Duciris

Cycle V: The Dream-Eaters

1 hour ago, Val_Varis said:

I am quite sure it's gonna be Atlach-Nacha mainly because the cover art is Atlach-Nacha's art on Eldritch Horror. But then again... :P

True, but no big bads have made the cover of their cycle yet.  There's even a Cthulhu statue on TFA's deluxe.

yes but each time the art is used on a campaign. The art of TFA was based on the description of the temples in the novelle "the mound" which present kn'yan and yoth. There was statue of cthulhu and yig. More over, each time an ancient-one out of the main four ( cthulhu,hastur,yog,shub)  is used, they add an agents of ... set in the deluxe, like with yig and azatoth. So if Atlach-Nacha is the big-bad, we will have an Agent of Atlach-Nacha set. So, with spiders of Leng in it. And we already have the prove we will have those spiders of Leng. Look at the half-hide art in the middle on the annoucement, where are the art-prints. Then, go to the instagram of FFG. You must find it fast ;) So we already know we will at least have in the cycle one art of atlach-nacha, and at least two spiders of leng. Too much to be just accident. 

21 hours ago, CSerpent said:

True, but no big bads have made the cover of their cycle yet.  There's even a Cthulhu statue on TFA's deluxe.

You're right, but then again, I doubt they have an actual logic to the cover art.

Dunwich was the Horror

Carcosa was Carcosa

TFA was a Temple with statues

Circle Undone was a circle of mages

so maaaybe... :P first box with art of Ancient one? :P  

On 6/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, C2K said:

Would be nice to see Norman Withers in this grouping, but I would think Silas Marsh will be in the Innsmouth cycle that has to happen at some point. 

If there is a 6th investigator, it will be Gloria Goldberg for lore reasons or Agatha Crane,  both being Seeker. 

Someone somewhere did mention that both Silas and Norman could be Cthulhu-connected, but I think the Norman connection is slightly more nebulous.

On a 6th: we're pretty sure there isn't, as French FFG specifically mentions 5 investigators and 5 mini cards. 

I have one further small observation. In the French card fan, posted above, the survivor card has no xp markings, and indeed looks very similar to Blood-Rite, announced in Before the Black Throne, implying it's a bonded card. Hurrah for investigation!

15 hours ago, Val_Varis said:

You're right, but then again, I doubt they have an actual logic to the cover art.

Dunwich was the Horror

Carcosa was Carcosa

TFA was a Temple with statues

Circle Undone was a circle of mages

so maaaybe... :P first box with art of Ancient one? :P  

Definitely gotta agree with this; there's no specific rhyme or reason for the cover art of the deluxe boxes, but a picture already used for Atlach Nacha in other games in the Arkham Files games seems like a pretty unambiguous indication. I'm still holding out hope for multiple Ancient Ones, though (say, Atlach Nacha in the dreaming world and Hypnos in the waking world).

2 hours ago, zooeyglass said:

Someone somewhere did mention that both Silas and Norman could be Cthulhu-connected, but I think the Norman connection is slightly more nebulous.

On a 6th: we're pretty sure there isn't, as French FFG specifically mentions 5 investigators and 5 mini cards. 

The only Norman connection I can think of is that he's an astronomer with crazy theories about the stars, and the Stars being Right is a particularly Cthulhu-y thing (though it does apply to the mythos in general). Amanda Sharpe seems like an obvious Innsmouth/Cthulhu investigator, and she is definitely academic-themed.

The investigators that I recall with ties to R'lyeh and/or Deep Ones are Trish Scarbough, Amanda Sharpe and obviously Silas.  Right there we have a potential Seeker, Rogue and Survivor for a box if they do it that way.

Specifically Norman is upset that stars are going missing from the night sky.  Then he and his buddy figure out how to "split the angles".  TFA was already about traveling through time and space so I'd think so far that would have been the most logical place for him.  I suspect he'll just be added to a deluxe that needs another Seeker rather than released in a box because of a thematic tie.  I'd prefer they release him sooner rather than later.  Maybe we'll get bonus Seeker in the next cycle like Marie was a bonus Mystic this cycle.  It felt like it was way too long a wait for Marie from when she was previewed.  Doubly hard since you couldn't get a Marie preview card after that preorder deal was over.  At least for Silas and Norman these books are being reprinted.

Could be that the cover art of Atlach Nacha is a red herring and the big bad is actually Hypnos. Or both. Remember, this cycle is supposedly 2 campaigns, which means we need two bosses

3 hours ago, Allonym said:

Definitely gotta agree with this; there's no specific rhyme or reason for the cover art of the deluxe boxes, but a picture already used for Atlach Nacha in other games in the Arkham Files games seems like a pretty unambiguous indication. I'm still holding out hope for multiple Ancient Ones, though (say, Atlach Nacha in the dreaming world and Hypnos in the waking world).

