Duciris

Cycle V: The Dream-Eaters

4 hours ago, Soakman said:

Huh. I guess my assumption is just an assumption maybe then. I would have though that to upgrade from a card, it would need to be present at the start of upgrading a deck.  I guess the efficiency of losing an xp if you don't have it in your deck already has usually prevented me from even being in this situation though (when it comes to arcane research). 

Looking at how it is worded in the Rules Reference, my inference is that there is a sequence you go through individually for each card (look at the fourth bullet point, where it talks about buying new cards individually). Once you've finished the remove old card/pay XP/add card to deck/check deck size steps for card A, you move on to card B, etc. As a result, your first choice could be to add the level 0 Strange Solution, then your second choice could be to upgrade it to Acidic Ichor (for example).

9 hours ago, dysartes said:

You sure it doesn't seem that dodgy to you?

Not really, it's limited by XP and deck building requirements. You still are not going to want all those cards on each seeker even if they are options. I mean, you could, but in a group of 4 seekers, I would assume you would want some to be more combat capable, some more evade-y, while some focus on cluevering only, etc.

I never looked into the rules reference regarding experience honestly, but it does sound like each card is purchased individually in no particular order, so it does sound like you could add one, then remove it and upgrade it in the same upgrade period. 

All of this comes from someone who frequently plays on standard and easy, so as far as 'dodginess' goes, I'm not an absolute stickler in my own playthroughs with friends. As far as I can tell, there is nothing to stop a different player from taking advantage of the detective work of another player as the result is recorded in the log. It may matter more if you are really challenging yourself to harder and harder challenges, but I also don't see it being that much more of an advantage than what the cards already give you. 

Edited by Soakman

On 2/3/2020 at 6:45 PM, Allonym said:

Return. The short version is that the Guardian cards are surprising updates to bad level 0 cards and both pretty good and very interesting, the Seeker stuff is meh and probably a bit OP, the Rogue stuff is OK, the Mystic stuff is really "interesting", and the Survivor cards are kind of hard to evaluate. But here's my way too in-depth

Your thoughts aren’t way too in-depth, just extremely thorough! And awesome as always. Thanks for the analysis. Am looking forward to putting some of it to good use! 

Edited by Mimi61

Hi gang, I'm back from trying out a number of new cards with Patrice, running through The Forgotten Age on hard-ish difficulty, so I have some more practical experience with them to share. We've played the first 3 scenarios and done pretty excellently, alongside Finn and Mark (Mark using some of the new tools as well).

Moonstone is fantastic and is essentially the cornerstone of how I built the deck, concentrating more on Willpower with Wither and Sixth Sense (Wither, predictably, isn't very good and will be replaced soon, but it's cheap and holds its own for the start). Moonstone is excellent, I fell in love almost immediately, with my scenario 1 opening hand including my Violin - a couple of turns in, I drew Moonstone, then pulled a Willpower or Agility treachery (maybe Snake Bite?), then in the player window I discarded Moonstone with my Violin and then played it for a bonus on that test. Later synergy with Cornered is amazing. I've just picked up Relic Hunter purely to play both copies. 

I've gone for a more event-heavy deck, taking Spectral Razor and Read the Signs, both of which have been excellent. Obviously you can't keep them around as Patrice but even then, a 3-damage attack at a minimum skill of 6 is hard to complain about and has provided scope for some great plays. 

I've tried out A Glimmer of Hope on Patrice and I've been pleasantly surprised. Having it as an option in the discard pile has enabled a couple of game-winning plays - it's a card you never want to need to use, since it's slow and expensive and ideally you'll have what you need in hand, but there's a number of situations where I've been extremely happy to pay an action and a resource for +3 or more to my next test - picking up the final clue to win, hitting with a clutch attack to complete an objective, and so on. It's a great pick for her, and having AGoH, Improvised Weapon, Impromptu Barrier and Winging It in the discard pile means that no matter what, I have options I can resort to for anything I need.

