Sign in to follow this  
Mud Turkey 13

Question about the card Life For a Life...

The card says to "sacrifice a creature to deal 6 damage to a creature."

Since it doesn't say "sacrifice a friendly creature" can I sacrifice one of my opponent's creatures to deal 6 damage to a different one of their creatures?

Basically, I just want to make sure that "sacrifice" isn't limited to your own stuff.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, Palpster said:

You can only sacrifice cards you control according to the recently updated rulebook

For extra points, is a sacrificed creature 'destroyed'?

EDIT: And then I go check the rulebook which explains quite clearly that sacrificed creature are indeed destroyed triggering all destroyed effects.

Edited by Mr. K

One of my early AoA deck pulls features House Brobnar with the card "Might Makes Right" which lets you sacrifice creatures, and if you sacrifice creatures with a total power of 25 or more you forge a key at no cost. A very nice card especially since the deck has two copies of Lollop the Titanic in it.

Also in the deck is the Logos creature Archimedes, whose neighbors all gain "Destroyed: Archive this creature."

I only had one Lollop in play the turn I did it, but thanks to Archimedes that was a very fun turn!

14 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

One of my early AoA deck pulls features House Brobnar with the card "Might Makes Right" which lets you sacrifice creatures, and if you sacrifice creatures with a total power of 25 or more you forge a key at no cost. A very nice card especially since the deck has two copies of Lollop the Titanic in it.

Also in the deck is the Logos creature Archimedes, whose neighbors all gain "Destroyed: Archive this creature."

I only had one Lollop in play the turn I did it, but thanks to Archimedes that was a very fun turn!

Just got one with Lollop + The Flex and some cards that give +2 power to neighbors or +1 at the end of each turn. Seems like it could be fun.