Kaptin Krunch

New Resistance Cards are Combowing's return (Also new leak!)

Look at all of these god **** words. It's like the three R factions are trying to play a **** version of MTG- it's like a card game instead of something dial-centric. 

Inb4 these cards contain some underpriced degenerate nonsesne. It's going to be some sort of combo nonsense. 

there is so much text on Holdo that the font size is smaller to accomodate more text. 

Leia is just Rebel Leia but stronger and more flexible. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

? A link would be nice.

I'll get a photo shortly. It takes a shield and gives you reinforce on your bar. 

4 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

The entire Separatist faction has been worse than these few cards.

Of all words of tongue and pen- The saddest are these- Vultures are bad again. 

Edited by Kaptin Krunch

3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

OMG, reading is hard, you guys!

i am not saying that words are bad because reading is hard

i'm saying words are bad for the game because they devalue dials and make it closer to playing a card game.

X-wing is pretty **** as a card game. 

33 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

The entire Separatist faction has been worse than these few cards.

As I put my “ just learn to read lolz” trolling armor on,  just want to say this type of stuff can actually be a significant hurdle for new and perspective players.

No lie, the strut card or whatever for the vulture droids alone pretty much convinced me I didn’t actually want to buy back into the game like I thought I did a month or so ago. 

As a comparison, Magic has some lengthy card text, but unless you are talking about awful early magic designs, I have never had to read a card more than 3 times to understand what was happening. A big help comes from a lot of their key wording.

Let’s take Holdo here (not necessarily difficult to see how she works, but an easy example)-

Here is how the card could read with some simple key wording.

”Before you engage, SEARCH 2. Then EXCHANGE 1 with that ship. (Reminder text explaining key word)”

Now you might say the need for reminder text just makes it pointless to have the keywords. That’s wrong, because if you are NOT a new player or reading the card for the first, second or perhaps third time, you will know exactly what the card is doing by reading the first 9 words instead of having to scan all 42 of them. 

I know to many of you that may seem like a small thing. Perhaps even unnecessary. But I’m telling you- It’s things like this that make your game not only fun, but widely accessible.

Edited by Kdubb

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

You had me at "Leia gives Poe white K-Turns".

You doubly had me at, "I6 Han can have The Falcon with 3 force points and can coordinate Poe and give him a white K turn if they **** well please".

2 Force (Rey + Leia).

And if you need to do both a coord and a white 4k, you have no mods.

Not downplaying the combo, just correcting

4 minutes ago, SavouryRain said:

2 Force (Rey + Leia).

And if you need to do both a coord and a white 4k, you have no mods.

Not downplaying the combo, just correcting

I thought Rey added two? Ah well.

2 force falcon isn't bad. Mind you, one must consider whether or not Rey+Leia on Han is going to be worth it.

RESISTANCE SYMPATHIZER, HOWEVER...

6 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

As I put my “ just learn to read lolz” trolling armor on,  just want to say this type of stuff can actually be a significant hurdle for new and perspective players.

That’s wrong, because if you are NOT a new player or reading the card for the first, second or perhaps third time, you will know exactly what the card is doing by reading the first 9 words instead of having to scan all 42 of them. 

13 minutes ago, svelok said:

New players are smart enough to see a keyword and recognize the simplicity it will likely bring, even if they aren’t immediately able to reference it.

In my haste to post my unnecessarily lengthy rant, I definitely didn’t do a great job of indicating how key words get new players up to speed as well due to the “ah ha!” moments they get when they see new cards that share keywords with those they’ve already seen, so thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Kdubb