Safeguard and Leadership (2) have both proven to be excellent as well - Safeguard particularly allows some extremely good plays. Very solid cards. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:45 PM, Allonym said:

Glimmer of Hope could be great for Patrice is sound, the fact is that the actual effectiveness of the card might end up being so mediocre for her that it still isn't worth it - certainly it might end up being wasted space in many scenarios

I haven’t tried it with Patrice because I am really ambivalent about her and this card. On the one hand, her obvious plus is that all 3 should show up in her discard pile soon enough to make use of them often. My logic may be flawed here, so please feel free to rip it to shreds, but this is a fairly common situation I have found myself in with Patrice and how I imagine AGoH could play out. Say after upkeep, she is at a location by herself with a shroud of 4 or 5 and wants to investigate during her turn, or the location has an moderately difficult agility or strength test to pass. Her current hand is a couple of skill cards, her Watcher and an asset or event she wants to play.  Cornered and her Violin are out. Then comes Mythos and she needs a skill boost for a test. She uses her her skill cards, because she knows she has AGoH in her discard pile. She has enough resources to play her asset/event, so discards her last card to her Violin to get the resource to play AGoH, but for that one action, she gets 3 cards. She discards one to Cornered doubling the face value and commits the others getting +4 to her test right?  I know that sounds really situational, but it happens to her a lot. She has a tendency to either help other investigators and/or herself during Mythos and often has a card she actually wants to play in her hand. But then she doesn’t have enough left for Cornered. So instead of using an action to draw just one card which could be a weakness, she can draw 3 instead and knows exactly what they are. On the other hand she often has plenty of fodder for Cornered, which she doesn’t need resources or extra actions to use, so it may not be quite what it seems at first blush.  I have to think, for other Survivors AHoH can be a boon though, especially if played with Cornered. And unlike 3 Aces, you don’t have to have all 3 to play them. Even if you had 2 in your discard pile and one Cornered, but didn’t want to sacrifice any existing cards in your hand, or have no cards, you can make that +2 a +3 and they go right back to being available for next time. Not as efficient as Dream Diary, because of the cost and action, but that keeps it from being broken. 1 Cornered and all 3 becomes a +4 every time, 2 Cornered they become +5, without having to sacrifice cards you want to keep, or having to satisfy any other criteria. It’s kind of expensive, but what a great thing to have in your back pocket, knowing even a treachery card or weakness can’t erase it.  
Not being a brilliant strategist though, there are probably a thousand things I don’t see. 

And in the time it took me to write this post you have already commented on using it with Patrice! Always one step ahead! I concur with Moonstone. Love, love, love. How amazing does it feel to discard it to Cornered during Mythos and by having to play it immediately, are able to use the extra skill boost while resolving the encounter card?  I feel like I am “spitting in Sightbinder’s Eye” (sorry, mixing in Wheel of Time metaphors).  With Cornered, Improvised Weapon, Winging it, Impromptu, Lantern and Shovel, Last Chance, Rise to the Occasion and her many other skill/event/icon cards plus Resourceful, her discard pile is often really her hand and her hand is her discard pile!  She is a force. I love playing her! 

Edited by Mimi61

57 minutes ago, dysartes said:

Allonym, have you had chance to try out Brute Force (or the other new Survivor XP skill cards) with Patrice yet?

Not yet; they're my next upgrade after Lantern/Gravedigger's. The question is whether I'll replace events with them or have them in addition. I don't think I'll be taking Expeditious Retreat, though. 

41 minutes ago, Allonym said:

Not yet; they're my next upgrade after Lantern/Gravedigger's. The question is whether I'll replace events with them or have them in addition. I don't think I'll be taking Expeditious Retreat, though. 

Yeah, I think Sharp Vision and Brute Force are worth it - especially if you don't run a weapon with Patrice - but I'm less convinced by the Evade equivalent.

Sharp Vision and Brute Force were amazing for City of Archives, unsurprisingly. My opening hand had all 3 Glimmer of Hope, which was more or less the only reason my deck wasn't completely hosed in that scenario. That and Alter Fate, which is now my second priority for exp on every Patrice deck, after Cornered. 

On 2/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, Allonym said:

But here's a rules question for you: If you activate the Action -> ability on a weapon which then has the Fight designator, is that still an Activate action?

"Exactly. Activating the fight ability on a Firearm counts as both an activate action and a fight action. That is precisely the meaning of the “Fight” action designator."

Matt Newman

8 minutes ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

"Exactly. Activating the fight ability on a Firearm counts as both an activate action and a fight action. That is precisely the meaning of the “Fight” action designator."

Matt Newman

Sweet, that makes Haste a substantially more useful card and minimises confusion.

