Bucknife

Quad T70s (Updated thread)

On 12/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, Bucknife said:

Anybody working on Quad T70's for the January 2020 point update? 

I'm really wanna try 3 Blacks with Tubbs (hopefully he goes down...)

Fingers crossed. 

I've flown four Black Aces with Heroic or Crack Shot, 3x Heroic Red Experts and Jess Pava with a BB Astromech, and what I call "Resistance 1234" - Rookie, Bastian, Jess, Wexley - took me to 3-3 and 45th place at PAX Unplugged.

I'm not sure all of the T-70s will come down in points, but I hope pilots like Seastriker and Jaycriss do.

17 minutes ago, Stryker359 said:

I'm not sure all of the T-70s will come down in points, but I hope pilots like Seastriker and Jaycriss do.

I agree. 

It's not that most of the pilots are the wrong price; it's mostly that that all their toys add up fast on a "quarter squad brawler" that's already priced in the premium category compared to their cousins, the t65s and Khiraxz fighters. 

Thought I'd bump this thread and see how my fellow T70 peeps are doing. 

Anyone flying/loving/hating "Thicc Reds" in season six (probably online because of COVID)? 

4 Heroic Reds with Hull Upgrades at 50 a pop

Others have used 73 pt Poe + 3 Blues ( @gennataos) at least to some success early in the season, if I recall. 

I've got a few games with Thicc Reds myself. 

I'd say they're a B-Tier...solid gateway list in the new meta. 

Extended is a whole different story. 

You're probably nixing Heroic and going Cracks on all 4 in extended if you're not running the Poe variant...

What are y'all thinking or digging lately? 

I've enjoyed Heroic Optics Reds.  Heroic is like half a hull upgrade.  Optics is like Outmaneuver (Outmaneuver Reds just don't proc enough, IMHO, but the passiveness of Outmaneuver is nice), if you're able to spend your focus offensively.  I like the way that Optics can punish someone for not forcing you to spend focus on defense.  Maybe it'd be better to focus on all defense like Hull/Heroic (half the point of a T-70 is that it's an absolute bear to try to kill), but Heroic/Optics feels nicely balanced to me.

Granted, most of the H/AO Reds I've flown have been two beside a loaded Rey.  Well, not exactly besides; split up some.  I figure the Reds have boost, so they can't too easily get stranded, but both of the halves of the list just have strong offense if uncontested.