Sign in to follow this  
12ozkrue

X-wing toolbox/carry case

So i've spent like an hour looking and can't find what it was....i was recommended a toolbox to carry my x-wing in and the thing does not have any labels on it and I have no idea where i had bought it since it was like 5 years ago..... i figured if i posted here someone would maybe recognize it and steer me in the right direction ....attached is a pic.... it opens on top with nice storage, 4 full size plastic trays (tackle box trays). 

thumbnail.jpg

tried, i even ordered one form home depot but it was a half size one, i had to take it back :(

i honestly dont even remember if i was directed to a foreign ebay seller or amazon it's been so long

Posted (edited)

Ignore this post, look at the next.

Unfortunately I can't say I recognize that either. Weird thing is the outside looks like a Stanley container but the trays inside remind me of Plano.

Edited by KiraYamatoSF

Personally I use Keter organizer boxes. They have two sections which makes for safe storage and transporting easy. I currently have 6 of them: 1 for scum and all my scum and generic upgrades, 1 for both prequel factions, 1 for both sequel factions, 1 for Rebel and 1 for Imperial. The last one I use to haul my list of the week and game materials to my game store.

Posted (edited)

That looks WHOLE lot like a Harbor Freight item. https://www.harborfreight.com/toolbox-organizer-with-4-drawers-68238.html

I have one, and it works great. The top compartment holds maneuver templates, range rulers, debris and other larger, misshapen items. The top tray I use for tokens and dice, and it works perfectly. The other trays I use for small base ship/pilot tokens, one faction per tray. I keep my ships on a shelf for all the world to see.

EDIT: I just looked, and the Harbor Freight box is about $10USD cheaper than the Amazon item. Other than that, they look almost identical. Also, Harbor Freight is in-store only for that item, so that might matter for you.

Edited by thomedwards

18 hours ago, LTuser said:

Nope..  Not recognizing that one.  Though in my local store, i see lots of folks using a fishing tackle box,

like 2eed61dc-bcf0-4e3e-991a-065b5efcc93e_1.9

or

5c880973-86f6-44f4-9d23-c6edb7248c24_1.3

The upper one is the one I’m using. Although I’m officially at capacity with it. 

Yea, if i had a chance to re-do how i store things, i might have gone with the bottom one (using the large containers vice medium ones), or better yet, something like  

black-husky-portable-tool-boxes-230381-e

4 hours ago, 12ozkrue said:

thank you, you guys are awesome it was the harbor freight one. just grabbed it today...... thanks so much, i knew someone would have an idea :)

On 6/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, heychadwick said:

Any names on the trays?  It could be a Plano, but maybe also Harbor Freight?   I don't recognize it.

Ha! I was right, then!  So glad we could help.