For anyone who wants to feel more confident about how Haste works we have a video about it.

https://youtu.be/CE3vHyCvEc0

And all of the other cards are explained in our regular Mythos pack video for Point of No Return such as why you can’t have more than one copy of Essence of the Dream or what happens if Daredevil draws another copy of Daredevil.

https://youtu.be/5xT05R6ax4A

On 2/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, Allonym said:

I've gone for a more event-heavy deck, taking Spectral Razor and Read the Signs, both of which have been excellent. Obviously you can't keep them around as Patrice but even then, a 3-damage attack at a minimum skill of 6 is hard to complain about and has provided scope for some great plays. 

Hey Allonym! I just finished our campaign in which I played Patrice. It was maybe the most fun I have had with an investigator to date. I just wanted to thank you for all of your help in the early days of building her deck. I went with your low cost, few but mighty asset build idea and ended up with hardly any mystic cards in the end. Sharp Vision was available for the last scenario and ended up coming in quite handy. 
I am interested in how she does with you in TFA with more of the Mystic build. How are you handling the resources for example? And have you seen anything come down the pipe recently that may make Versatile worth it for her? 
Anyway, many thanks. 

1 hour ago, Mimi61 said:

Hey Allonym! I just finished our campaign in which I played Patrice. It was maybe the most fun I have had with an investigator to date. I just wanted to thank you for all of your help in the early days of building her deck. I went with your low cost, few but mighty asset build idea and ended up with hardly any mystic cards in the end. Sharp Vision was available for the last scenario and ended up coming in quite handy. 
I am interested in how she does with you in TFA with more of the Mystic build. How are you handling the resources for example? And have you seen anything come down the pipe recently that may make Versatile worth it for her? 
Anyway, many thanks. 

Oh, I'm happy I could help! Patrice is such great fun that I wonder if I'll enjoy other investigators in the same way (going to go back to Carolyn and Zoey next I think).

In TFA, I followed what I think of as probably the most natural path for Patrice, with a few spells early on (Wither, Sixth Sense and Mists of R'lyeh were all in my starting deck), which got replaced with events, skills and other assets as time went on, ending up with a far less Mystic deck by the end, though Sixth Sense stayed in right to the end. The truth is that being secondary mystic is pretty disappointing for a lot of investigators - having Shrivelling (0) is a fine combat solution for scenario 1, but when it's scenario 7 and it's still your main combat tool, your effectiveness dries up, and a lot of the better Mystic cards are level 3 and up with a few support tools at lower levels that are completely replaceable by options from other classes. Compare having Guardian 0-2, for example - you can still pick up some decent upgraded weapons in .32 Colt (2), .45 Automatic (2), Vicious Blow (2), and a lot of good events, but the "big guns" are out of reach, meaning that you can still be see demonstrable improvement in combat effectiveness while not stepping on the toes of a genuine Guardian.

Spectral Razor was fantastic in the early parts of TFA because there's a lot of 3 hp enemies, whereas Read the Signs was merely "ok" - a solid pick but not integral to the deck by any means. The resource costs weren't a huge problem since I had Madame Labranche, so as long as I kept event costs to 2 or less I could usually use at least one event from what I drew in a turn if I needed to, and if not, there's always Cornered.

I toyed with Versatile a lot, mostly because I was having trouble deciding what to cut from my deck so the extra deck space would have made decisions easier (though that probably would still result in a worse deck overall). But I kept coming back to not having any good choices for the off-class slot. If running an intellect investigation deck I could see Magnifying Glass being a good choice, but hand slots are a bit of a premium - probably Deduction would be the better choice. If running a combat deck you could take Vicious Blow but it's not exactly game-changing for Patrice - she doesn't need any of the level 0 off-class weapons since Survivor already has excellent options in Fire Axe and Meat Cleaver. I considered Lone Wolf but I don't think it does enough for her, plus you need to play it the turn you draw it and with a 50+ card deck you aren't likely to see it in your opening hand - plus it's just generally not an amazing card. You could certainly argue Dr Milan Christopher or Leo de Luca, and for certain decks they'll be pretty good, but Survivor already has tons of fantastic allies. I was, in fact, most likely to select Daring as my off-class card, and when I came to that realisation, I concluded that Versatile wasn't going to work out at all, since Daring is not remotely worth taking Versatile for.

