Sign in to follow this  
Muramasa1021

Huge ships required?

So with Epic 2.0 coming, I have to ask: will the huge ships be required? Or can we just fill the points (however many it is) with star fighters? Because honestly, capital ships in 1.0 were ok, but didn't really hit me with the "wow" factor, so I never bought them. I just bought the cards off people who bought multiple ships and had extra Palpatine/C3PO.

7 hours ago, Muramasa1021 said:

So with Epic 2.0 coming, I have to ask: will the huge ships be required? Or can we just fill the points (however many it is) with star fighters? Because honestly, capital ships in 1.0 were ok, but didn't really hit me with the "wow" factor, so I never bought them. I just bought the cards off people who bought multiple ships and had extra Palpatine/C3PO.

So... No.

Epic has been separated from Huge ships. Epic is going to be large scale, or scenario styled play. They've got something special in mind for us there...

Huge ships are now going to be fully useable in standard 200 point games. They've announced this already. You can bring them out and use them in a pick up game easily, though they are not going to be tournament legal for any formal events. (Not going to stop me running a casual store kit with them though...)

Answer unclear at present.

Under the final official first edition Epic ruleset, at least one Huge ship was required per side.

Although home brew, field whatever you want as always I imagine.

But for the official rule set?  We're going to have to be patient.

Posted (edited)

But if you have no huge ships, the only thing Epic gives you is the ruleset and that "squadron movement ruler" kinda thing? Or will it bring something else?

Edited by LUZ_TAK

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, LUZ_TAK said:

But if you have no huge ships, the only thing Epic gives you is the ruleset and that "squadron movement ruler" kinda thing? Or will it bring something else?

The epic "box" will not include the huge ship conversions, apparently... so, based on what little we know, I'd lean towards the "something else." They've said scenarios would find a home in epic play.

Edit: For the record, we're venturing into speculation territory, including my own post here. Any post as to what is included may contain errors and omissions...

Edited by LagJanson