But then again, the Dunwich Horror was pretty unambiguous, too! 

I would be excited with double Ancient Ones but each for 4 might be difficult for them to properly flesh out each "path". But FFG has surprised me many times with what they have planned so.. perhaps they'd do something spectacular again :P 

8 minutes ago, Val_Varis said:

But then again, the Dunwich Horror was pretty unambiguous, too! 

I would be excited with double Ancient Ones but each for 4 might be difficult for them to properly flesh out each "path". But FFG has surprised me many times with what they have planned so.. perhaps they'd do something spectacular again :P 

And then we fought the Dunwich Horror! Or like...The Dunwich Horror 2.0, several times.

I think they'll be fine fleshing out ancient ones in 4 stories, if they are smart about it. TFA has Yig as a secondary antagonist and at least 3 of the scenarios are a complete waste of time in terms of progressing the story and it still works. The Core Set has an ancient one in 3 scenarios (albeit very rushed). And the standalones manage it in even less...

There's no doubt A-N will appear.  I just wonder whether it will be the big bad or as some lesser role.  Same with Nyarly.  The descriptions so far have me picturing almost a Dark Tower kind of story, with something (the titular Eaters) destroying everything.

20 minutes ago, Allonym said:

And then we fought the Dunwich Horror! Or like...The Dunwich Horror 2.0, several times.

I think they'll be fine fleshing out ancient ones in 4 stories, if they are smart about it. TFA has Yig as a secondary antagonist and at least 3 of the scenarios are a complete waste of time in terms of progressing the story and it still works. The Core Set has an ancient one in 3 scenarios (albeit very rushed). And the standalones manage it in even less...

I have forgotten about that! Mmm, I want more news! :P

Posted (edited)

I could definitely see Atlach Natcha being a secondary issue.  Maybe you use her web to enter the Dreamland, and need to stop her from completing her web and ending the world. Though it's also possible she's just angry at the intrusion of you using her web or she's doing the bidding of some greater force like Abhoth.  It would be awesome to get Atlach Natcha and Abhoth in one campaign. 

I struggle with Hypnos and what kind of plot would surround him as the main antagonist.  I think Hypnos is more interesting as a problem in the waking world.  Maybe a cult of Hypnos that deals in drugs that help people Dream or something like that.

I expect the dream portion of the campaign to at least be slightly Dreamquest inspired considering we see cards for Zoogs, Cats and the High Priest.   Though what the actual goal is for the quest will probably be different.  If we are going to Leng maybe it is to stop Atlach Natcha from completing her web.

Edited by phillos

Hypnos is one of the antagonist possibilities in Eldritch Horror; there, he is essentially causing global disruption and harm by drawing sleepers into his realm of madness, and slowly manifesting into the waking world via phenomena like the Corona Borealis. I would imagine the storyline for the LCG might be something like Hypnos is manifesting in the waking world, possessing dreamers, spreading madness and causing disastrous supernatural phenomena, and you have to counteract all these bad things and ultimately put a stop to it at its epicentre, while in the Dreamlands, you investigate what has roused Hypnos and discover that Atlach-Nacha, the Dreamweaver is merging the waking world and the dreamlands into one coterminous plane so that the horrors and gods of dreams can invade and conquer the earth. So defeating Atlach-Nacha is how you put a stop to what's happening, but you also have to propriate or drive back Hypnos to undo the damage already done.

Or it could just be Atlach Nacha both times with dreamy horrors on the one side and spidery monsters on the other. I love me some spiders...

18 minutes ago, Eldan985 said:

Using the web to sneak into the dreamlands could be a fun scenario. Being sneaky for once, trying not to get AN's attention.

I once ran a Delta Green game that ended up a bit like this. One player is arachnophobic, it was intense!

6 hours ago, zooeyglass said:

I have one further small observation. In the French card fan, posted above, the survivor card has no xp markings, and indeed looks very similar to Blood-Rite, announced in Before the Black Throne, implying it's a bonded card. Hurrah for investigation!

I was just tripping to it being a bonded card!

I've updated my list to reflect myriad and five investigators, but the numbers still aren't clear. I'll update as we learn more.

