Sign in to follow this  
bsmith23

Adapting a WEG Module

I'm planning on using the WEG module Domain of Evil with some changes.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Domain_of_Evil

Ventor will be a great Force Healer the crew needs to help a friend, and they need to find him, if he still exists (1ABY).  In the original adventure the PCS more or less randomly crash land on his planer, and I don't want to do that. They have access to the CotG Holocron, but it is still incomplete.  I figured it would know of his deeds during the Clone Wars, but nothing of his planet or where he might be.

So how can my players get clues as to his sanctuary. I can even move his location if I need to. 

Basically I just need to get them in the right direction and let the Force guide them...

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I'm pretty flexible with the Sense power (house rule:  it's a prerequisite for any other powers; personally I think it should come automatically with FR1).  Other powers like Foresee and Seek are more direct, but I let Sense stand in for some of that at a rudimentary level.  So you could use it like Enhance and let the PC add their Force dice to any of Cool, Discipline, Survival, Perception, or Vigilance.  It will at least let them know if they are going in the very right, or very wrong direction...the old "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Of course, this does allow you to stage things as you like...the Force "wills" it that you stumble across a nest of gundarks, because that's the best way to get his attention...  :ph34r:

- His sanctuary was a place he fought in the clone wars, which is how he knew about it, and by extension how the holocron knows

- The Dark Nexus was there for a long time and the Holocron does have fragmented information about it's location. Ventor's just in the wrong/right place at eh wrong/right time.

- Flip the stock story and instead of having the players crash there trying to escape a bounty hunter, instead have the players in pursuit of someone who flees there, thinking it to be a good place to lie low for a few days. (This would allow you to play the adventure almost as written). 

- The players tangle en media res with an inquisitor (or something) and get the planet's location as a lead on the inquisitor's (or something's) to-do list. They'd beter get going as the inquisitor (or something) is probably already going there.