5 hours ago, Allonym said:

Oh, I'm happy I could help! Patrice is such great fun that I wonder if I'll enjoy other investigators in the same way (going to go back to Carolyn and Zoey next I think).

I know what you mean. We just started TFA.  I am running Sefina and am already feeling bereft without Patrice (though I am anxious to try Haste).  Even with Sefina’s amazing opening hand ability and event strength, she was very nearly defeated halfway through Into the Wilds (But then, we pulled Auto Fail a record 11 times in that scenario). The problem honestly was that she couldn’t get through her deck fast enough to get at stuff she needed. I rarely had that problem with Patrice. Cornered was obviously key, so it has been a while since playing a 0 level Patrice, but with the power of discarding and pulling stuff back out, even 0 level Patrice has options. 
Thanks for your thoughts about the Mystic cards and Versatile. I did take Versatile with Lone Wolf, which helped if I got it out early. We were only playing two investigators, so she did end up in her own a lot. And it gave her space for myriad cards, but I’m not sure I’d do so again. 
I thought of taking Spectral Razor or Ethereal Form when they came out, but your advice about situational cards kept coming back to me. I did try Brute Force and was able to throw it to Tommy a couple of times, which was satisfying, but she never used it herself. Sharp Vision was Good, but no better than Winging It to be honest. Flare actually was worth exiling, and repurchasing to find and put Peter into play for one less resource. Peter was critical for the horror heavy Carcosa. 

I‘m curious as to how you approach Carolyn deck builds. 

Edited by Mimi61

2 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

I know what you mean. We just started TFA.  I am running Sefina and am already feeling bereft without Patrice. Even with Sefina’s amazing opening hand ability and event strength, she was very nearly defeated halfway through Into the Wilds (But then, we pulled Auto Fail a record 11 times in that scenario). The problem honestly was that she couldn’t get through her deck fast enough to get at stuff she needed. I rarely had that problem with Patrice. Cornered was obviously key, so it has been a while since playing a 0 level Patrice, but with the power of discarding and pulling stuff back out, even 0 level Patrice seemed to have options, she has spoiled me. 
I thought of taking Spectral Razor or Etheral Form, but your advice about situational cards, kept coming back to me. I tried Brute Force and was able to throw it to our guardian a couple of times, which was satisfying, but she never used it herself. Sharp Vision was fine, but not better than Winging It. Forgive me, I’m waxing nostalgic. I am kind of excited to try Haste with Sefina, though. 

Not sure I would use Haste for Sefina since there's already a lot of things she wants in her Arcane slots - Investigation from Sixth Sense/Rite of Seeking (2), combat from Shrivelling, evade synergy from Suggestion, to say nothing of Double, Double. If you're really concentrating heavily on events it could work but you risk running out of steam if you aren't using some assets for permanent options. Might work really well with Ornate Bow, though, especially if you don't need an investigation spell or you're happy to go without Suggestion. But now we're really drifting away from the topic of the thread - come on FFG, where's our next announcement?

With Patrice, situational cards aren't a terrible idea all the time no matter what, it's just about balancing the potential benefit when a card is useful with the likelihood that it won't be useful - for instance, often if you draw Spectral Razor it will just be discard fodder, but if it arrives in your hand at the same time as you have an enemy that needs killing, it can save a huge amount of actions and potentially rescue a team-mate. The potential benefit is big enough to offset the likelihood that it won't be in your hand at the right moment. Read the Signs is similar - with 0 boosts you are investigating at a skill of 6 for 2 clues, which is a big enough bonus to be worth it and will let you get extra clues from a low-shroud location or crack a high-shroud location. Whereas something like "Look What I Found!" requires that you play around it - to guarantee use of it, you need to have a shroud 2 or less location (or the ability to manufacture that, with Flashlight or whatever) that you want to pick clues off this round, which is far less universally applicable, especially if you already have Sixth Sense out to simply try to succeed at the investigation test - and since it doesn't give you any upfront bonuses, you have the issue of deciding whether to try and trigger its effect or commit/discard for bonuses. Lucky! is probably not worth it for Patrice, as the benefit of Lucky! is that it effectively gives you +2 to all your tests until you actually need to use it, at the cost of needing to keep it in hand and paying a resource when using it - which is great for many survivors but really weak for Patrice and not worth the opportunity cost. Same goes for Eucatastrophe only more so.

