, thus suffering less from not having mods. And one is a troll, when fired upon in certain circumstances, Victor having reinforce adds insult to injury.

* Addendum: Also, Force, stuff like FCS, talents like Lone Wolf etc.

Edited by Managarmr
Addendum

Posted (edited)

My view on these spoiled cards (I don't care about the freaking amount of text, most of it looks like it is designed to make any sort of rules-lawyering invalid): 

Holdo- Not bad. I can see her being a useful way for ships that don't have an Evade action to get an Evade. Add in the fact that the receiving ship does not have to trade the token they have is very good for setting up a ship to have some double-mods. Price will be interesting. 

Resistance Leia- Very good, depending on price. Adds in a Force point, which is always nice, and gives a purple Coordinate. Takes up two crew slots and will probably be fairly expensive, so using her might be tricky- do you want to save the Force, use her ability on a friendly ship, or Coordinate? The options are very nice, so I expect the point price to be similar to Chancellor Sideous or Sloan. Very intrigued with her, as I don't know if I consider her better than Rebel Leia, but she allows for a lot of tactical flexibility.

Larma D'Acy- To be honest, I don't see her getting a ton of play unless she is super cheap or the transport has a horrendous dial. You get a free Coordinate action when you are stressed, and gain another stress. Its ok, not great. Edit- Totally misread that she could also Reinforce. Makes her much more useful than I originally thought.

Kor Sella- Obviously designed to pair with D'Acy, though she could be useful if we start to see more stress-giving mechanics. Unless you are running D'Acy, or really like running over Debris, she'll be a pass for most people.

PZ-4CO- I'm not really sure I'm reading the card right, but I thought that transferring a token meant that the ship doing said transfer had to have a token to give to the receiving ship. If that is the case rather than the card just outright giving a free token to a friendly ship, this is a lackluster card. If the transfer just gives away a free token, then this card is considerably better. Anyone have any insight into this card?

Overall, decent but not game-breaking. Prices will be the breaking point here. 

Edited by Ikka

7 minutes ago, Ikka said:

Kor Sella- Obviously designed to pair with D'Acy

Usually, the 'obviously designed to pair with' cards don't end up being played like that.

I'd wager it will go on Rey/Han without DAcy