1 Guardian investigator
2 Seeker investigator
3 [that one we know about]
4 Luke Robinson
5 Survivor investigator

6 guardian sig 1
7 guardian sig 2
8 seeker sig 1
9 seeker sig 2
10 rogue sig 1
11 rogue sig 2
12 rogue sig 3?
13 Gate Box
14 Detached from Reality
15 Dream-Gate

16 survivor sig 1
17 survivor sig 2

18 guardian 1
19 guardian 2
20 guardian 3 [myriad]
21 seeker 1 
22 seeker 2 
23 seeker 3 [myriad]
24 rogue 1
25 rogue 2
26 rogue 3 [myriad]
27 mystic 1
28 mystic 2 
29 Open Gate [myriad]
30 survivor 1
31 survivor 2 
32 survivor 3 [myriad]
33 bonded 1
34 bonded 2
35 bonded 3
36 bonded 4
37 bonded 5 [maybe??]
38 basic weakness??

39 scenario card for scenario 1
40 agenda 1 Journal through the gates

I think it is more likely that some classes get 4 offs with the myriad keyword and other classes get 2 offs with 2 bonded cards each. I find it highly unlikely for them to print 3offs

51 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Interesting side-note, 3rd edition is seeing a scenario based on Tsathoggua. He has not been forgotten apparently.

Thanks for teaching me how to spell Tsathoggua.

It is also releasing 4 investigators:

• Diana Stanley the Redeemed Cultist
  • Kate Winthrop the Scientist
  • Roland Banks the Fed
  • "Skids" O'Toole the Ex-Convict

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Duciris said:

Thanks for teaching me how to spell Tsathoggua.

It is also releasing 4 investigators:

• Diana Stanley the Redeemed Cultist
  • Kate Winthrop the Scientist
  • Roland Banks the Fed
  • "Skids" O'Toole the Ex-Convict

Speaking of other Arkham Files and announced investigators, they just added an article on a new Mansions of Madness expansions Path of the Serpent.  It is bringing the following 4 investigators the last 3 I love playing in the LCG and Noman is my favorite to play in AH3:

• Daniela Reyes the Mechanic
  • Leo Anderson the Expedition Leader
  • Norman Withers the Astronomer  (Hurray!!!)
  • Ursula Downs the Explorer

So that means it's time we update our Who Can Be Played Across All the Arkham Files Games

Investigator Occupation Arkham Horror 2e Arkham Horror 3e Eldritch Horror Elder Sign Arkham Horror LCG Mansions of Madness 2e
"Ashcan" Pete the Drifter AH01: Core Promo EH08: Cities SL05: Core AHC02: Dunwich  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
"Skids" O'Toole the Ex-Convict AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB04: Dead of Night EH04: Strange SL16: Gates AHC01: Core ---
Agatha Crane the Parapsychologist --- --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh --- MAD20: Core
Agnes Baker the Waitress AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB01: Core EH03: Mountains SL17: Ice AHC01: Core MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Akachi Onyele the Shaman AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH01: Core SL16: Gates AHC11: Carcosa MAD23: Beyond the Threshold
Amanda Sharpe the Student AH01: Core --- EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Bob Jenkins the Salesman AH01: Core --- EH08: Cities SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Calvin Wright the Damned Promo AHB01: Core EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AHC19: Age ---
Carolyn Fern the Psychologist AH01: Core --- EH07: Dream SL05: Core Novella/AHC29: Circle  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Carson Sinclair the Butler --- --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh --- MAD20: Core
Charlie Kane the Politician AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH01: Core SL17: Ice --- MAD26: Sanctum of Twilight
Daisy Walker the Librarian AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL19: Deep AHC01: Core ---
Daniela Reyes the Mechanic --- AHB01: Core EH09: Masks Promo --- MAD28: Path of the Serpent
Darrell Simmons the Photographer AH01: Core --- EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Dexter Drake the Magician AH01: Core AHB01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Diana Stanley the Redeemed Cultist AH02: Dunwich Horror AHB04: Dead of Night EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AHC29: Circle MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Father Mateo the Priest --- --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AHC19: Age MAD20: Core
Finn Edwards the Bootlegger AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates AHC19: Age MAD25: Streets of Arkham
George Barnaby the Lawyer AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL19: Deep --- ---
Gloria Goldberg the Author AH01: Core --- EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Hank Samson the Farmhand AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH05: Pyramids SL19: Deep --- ---
Harvey Walters the Professor AH01: Core --- EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Jacqueline Fine the Psychic AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH01: Core SL15: Unseen --- ---
Jenny Barnes the Dilettante AH01: Core AHB01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core Novella/AHC02: Dunwich  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Jim Culver the Musician AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AHC02: Dunwich MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Joe Diamond the Private Eye AH01: Core --- EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core AHC29: Circle  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Kate Winthrop the Scientist AH01: Core AHB04: Dead of Night EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Leo Anderson the Expedition Leader AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AHC19: Age MAD28: Path of the Serpent
Lily Chen the Martial Artist AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH01: Core SL17: Ice --- MAD26: Sanctum of Twilight
Lola Hayes the Actress AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH01: Core SL19: Deep AHC11: Carcosa ---
Luke Robinson the Dreamer AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH07: Dream SL19: Deep AHC37: Dream-Eaters ---
Mandy Thompson the Researcher AH01: Core --- EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Marie Lambeau the Entertainer AH02: Dunwich Horror AHB01: Core EH04: Strange SL15: Unseen Promo/AHC29: Circle MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Mark Harrigan the Soldier AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AHC11: Carcosa ---
Michael McGlen the Gangster AH01: Core AHB01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Minh Thi Phan the Secretary AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL19: Deep AHC11: Carcosa MAD20: Core
Monterey Jack the Archeologist AH01: Core --- EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Norman Withers the Astronomer AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB01: Core EH01: Core SL16: Gates Novella MAD28: Path of the Serpent
Patrice Hathaway the Violinist AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates --- ---
Preston Fairmont the Millionaire --- --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AHC29: Circle MAD20: Core
Rex Murphy the Reporter AH04: Kingsport Horror AHB01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL17: Ice AHC02: Dunwich ---
Rita Young the Athlete AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH08: Cities SL15: Unseen AHC29: Circle MAD20: Core
Roland Banks the Fed AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB04: Dead of Night EH08: Cities SL19: Deep Novella/AHC01: Core ---
Sefina Rousseau the the Painter --- --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AHC11: Carcosa ---
Silas Marsh the Sailor AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH01: Core SL17: Ice Novella MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Sister Mary the Nun AH01: Core --- EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Tommy Muldoon the Rookie Cop AH06: Innsmouth Horror AHB01: Core EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates --- MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Tony Morgan the Bounty Hunter AH04: Kingsport Horror --- EH04: Strange SL17: Ice AHC37: Dream-Eaters ---
Trish Scarborough the Spy AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH01: Core SL16: Gates --- MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Ursula Downs the Explorer AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL17: Ice AHC19: Age MAD28: Path of the Serpent
Vincent Lee the Doctor AH01: Core --- EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Wendy Adams the Urchin AH04: Kingsport Horror AHB01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL17: Ice AHC01: Core MAD20: Core
William Yorick the Gravedigger AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH07: Dream SL16: Gates AHC11: Carcosa MAD20: Core
Wilson Richards the Handyman AH02: Dunwich Horror --- EH03: Mountains SL15: Unseen --- MAD23: Beyond the Threshold
Zoey Samaras the Chef AH06: Innsmouth Horror --- EH04: Strange SL19: Deep AHC02: Dunwich ---