Which is not to say that Spectral Razor and Read the Signs are staple cards - Spectral Razor is fantastic for TFA because there's lots of pesky 3-health enemies right from the start, but Read the Signs is decidedly low-impact. The big benefit of Brute Force and Sharp Vision is more that they don't cost any resources, but while Brute Force in particular has proven to be solid on Patrice, I don't feel like my deck became much stronger once I added them - definitely a minor upgrade compared to the core upgrades of Cornered, Charisma+Peter S (2) and Alter Fate. That's my biggest gripe with Patrice, actually - running out of things to spend experience on that substantially improved my deck, leaving her with a weird power curve where she's not up to par scenario 1, rapidly becomes really good after she gets any amount of exp, then plateaus quickly. Part of that is due to the paltry selection of Mystic 1-2 cards, of course.

Edited by Allonym

1 hour ago, Allonym said:

That's my biggest gripe with Patrice, actually - running out of things to spend experience on that substantially improved my deck, leaving her with a weird power curve where she's not up to par scenario 1, rapidly becomes really good after she gets any amount of exp, then plateaus quickly. Part of that is due to the paltry selection of Mystic 1-2 cards, of course.

This is my experience with her. She's very strong, but honestly with cornered and her violin, I feel like every turn is the same. What do I chuck for this test? How about for this test? I could commit this card, but actually, let's just chuck it instead. I rarely play on hard, so +2 or +4 (if both cornereds are out) is basically all I need. While it's fun to pull all those draws, I find once I have a decent ally down and cornereds, I'm really not having the sort of fun decision-making plays I get out of someone like Sefina. I think Sefina still reigns supreme as my favorite investigator.

I like that Patrice is different, but I honestly think that cornered is so good on her, avoiding using it in her build feels so crippling that I don't even know if trying other builds is really going to work. There are so many cards you just don't want to take because Patrice hates situational tools. Events are difficult sells (which is a lot of what lvl 0 mystic brings to the table, and even a lot of lvl 0 survivor). She so suited to assets that stay out and just chucking cards to fuel them that even skills feel situational and if they don't give you at least 2 icons, they're barely worth considering. And even then, cornered is like having 2 wilds on any card, so why take a skill with 2 intelligence icons (or a non-skill event that you may be able to commit if you can't play it) for example when +2 to any test is so much better.

I honestly don't see myself coming back to her, which is sad because she's one of my favorites thematically. I am just not sure what new cards could enter the pool that will actually shake her deck up enough to make her exciting for me again (and I've only used her for 4 scenarios, 3 Dreamlands + Carnivale).

Edited by Soakman

2 minutes ago, Soakman said:

This is my experience with her. She's very strong, but honestly with cornered and her violin, I feel like every turn is the same. What do I chuck for this test? How about for this test? I could commit this card, but actually, let's just chuck it instead. I rarely play on hard, so +2 or +4 (if both cornereds are out) is basically all I need. While it's fun to pull all those draws, I find once I have a decent ally down and cornereds, I'm really not having the sort of fun decision-making plays I get out of someone like Sefina. I think Sefina still reigns supreme as my favorite investigator.

I like that Patrice is different, but I honestly think that cornered is so good on her, avoiding using it in her build feels so crippling that I don't even know if trying other builds is really going to work. There are so many cards you just don't want to take because Patrice hates situational tools. Events are difficult sells (which is a lot of what lvl 0 mystic brings to the table, and even a lot of lvl 0 survivor). She so suited to assets that stay out and just chucking cards to fuel them that even skills feel situational and if they don't give you at least 2 icons, they're barely worth considering. And even then, cornered is like having 2 wilds, so why take a skill with 2 intelligence icons (or a non-skill event that you may be able to commit if you can't play it) when +2 to any skill is so much better.

I honestly don't see myself coming back to her, which is sad because she's one of my favorites thematically. I am just not sure what new cards could enter the pool that will actually shake her deck up enough to make her exciting for me again (and I've only used her for 4 scenarios, 3 Dreamlands + Carnival).

Ah, see, I play exclusively on Hard, where I find a huge amount of fun decision-making goes into Patrice. Perhaps that's her sweet spot? Certainly, being able to pull off some ridiculous turns wherein I tested at +7 on an Impromptu Barrier test, used A Glimmer of Hope and tested at +9 on a scenario test was very pleasing, and the Improvised events, Alter Fate and various other tools she has access to allow for some real skin-of-your-teeth moments.

