Sign in to follow this  
xero989

New FFG IP policy does it mean anything for us?

2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

And the SSD's been available for pre-order for, what, nearly 400 of those days?  LOL @ people who pre-ordered an SSD as soon as vendors listed them.  The inflation rate of the US dollar since then has been about 4.25%, meaning that the $165 put down in over a year ago would now have been worth $172.02 (not even factoring in the about $2-6 of interest (depending on one's rate) that the $165 would have made sitting in a mid-rate savings account during that time), meaning effectively that the price of the SSD is going up up up for anyone who pre-ordered early.  Caveat emptor.

I hadn’t thought about this and it’s legitimately hilarious.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

It's only been 495 days since the last Armada release 🤩

I hadn't even realized it's been so long. I unsubbed from all the main threads on here and stopped checking the forums regularly back in april, I'd be surprised if I'm on here once a week. 

The game is clearly going to be supported but that support is feels like how John Doe was keeping sloth alive in seven. lol it's weird that I'm still looking forward to the next release with next to no interest in playing the game currently. 

19 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

The game is clearly going to be supported but that support is feels like how John Doe was keeping sloth alive in seven. lol it's weird that I'm still looking forward to the next release with next to no interest in playing the game currently. 

Exactly where I'm sitting too. I know I had a big "I'm going to focus on the positive!" moment, but it only lasted two games. I am really hopeful that the new content:

1. Actually comes this year.
  2. Is GOOD. I mean REALLY good.

A good release could suck me right back in, where another delay or a poor "patch" could put my collection on eBay.

Speaking as a X-wing and Armada player.  I was so excited when FFG announced that they were going to do an official app with point changes from time.  But when the actual app came out, it is sort of terrible.  My definition of terrible is that there are several free x-wing list builders created by people who just wanted them to exist that have do considerable better.

It would be very sad if FFG went after squad builders even if they produce their own app, since I just don't have the confidence that it will be that good.