Key:

Can be played across all games (provided you have the required promo)
Unreleased, but announced
Guardian character in the LCG
Seeker character in the LCG
Mystic character in the LCG
Rogue character in the LCG
Survivor character in the LCG
Neutral character in the LCG
 †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares - Originally in MoM1: Core
 ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories - Originally in MoM1: Call of the Wild & Forbidden Alchemy expansions

Obviously we have the name of another announced character for this cycle, but as it was from the French page and most people have been hiding, via spoiler tags, his/her identity here, I took it off this list (to protect the innocent).

Edit:  I have added Tony Morgan (although was not able to format it) to the above as he has been revealed in the live-stream.  He was the French-spoiled character.

Edited by Duciris

As a person who plays both MoM 2E and AG:TCG I'm super excited that so many of the investigator minis released in this MoM expansion are also ones that already have cards in AH:TCG.  In particular my Leo proxy mini was a pretty big stretch since I was using Carson Sinclair usually to represent him.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, Duciris said:

BIG LIST OF INVESTIGATORS!

Can be played across all games (provided you have the required promo)
Unreleased, but announced
Guardian character in the LCG
Seeker character in the LCG
Mystic character in the LCG
Rogue character in the LCG
Survivor character in the LCG
Neutral character in the LCG

So, There are currently 26 unreleased investigators.  At five per campaign they have enough investigators to release 5 more campaigns. Each campaign takes about 8 months to release.  And so... When CU ends in August we'll have content without them needing to create new investigators until December 2022.  At which point Arkahm Horror LCG will be 6 years old.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

So, There are currently 26 unreleased investigators.  At five per campaign they have enough investigators to release 5 more campaigns. Each campaign takes about 8 months to release.  And so... When CU ends in August we'll have content without them needing to create new investigators until December 2022.  At which point Arkahm Horror LCG will be 6 years old.

I count 25, but then you have to include Norman and Silas, who we can safely assume will also be in future cycles.  So 27 to come.  Still probably five campaigns, with two of them having six gators.

Edited by CSerpent