As for cards that would make her fun - better resource economy is an obvious one (I mean you can take Drawing Thin I guess, but I would kill for a card that was fast, gain 1 resource and did nothing else) to offset her inability to play what she draws, and more Fast cards to allow her to get stuff on the table without ruining her ability to take turns. Something like a Skill card that had text like: "If this test is successful, search your Bonded cards for a copy of [special asset] and play it (paying its cost)" would be really cool.

You can do some interesting builds with her, such as no-spells, or Dark Horse/Fire Axe monster-hunter, which shake up the core dynamic quite a bit as well.

3 hours ago, Allonym said:

. Might work really well with Ornate Bow, though, especially if you don't need an investigation spell or you're happy to go without Suggestion. But now we're really drifting away from the topic of the thread - come on FFG, where's our next announcement?

I hear what you are saying about her Arcane Slots and Ornate Bow was exactly one of the things I was thinking of for using Haste, as she has both hand slots open. She’s pretty limited with weapon options and I’m just not that enamored of Shriveling 0 for some of the very reasons you mentioned for Patrice. We are playing this campaign with four investigators and she’s ended up doing more investigating than I anticipated. The extra action there could be helpful too, especially if she can combine it with finding clues at connecting locations. Then there are all the unexpected uses. Maybe playing an extra card in set-up (since she gets 13 to start), moving an extra time, even activating 2 different cards and getting another activation, like on a location etc. At least, those were my initial thoughts for Haste. I see Double or Nothing working synergistically there as well.  Resolving the outcome a second time isn’t an action, so shouldn’t interfere with the extra action gained from Haste, leaving me with visions of grabbing several clues in short order, or doing extra damage. She hasn’t spent her first scenario experience yet. I was going to invest in Lola to offset some of the need for Suggestion, but as you say, I digress... ahem, Shouldn’t the Return to TFA announcement be forthcoming soon? 

I will have to give some of the Mystic cards a harder look for Patrice next time. Something I really liked about playing her was coming through for someone else when they least expected it. I’d like her to do more of that. I’m glad A Glimmer of Hope worked well for her. I had high hopes, but didn’t have room in her deck by that time to try it.  

Edited by Mimi61

4 hours ago, dysartes said:

Allonym, what do you think of the (or a, I guess) Desperate build of Patrice?

Versatile may have a role in that deck, if only to add Something Worth Fighting For to help manage your Sanity.

It's an interesting approach - I don't think Patrice gets as much benefit from Desperate/Yaotl as, say, Ashcan Pete, because the skills are inherently situational and she might draw Run For Your Life and not need it that turn, and with the constant churn through her deck and discard from hand she can't control the top card of her discard pile as easily. 

Additionally, I feel like the benefit will drop off rapidly as she progresses through the campaign, further exacerbating the issue of not getting much better with exp - and it's possible to get into situations where you have the capacity to succeed on anything but auto-fail even without the desperate skills, thanks to Cornered, static boosts and other skills, at which point they become redundant. I don't know if what they offer is revolutionary enough to be worth the trauma, and taking Arcane Research purely for trauma is always sad. 

That said, it would allow her to pull off lots of very absurd turns and would make the Watcher from Another Dimension far less of a problem. I think it's solid, but ultimately limited and probably very boring to play. I also don't agree with a lot of the analysis, but that's another story. 

I don't think Versatile adds much to the deck, though. Something Worth Fighting For is still very expensive for Patrice, and diluting the deck by increasing its size weakens the core gimmick of Desperate skills. If I wanted horror soak in that deck, I'd go Relic Hunter for Cherished Keepsake, Elder Sign Amulet or maybe Holy Rosary, and it already has Peter Sylvestre.

One thing that saddens me is that Versatile and Myriad don't synergise (Myriad means that you get 3 copies for the price of one, but each of those copies still takes up a limited deck slot), because I would love to run Solemn Vow on Patrice, and tank for the team with Peter Sylvestre and Jessica Hyde.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, Allonym said:

Safeguard and Leadership (2) have both proven to be excellent as well - Safeguard particularly allows some extremely good plays. Very solid cards. 

As you suggested in your first impressions, Safeguard may be too good for its price.  Amazing compression, and it doubles other movement compression like Ursula, Shortcut, and Pathfinder.